Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Sapient -

Im running 1.4 and still feel theres way to much lag goin on here. Still being new to pre and tweaking, modding, etc, is there an easy ( like from WQSI ) way to patch to 600 or faster ?

TIA!~
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan2003 View Post
    Why is everyone so eager still to install any patches that increase speed? Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been happening? There have been phone failures possibly (and I stress possibly) due to the use of these overclocking patches. Someone said it earlier and summed it up good in that if Palm felt comfortable increasing the speed of the processor dont you think they would have done it? I was skeptical as well but after we all saw a thread getting shut down I think we should all think twice about installing and running these for any length of time. I was running the 800 MHz patch and have since uninstalled it.

If you guys are comfortable with possibly damaging your phones by running these patchces then you guys (and gals) are more than welcome to. Just think twice before doing so.
    Personally, I just cant stand the slowness of loading the apps, 2-3 sec delays are sad. Then Palm goes and adds the splash card to make me THINK its blazing faster now, but it reality it is exactly the same speed, and annoys me with the little card. Id prefer the lag with no little card if I cant make it any faster.

I dont want to destroy my phone, now, but if I can speed'er up a lot, with out damage, then so be it!

Thanks for the heads up though..... maybe we can get something ( if not already here ) that will speed up and be safe!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    600 MHz appeared as if it was working fine in 1.4 until I realized I could not launch an app. Menus worked fine and the app launcher itself appeared intact, but it would not launch an app. Time to Doctor.
    After 3 hours of doctoring and tweaking my phone back to its prior state, I decided to be a glutton for punishment and push my luck, trying it again. I followed the exact same steps as before except I put my 'very active' (emails every 30s-1m intervals)phone in Airplane Mode before attempting the 600 MHz mod. The net of it = success! I don't know if this is happenstance or if this is simply what this particular phone needed but it worked, and it is fast
    I've been running at 600 since 1.4 came out. it's fine.

I'd love to clock it to 800mhz. I pay $7 a month for insurance so i don't care if i brick my phone.
    800 breaks EVDO, gives a 'please enable network' message

wifi works

already tried it
    well either one of you 2 right above want to help me out ??
    Im still new at this so keep in mind
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Why is everyone so eager still to install any patches that increase speed? Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been happening? There have been phone failures possibly (and I stress possibly) due to the use of these overclocking patches. Someone said it earlier and summed it up good in that if Palm felt comfortable increasing the speed of the processor dont you think they would have done it? I was skeptical as well but after we all saw a thread getting shut down I think we should all think twice about installing and running these for any length of time. I was running the 800 MHz patch and have since uninstalled it.

If you guys are comfortable with possibly damaging your phones by running these patchces then you guys (and gals) are more than welcome to. Just think twice before doing so.
    I'm one of the ones who do pay attention which is why I've been overclocking my phone for months way before they made patches for this. I feel that many ppl have issues because they dont know what the hell they're doin.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I'm one of the ones who do pay attention which is why I've been overclocking my phone for months way before they made patches for this. I feel that many ppl have issues because they dont know what the hell they're doin.
    I dont doubt that. But keep in mind that one of those people who this happened to was one of the creators. Anyway...I'm not trying to raise big red flags here...just trying to create awareness so everyone is armed with knowledge before they take the leap
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    that happened to me after my first try installing it. i could launch from the quick launch, but nothing from in the launcher screen. i doctored down, and have been happily repatched, and running at 600 since with no trouble.

the easiest way i have clocked to 600 is to get the file here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2191786

and then just follow the directions to install it via quick install.
    you can uninstall with the directions right there as well.

just read as much as you can on the subject before doing this.
    For anyone running into this problem: Specifically, you cannot run anything from the Launcher after messing with this script:

This is caused by the LunaSysMgr from 1.3.5.1 being restored over the 1.4 one when trying to revert the patch. It will happen if you had the script installed, updated to 1.4, then tried to install it again, failed, tried to remove it (reverting to 1.3.5.1), then reinstalled it.

I was having this problem and I pulled the LunaSysMgr out of WebOS doctor 1.4 and used WOSQI to send it to my device. Worked like a charm. No need to completely doctor the phone.

Side Note: This method of clocking to 600mhz still works just fine for me. My phone is running at 600mhz under 1.4 with no problems currently.
    Last edited by Xenoc; 03/01/2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added side note.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    For anyone running into this problem: Specifically, you cannot run anything from the Launcher after messing with this script:

This is caused by the LunaSysMgr from 1.3.5.1 being restored over the 1.4 one when trying to revert the patch. It will happen if you had the script installed, updated to 1.4, then tried to install it again, failed, tried to remove it (reverting to 1.3.5.1), then reinstalled it.

I was having this problem and I pulled the LunaSysMgr out of WebOS doctor 1.4 and used WOSQI to send it to my device. Worked like a charm. No need to completely doctor the phone.

Side Note: This method of clocking to 600mhz still works just fine for me. My phone is running at 600mhz under 1.4 with no problems currently.
    Think you could post this file so i dont have to rummage around looking for it haha?
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    well either one of you 2 right above want to help me out ??
    Im still new at this so keep in mind
    you could try reading the rest of this thread, since people have posted ways to clock to 600 here, or you could search for other threads that have numerous methods to do it too. last night i put a link in this thread for an easy way to do it through webos quickinstall.

not to be rude or anything, but if you don't want to even bother to do a little bit of research on the subject, you may not want to try it. just to save yourself (and the people who come to help when you possibly mess something up) a little bit of trouble.

again, i don't mean to be rude, but there are methods in this thread and several others. i just don't want you to try something without taking the time to learn a little about it and then have troubles.

thanks! i was curious as to why i had that trouble. thanks for explaining what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    for the most part, I have figured these easy tweaks mode etc out, but this is out of my scope of things a little, thats why I asked for some easy to follow inst. to do it. If its something like copying and pasting some code to the command line in WQSI or patching, I can handle it !! :-) other wise, I may be a tad nervous, but ive got ins and the dr so I guess id be ok if I destroyed it either way!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    for the most part, I have figured these easy tweaks mode etc out, but this is out of my scope of things a little, thats why I asked for some easy to follow inst. to do it. If its something like copying and pasting some code to the command line in WQSI or patching, I can handle it !! :-) other wise, I may be a tad nervous, but ive got ins and the dr so I guess id be ok if I destroyed it either way!
    Thats fine. I just get mad when ppl complain about "bricking" their pre's when they don't know what the hell they're doing in the first place! For me, I had many issues using command line on WQSI. I suggest using Terminal (If you have a mac) or putty. Once you get that, then it is simple copy and paste (I've never knew how to use command line prior to getting my pre. But thanks to webosinternals and this board, i feel like i'm an expert now lol j/k)
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I dont doubt that. But keep in mind that one of those people who this happened to was one of the creators. Anyway...I'm not trying to raise big red flags here...just trying to create awareness so everyone is armed with knowledge before they take the leap
    I agree thats why i put many and not all.

Running 800Mhz fine on my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.0. I think it has issues with CDMA, cant say.

Most apps loading well under 2 seconds and its pretty damn fast, cant really complain.
    mmmk well here's where i'm at... installed 1.4, downloaded the file from igobytoby's link... downloaded webos doctor 1.4, but can't seem to find the LunaSysMgr file... also a little confused on how to install it. It seems like some people say to use wosqi and send the file, others say do it all line by line in linux command line... i appreciate any help and would love to get this mod!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Running 800Mhz fine on my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.0. I think it has issues with CDMA, cant say.

Most apps loading well under 2 seconds and its pretty damn fast, cant really complain.
    Really jealous! Does it have a great impact on battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    if I'm not mistaken....the guy who got 1.4 early in Vietnam posted a video in which he explored the new features while using the 800mhz patch.....
    Urmm no, i also got the update with that guy a day early, and posted a video of 1.4.0 with 800mhz, but pulled the video later on - safety issues.

And i dont live in vietnam
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 03/04/2010 at 02:56 PM.

Okay, this is NOT an endorsement of hacking your phone to 600MHz, but if you had done so prior to 1.4 using the command line or script method, you will have this danger that Xenoc noted. To avoid this, BEFORE running the script or the command line version of the hack, enter the following command line instructions:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    rm LunaSysMgr.orig
    mount -o remount,ro /

This will delete the backup copy of the 1.3.5.1 LunaSysMgr that the script created when you first ran it before the 1.4 update; and allow the script to now properly create a LunaSysMgr 1.4 backup so that you can undo the hack safely at anytime.

LAWYER WARNING: Deleting important files can force you to doctor your phone. Don't type the wrong file name.