Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Really jealous! Does it have a great impact on battery life?
    I'm not sure, haven't really done any tests, but from what i can tell, battery life has degraded. Will leave battery monitor running overnight and tomorrow and see the results
    I like this thread, very helpful. I have something to add, or actually a question but I am sure will be useful for others. I oc's my pre using :mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

Now, say another update comes out, and I want to revert back to stock speed, what will I have to add to remove the overclocked speed?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    what do you think these lines do:

the first one moves your original LunaSysMgr to LunaSysMgr.orig
    ie creating a backup.

just do a:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    Quote Originally Posted by streetzlegend View Post
    I like this thread, very helpful. I have something to add, or actually a question but I am sure will be useful for others. I oc's my pre using :mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

Now, say another update comes out, and I want to revert back to stock speed, what will I have to add to remove the overclocked speed?
    I just used
    Code:
    sed -i 's/600000/500000/g' /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Probably safest to replace the original backup, if you trust it, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    what do you think these lines do:

the first one moves your original LunaSysMgr to LunaSysMgr.orig
    ie creating a backup.

just do a:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    aite thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    600 MHz appeared as if it was working fine in 1.4 until I realized I could not launch an app. Menus worked fine and the app launcher itself appeared intact, but it would not launch an app. Time to Doctor.
    I encountered the exact same problem. I think mine was due to having the 600MHz patch installed with 1.3.5.1 and installing the 1.4 firmware on top of it. I tried to delete and reinstall the 600Mhz patch after realizing my error which is when the apps in my launcher pages stopped launching (everything in my launch bar worked fine though).

A trip to the doctor fixed it though--thank goodness that doesn't require developer mode because I couldn't get into it to even run WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    mmmk well here's where i'm at... installed 1.4, downloaded the file from igobytoby's link... downloaded webos doctor 1.4, but can't seem to find the LunaSysMgr file... also a little confused on how to install it. It seems like some people say to use wosqi and send the file, others say do it all line by line in linux command line... i appreciate any help and would love to get this mod!
    Here's some instructions for everyone needing to get LunaSysMgr out of WebOS Doctor... I took a bit of a combo approach between command line and send file.

1. Download the full WebOS Doctor JAR file from here. For future reference, you can find the links to these full downloads on WebOS Internals here.

2. Inside the JAR, find the TAR archive named: resources\webOS.tar .

3. Inside webOS.tar, find and open the archive named: \nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz. (I extracted the entire contents of this archive to a directory, simply for the sake of easier navigation and possible future use, but that's up to you.)

4. Find and extract \usr\bin\LunaSysMgr to your harddrive.

5. Connect your phone via USB and load up WOSQI 3.02. Open up the Tools > Linux Commandline.

6. Even if you don't plan to re-apply the 600mhz script, enter the following command to remove the residual backup of LunaSysMgr from previously applying the 600mhz script:

Code:
    rm /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    7. I used WOSQI's Tools > Send File to transfer LunaSysMgr to the phone. This failed for me initially because it didn't want to overwrite the existing LunaSysMgr. I resolved this by going back to the Linux Commandline to get it out of the way like so:

Code:
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.old
    8. Now to transfer the LunaSysMgr from 1.4 to your phone. Go to Tools > Send File. For the file to transfer, find LunaSysMgr from where you saved it in step #4. For the destination folder, put "/usr/bin" (without the quotes). Click "Send To Device!".

9. If no errors are encountered in step 8, you should be clear to restart Luna. If the Send File fails, remember that you don't have any LunaSysMgr at the moment. Don't restart until you've at least restored the backup made in step #7.

If you've still got the Command Line open:

Code:
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    10. When Luna comes back up, the problem should be resolved. I didn't even have to reboot the phone for it start working again. To get rid of the old LunaSysMgr created in step 7:

Code:
    rm /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.old
    Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or if there is a better way to do any of it. Hope this helps!
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah the 720 patch is only good for 1.3.5.1 and i cant stop the update so im not gonna use it lol
    i would just like the 600 patch if anyone has it??
    you can stop the updates if you follow these steps: Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

I did it yesterday, and it works beautifully. Still on 1.3.5.1 and no update warning.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streetzlegend View Post
    aite thank you!
    "mv" means "move" on a unix/linux shell

so

mv oldfile newfile

moves the old file to the new file
    I think I will check it out then.
    ok, well I haven't ever done this patch, so my understading is I won't have to mess with the lunasysmgr... However, for my first install do you all suggest just applying that patch file, or doing it by command line?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Using proc/cpuinfo I get a bogoMIPS of 597.68 without installing a patch to change speed. Maybe 1.4 has already raised the speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by funsnail View Post
    Using proc/cpuinfo I get a bogoMIPS of 597.68 without installing a patch to change speed. Maybe 1.4 has already raised the speed.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my phone reverted back to 500mhz from 600mhz after the 1.4 update was applied. It didn't run at 600mhz at all until I reapplied the 600mhz tweak. I don't think 1.4 has any effect on the stock cpu clock speed.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

alright well i did the patch according to the link and it feels faster... but i did the speed test and these were my results...

600000 195214
    550000 1785
    500000 2817170

opinions? did it work?
    alright did a full reset and now im getting these:

600000 15947
    550000 1824
    500000 1357
    yes it worked. You are spending most of the time at 600, but will obviously go down to 550 or 500 on occasion.

enjoy it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwing96 View Post
    alright did a full reset and now im getting these:

600000 15947
    550000 1824
    500000 1357
    Yup, that's what you want to see. Sounds like it's working for you!
    Xenoc

18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I encountered the exact same problem. I think mine was due to having the 600MHz patch installed with 1.3.5.1 and installing the 1.4 firmware on top of it. I tried to delete and reinstall the 600Mhz patch after realizing my error which is when the apps in my launcher pages stopped launching (everything in my launch bar worked fine though).

A trip to the doctor fixed it though--thank goodness that doesn't require developer mode because I couldn't get into it to even run WebOS Quick Install.
    yup I was able to remove the 600mhz bfore the update but after the update terminal was broken so I couldn't do it cause bfore 1.4 I used the terminal app n the command lines above n it worked fine for a long time now I'm trying the same command lines in WOSQI cause the terminal app is broken but I can't get it done on WOSQI
    Awesome well thatnks for the help! I'm running a few battery tests and I'll post them... looks like when the phone isn't doing anything (no wifi, apps) it's running at abobut 2.87% per hour
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    anybody have the 600Mhz .sh file they could email me? I deleted it by accident.