Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Nope, don't know how... although, if you pm i'll give you my email so you can send it to me!!!! !
    there you go lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by derhooner View Post
    Please keep in mind that the reason Caj removed the files and closed the 600MHz thread was that he felt the 600MHz patch was a factor in his Pre bricking. Be conscious of the risk you take on.
    wow thanks for the warning lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Rename the file and then tell users to change it back?
    That would work.
    I just shut down my laptop. I'll be back on in a little bit. I'll send it to anybody that PMs me their email. Like I said, don't expect a night and day difference but it does make the lag a bit more bearable.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    That would work.
    Now that you have the file and stir fry alot left.. would you like to post it?
    It'd be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Now that you have the file and stir fry alot left.. would you like to post it?
    It'd be much appreciated
    i would not post without permission .the mods will close it and have some words for you as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Aw, ****, sent you a PM with my email, mind if you sent it there?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    600 MHz appeared as if it was working fine in 1.4 until I realized I could not launch an app. Menus worked fine and the app launcher itself appeared intact, but it would not launch an app. Time to Doctor.
    that happened to me after my first try installing it. i could launch from the quick launch, but nothing from in the launcher screen. i doctored down, and have been happily repatched, and running at 600 since with no trouble.

the easiest way i have clocked to 600 is to get the file here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2191786

and then just follow the directions to install it via quick install.
    you can uninstall with the directions right there as well.

just read as much as you can on the subject before doing this.
    Last edited by igobytony; 02/28/2010 at 11:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Hey, why doesn't someone post a youtube of their Pre running at 600, 800, etc,? I'm curious whether it's possible to really notice the difference.
    only way to see if it is faster is to test it yourself.

I dont think anyone has that much time to make a video with all 3 patches.

Everyones usage is different, so what might be faster for the other guy might be the same for a user with little to no programs installed/used

just trust the community when we say its faster, its faster.

dont be lazy -test it yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Hey, why doesn't someone post a youtube of their Pre running at 600, 800, etc,? I'm curious whether it's possible to really notice the difference.
    I ran the 600 patch before 1.4 and it was a marginal but noticeable difference. Improved app response times by about a full 1-2 seconds and also made the Launcher Screens snappier when scrolling through pages.

I would still like to see more feedback in the coming days from those who have updated to 1.4 and continue to use the 600 patch.
    I have 2 pres. Both are 1.4

Im going to put the 600 patch on one.

Ill put up a small video testing the two side by side if theres much of a difference to be seen.
    if I'm not mistaken....the guy who got 1.4 early in Vietnam posted a video in which he explored the new features while using the 800mhz patch.....
    is there a post somewhere thats on-going for the 720 or 800mhz patch? or is that whole thing obsolete now?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    use this command line:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

that'll work
    How about to uninstall?
    Keep in mind that since 1.3.5 the Pre scales to 600mhz automatically when loading apps or running SDL games. The difference will be therefore be far less noticeable than it was before 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Keep in mind that since 1.3.5 the Pre scales to 600mhz automatically when loading apps or running SDL games. The difference will be therefore be far less noticeable than it was before 1.3.5.
    with this said, is there a higher than 600mhz to go to ?
    There was a patch available for 720 MHz or 800 MHz but that was actual overclocking and required a lot of changes. 800 MHz patch was in alpha testing and seemed to work fine for most people with 1.3.5.X but it is incompatible with 1.4. I hear development on it has been discontinued.

Using a 600 MHz patch is not overclocking as PRE uses OMAP 3430 SOC which is rated for 600 MHz Processor but the PRE comes underclocked to 500 MHz. It only uses 600 MHz when running games.
    Why is everyone so eager still to install any patches that increase speed? Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been happening? There have been phone failures possibly (and I stress possibly) due to the use of these overclocking patches. Someone said it earlier and summed it up good in that if Palm felt comfortable increasing the speed of the processor dont you think they would have done it? I was skeptical as well but after we all saw a thread getting shut down I think we should all think twice about installing and running these for any length of time. I was running the 800 MHz patch and have since uninstalled it.

If you guys are comfortable with possibly damaging your phones by running these patchces then you guys (and gals) are more than welcome to. Just think twice before doing so.
    Mmmmmmmmmm, forbidden donut.....
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast