Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    had my pre for 6 months now with no problems at all,,what am I doing wrong.?lol
  2. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Do you have Preware installed?
    Yes indeed I do.
  3. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Ozy.. why not just start at the beginning and lets see if we can resolve this?

Have you tried applying 1.4 Webdoctor so you start with a fresh OS? If that doesnt work can you try applying 1.2 Webdoctor and then applying 1.4 on top of that?
    I had 1.3.5.2, I removed all my patches ( At least I think I did) And I downloaded the o2 German 1.4 doctor, Then I doctored my Pre.

Ever since 1.4, My browser is slower, despite the fact that I am running my Pre on EDGE, It shouldn't be this slow, especially since on 1.3.5.2 the speed was far better.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I mean, lets be frank, my Camera was not working today for HOURS. And it randomly starts working, All I was getting was a gray card with nothing showing in it. Let me reiterate, I am by no means trying to Bash the Pre as a whole, I just think that my experience with this brand new Pre that I was so looking forward too has been little less then horrible. I don't even have all these fancy patches installed anymore.
    My wife and I had this exact same issue yesterday and it really frustrated us. We went to go to a Tepenyaki(sp) restaurant yesterday and and wanted to get some video of the whole cooking show. I was able to get 2 videos and that was it. When I went to re-launch the camera I was also getting the grey-card error on 2 different handsets. I tried luna restarts, hard restarts, even pulled the battery on her phone and nothing changed. Then when we got outside the camera started mysteriously working. The only thing, ONLY thing I kept coming back to was that both of us were going in and out of EVDO/1X and had only 1-2 bars of signal at most. Was that tied into the issue? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    The Pre is the first phone that I am considering NOT replacing! When I hit my year mark if there isn't a new Palm device (this is my first Palm) I will be keeping the Pre. Had all the rest of the smart phones and this one is by far my favorite!
    Ducatti, I am the same way. I will stand up proudly and say My name is Gary and I am a phone *****. I buy a new phone and normally within 3mos I am looking for my next new phone. I love my Pre. I'd love to have a Pre Plus and, as a customer of Sprint's since 1996 I almost left to go to Verizon just to get the Pre Plus (But an extra $50 a month wasn't justifiable).

Ever since, My browser is slower, despite the fact that I am running my Pre on EDGE, It shouldn't be this slow, especially since on 1.3.5.2 the speed was far better.
    I must admit that I am not impressed by the "speed increase" offered by 1.4. If anything it seems like it is taking longer for cards to load now.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Yes indeed I do.
    Preware installs the package manager service. This makes some modifications to the OS. Like others have pointed out, you should do a full wipe then install the 1.4.0 update. If your problems persist you have a bad phone which should be replaced for free under warranty.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    So, What you guys are suggesting that a Full wipe, plus doctor would resolve my problems?

My Yahoo Email always is giving me the "Can not send " " email" That is probably the most frustrating error as compared to all.

Any advice on that?
    I run yahoo email and I have not seen that error. I do suggest that you do a full erase and then either do a 1.4 doctor again or try doing a 1.2 then doing 1.4 on top of that. Then recreate your yahoo account and let it resync from scratch.
    So, What you guys are suggesting that a Full wipe, plus doctor would resolve my problems?

My Yahoo Email always is giving me the "Can not send " " email" That is probably the most frustrating error as compared to all.

Any advice on that?
    It sounds like there is something messed up with the network stack. Let's start with the doctor and the 1.4.1 update and see how things perform.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    the problem people have including me is mostly from patching tweaking the phone if you don't patch tweak ur phone it works and makes no problems specially when update it is our own fault we have those problems don't five up on the phone. I am not barely patching my pre anymore. Just one important patch I used.
  10. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It sounds like there is something messed up with the network stack. Let's start with the doctor and the 1.4.1 update and see how things perform.
    1.4.1?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Ozymandias.. I have one more thing you can try. This might be your problem because it happened to me as well. Some of the changes made from patches are carried over via the database. I don't know which patches do this but it did happen to me. Your problem might not be in the phone at all but perhaps something changed, removed or added in your profile. Every time you get a new phone or doctor it.. the problem is re applied when you download your profile/data to your virgin Pre.

For sh!ts and giggles.. if you haven't tried it already.. Doctor your Pre and when it comes time to fill in your profile info.. create a new profile. Enter some of your email settings so that you can test it. Give it a shot.

If it works.. the hardest thing to do will be to get all your contacts on your new profile. There are several "quick" methods of doing that around this site. If it works out for you.. you can worry about the contacts then.

Good luck!
    1.4.1?
    Sorry 1.4.0. I'm tired.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12