Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    This phone has way too many problems, I have to reboot my Pre about 2-3 times a day, everyday I visit the forums I see newer and newer glitches.

Today my Camera was not working, hours later things got back to normal. I'm really trying hard not to leave PALM but coming from a Blackberry Bold 9700, This Palm experience,Argh, its just simply horrible. I'm not even sure if anyone can convince my anymore to stick with my Pre, I was really looking forward for 1.4 but you can tell from the forums how effective that update was.

I might just get a Nexus 1 I guess.

/Rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This phone has way too many problems, I have to reboot my Pre about 2-3 times a day, everyday I visit the forums I see newer and newer glitches.

Today my Camera was not working, hours later things got back to normal. I'm really trying hard not to leave PALM but coming from a Blackberry Bold 9700, This Palm experience,Argh, its just simply horrible. I'm not even sure if anyone can convince my anymore to stick with my Pre, I was really looking forward for 1.4 but you can tell from the forums how effective that update was.

/Rant.
    You try swapping out devices? I haven't had NEARLY as many problems(none at all really) as you have, and I've owned my Pre ever since Launch.
    we will miss your insight
    yeah, try toughing it out since launch. I'm almost at the end of my palm life. Sucks that android doesn't have 3d gaming though, only reason i havent left.
    I'd like to rephrase what the Original Poster is trying to say...

He doesn't mean the phone in general has way too many problems... He means SPECIFICALLY HIS PHONE has problems.

I and tons of other people on this thread have a pre and it's working gloriously. So, his phone in particular is having problems.

If you plan on getting rid of your phone, here's my Toodles to ya!
    I am really planning on keeping my Pre for a long time, I've had it since June and has performed wonderfully the whole time, no glitches, the camera works great and now I even have video recording.
    na na na na

na na na na

hey hey hey

goodybye

I have no more to say to you at this point except for this

Bye Bye
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    yeah, try toughing it out since launch. I'm almost at the end of my palm life. Sucks that android doesn't have 3d gaming though, only reason i havent left.
    lack of 3d gaming is the only issue you have with android? nothing regarding the inconsistent user experience or lack of version control or unintuitive navigation/multitasking? or the extremely volatile application environment where lots of users think that since android is open source, they should never ever (ever) be asked to compensate developers monetarily for their hard work and dedication to their platform. HOP ON IN!

that being said, i had an issue with my launch pre 7 months in and i got it replaced with a new device (under warranty) and it's been fine. webos is easily the best, most capable, intuitive, well-designed and highly polished mobile os out there, imo.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
  9. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    You try swapping out devices? I haven't had NEARLY as many problems(none at all really) as you have, and I've owned my Pre ever since Launch.
    I just got this phone nearly 2-3 weeks ago, It was brand new from Germany.

The things its doing is beyond ridiculous, Sending an email is hell, Yahoo email simply sucks on the device. I just don't know if I can keep up with it anymore.

Nonetheless, 1.4 has made my phone worse then what it was with 1.3.5.2, I really don't know if I can take this anymore. I am literally pulling out the battery from my phone cause the browser will not load Precentral.net, I tried doctoring the phone and everything. But the experience is simply horrible.

These problems do not always occur, they are random and its hurting the reliability of this device I have.

I just hope things get better, I really love the operating system but its so hard to keep up with something that under performs quite excessively.
    @ozymandias,

I took a look at your post history and your own threads are regarding credit card, paid apps and buying an extended battery.

If you were having so many issues, why are you not asking for more help?

/Rant.
    Why on earth would you keep a phone that is not working properly? Have you tried exchanging it?
    I was really looking forward for 1.4 but you can tell from the forums how effective that update was.
    Yeah the update went very well. Most people are very happy.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  13. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    I'd like to rephrase what the Original Poster is trying to say...

He doesn't mean the phone in general has way too many problems... He means SPECIFICALLY HIS PHONE has problems.

I and tons of other people on this thread have a pre and it's working gloriously. So, his phone in particular is having problems.

If you plan on getting rid of your phone, here's my Toodles to ya!
    I am by no means trying to bash the Pre, like I said I absolutely love WebOS. I am one of the few who will defend the Pre and stand up for it, But I can't hide from the stone truth, this phone is busting my chops, the amount of battery pulls I have to do is far ridiculous.

Its just these glitches I have been facing since 1.4 that are driving me nuts.
    These problems do not always occur, they are random and its hurting the reliability of this device I have.
    Which patches you running?

If you want a rock solid stable Pre then remove all your patches, do a full erase then run the doctor and all your problems will magically go away.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  15. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    @ozymandias,

I took a look at your post history and your own threads are regarding credit card, paid apps and buying an extended battery.

If you were having so many issues, why are you not asking for more help?
    I contacted PALM so many times, its not even funny. Each and every rep of PALM contradicts itself, one Rep tells me since my phone is German I won't be able to access the App catalog(Which is absolutely wrong). One rep tells me another thing, its just overall has been a hassle for me.

I am employed from a Major U.S telecommunications company, I have been promoting the Pre amongst my entire team, but its hard to stick with a phone that gives you a hassle to even set up your Yahoo e-mail.

I have asked for help from pretty much everyone I could think of, My company does not support the Pre, so who else can I turn too? I purchased this phone BRAND NEW from O2 Germany, and I am stuck with so many problems that I don't even know where to begin with.

Please believe me when I say I absolutely adore some of the features WebOS provides, I have even chosen to run this phone on EDGE. But it gets to a point where you want to think if all these battery pulls are really worth it.

I mean, lets be frank, my Camera was not working today for HOURS. And it randomly starts working, All I was getting was a gray card with nothing showing in it. Let me reiterate, I am by no means trying to Bash the Pre as a whole, I just think that my experience with this brand new Pre that I was so looking forward too has been little less then horrible. I don't even have all these fancy patches installed anymore.
    I never have to pull my battery. It sounds like some folks have bad phones and just assume all pre's suck.
  17. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Did you install patches and all sorts of homebrew? I bet you did.
    Presently speaking, I have NO patches.
    Presently speaking, I have NO patches.
    Do you have Preware installed?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Ozy.. why not just start at the beginning and lets see if we can resolve this?

Have you tried applying 1.4 Webdoctor so you start with a fresh OS? If that doesnt work can you try applying 1.2 Webdoctor and then applying 1.4 on top of that?
    The Pre is the first phone that I am considering NOT replacing! When I hit my year mark if there isn't a new Palm device (this is my first Palm) I will be keeping the Pre. Had all the rest of the smart phones and this one is by far my favorite!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast