Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Well, you should know me by know caj... there's nothing that upsets me more than generalized statements that do not represent any form of truth. Ya gotta keep it factual around me or I'm gonna call you on it.

If you think the Nexus One has better hardware, then say so... Don't say "[All] Android phones are built better", because that's not even remotely close to the truth.

If there were a Droid & Pre running side-by-side (same processor, same mobo, same heatsinks, etc...) and the Pre still managed to crap out before the Droid... then one could theorize that webOS's javascript had a play in making the phone more inefficient and, therefore, more prone to breakage during overclocking tests.
    in a more positive light, I'm rocking smartreflex at 600 mhz and it's purring like a kitten on catnip :-). at 600 mhz the entire thing flies
    Anyways, Since I am still in 1.3.5 (thanks to Bell Canada) can I get the 800 patch and use it for a few days - I was late to be a beta tester.

Thank you in advance and yes I accept the risk and will sign the ND statement. I just want to try the dam thing out lol

PM and I will send my email address

"I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Caj would you give permission to other people to pick up where you guys left off? I understand your reasoning for stopping, I just want to see this get picked up. I love the pre, much as i think you do, and I just want to watch it get up to its full potential. The C40 is merely a twinkle in somebody's eyes at this point, could be a load of crap for all we know. Same with the HTC supersonic which apparently coming to Sprint, a rumor is a rumor until somebody important says otherwise.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Theoretical potential??? Did you look at heat dissipation rates of the various phones. Many experts have cited the problem with the Pre hardware relative to other phones of it class.
    What about the variability in manufacturing as well?

QUOTE=grndslm;2271849]Umm... Android is just an operating system. Has nothing to do with the hardware whatsoever.

The iPhone 3GS & Droid both have the same hardware as the Pre. They all have the same theoretical potential.
    [/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this one from personal experience, my phone gets incredibly hot with any more than 5-10 minute use... while I realize that is common amongst Pre owners it can't at all be properly functioning hardware. Something is wrong, and Palm never addressed it.
    so the sdk wouldnt help update the kernal to 1.4??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    As to dissipation... a metal phone would give you much more OC'ing potential. No doubt.

But I love the idea of a plastic case, honestly. I'd imagine that the screen could handle a drop slightly easier than glass. And the Plus takes out the hole... so we'll see what those look like. I've had no problem with mine and I've taken a beating to mine.

I'd also it's easier on the internals as well. But this is all just theorizing here on the overall design... as I've never actually opened any of these phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so the sdk wouldnt help update the kernal to 1.4??
    I highly doubt Palm would give access to the kernel in their SDK.

I still wanna understand what's up with the PDK and the new development kits from WebOS-Internals...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    just added luna600patch to phone. So far (5hrs.) no problems or issues pre feels slightly zippier. Thanks all for the help.
    I doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and its not telling me to re-update to 1.4. I WIN!!!

That and for some reason the Package Manager doesnt play well with the 1.4 screen lock for Exchange support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthtoad05 View Post
    I doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and its not telling me to re-update to 1.4. I WIN!!!

That and for some reason the Package Manager doesnt play well with the 1.4 screen lock for Exchange support.
    you need to go in and update or reload package manager as quickly as possible lol thats where most of everyones troublr lies in that package.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yeah the 720 patch is only good for 1.3.5.1 and i cant stop the update so im not gonna use it lol
    i would just like the 600 patch if anyone has it??
    you need to go in and update or reload package manager as quickly as possible lol thats where most of everyones troublr lies in that package.
    Ah. I'll try that. Here's hoping.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I sent the luna600patch.sh successfully to the correct folder, but here is what I get when I type "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh install"

root@palm-webos-device: sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh install
    /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh: line 1:
    : not found
    /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh:
    : not found
    /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh: line 3: cannot open link: no such file
    /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh: line 4: syntax error: redirection unexpected
    root@palm-webos-device:

What is going wrong? I am on 1.4.
    did you put the space after both the first and second sh ?

sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh install . Also did you pkill luna manager and shut phone down and then check to see if its actually installed? In linux command line with phone attached put in

cat /proc/cpuinfo

the bogomips should say like 597 or so
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm sorry...but directions for this are strewn all across this thread and I can't make heads or tails on what I should or shouldn't be doing.

Can anyone take 5min and neatly format the many ways it is to be done with WebOS v1.4 in one post?

<<<i.e. WebOSQI Command Line:

Step 1: >>>

BTW those links on caj2008 "QuickInstall 600 MHz (or 550 MHz)-Simple Patch" are not working. I keep getting redirected to a webpage selling refurbished PC's.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    The install directions will be the exact same as what is on the first post of the quickinstall thread you referenced, and to get the file you need follow the link at the top of page 7 in this thread (post #228 of the thread it takes you to) the links in that thread work.
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 03/02/2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    The install directions will be the exact same as what is on the first post of the quickinstall thread you referenced, and I believe someone posted a link somewhere in this thread that will bring you to the patch you need to use with those instructions
    I'm sorry...but there are 29 pages to that thread? Would YOU be able to centralize this information?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    I'm sorry...but there are 29 pages to that thread? Would YOU be able to centralize this information?
    its about half way down on the page that it brings you to... post #228 by unixpsycho
    his post contains the instructions for installing the file as well
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    its about half way down on the page that it brings you to... post #228 by unixpsycho
    Thank you
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast