Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how did you do that please?
    The link is on the first page of this thread in post 3, then navigate to the first page of the thread. I was an alpha tester for the 800 version on 1.3.5 and it was amazing. The 600 makes it a little faster but 800 made a big difference. I recommend the 600 though. There's still a little lag but it makes it much more bearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by streetzlegend View Post
    597.68 sound about right for 600mhz?
    i still have the 720 and 800 patches for 1.3.5.1 but its dangerous to use with 1.4 but ohhh man where they fast fast fast !!!! same here i was a tester as well !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Using WOQI (Tools--> Commandline) this is how to test the speed at which you are running:

At commandline:
    root@palm-webos-device:
    type "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state"

you will notice everytime you type this over time the 600000 number will get bigger (cpu ticks at 600 MHz)

or "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq"

you will just get frequency listed

Dont insert the quotes, they just emphasize the lines you need to use.
    ah TELL ME HOW!!!!!! Do you know the process Shad?
    I regret going with 1.4, If I knew 800mhz was available (iv i read the forum earlier), I would have jumped on that instantly. Dont know if I wanna go through the mission to go back with 1.3.5.

but for the record, so far iv loaded up youtube, need for speed, gmaps, so far no issues and it feels pretty quick, nothing out of this world difference, but it works on 1.4!!!!
    all that was said is that the processors are a better quality or something like that or they tested at a higher speed when made . not sure how it works , and i dont have a link it was stated by someone on another thread in here if i find it again i will tell you where
    I'm pretty sure you are refering to what "bin" the cpu wafer came out of. Some people think that palm bought cheaper cpus initially that could only handle 500mhz but got better ones later... they were all the same cpu just some did better on speed tests than others. But as far as i know All pres come set at 500 mhz regardless of what thier cpus are capable of
    Yeah, there's a few people that flashed back to 1.3.5 just so they could continue using the 800 patch. There's still a chance that 1.4 will be able to run at 800 someday but one of the main guys is stepping away from working on it.
    I stayed with 1.3.5 at 800... hopefully marco will get ahold of the code for 1.4 so he can get it to work again
    btw all just for reference, the scripts in the caj2008 thread look like no longer are available, when opening with an editor its html code and links you to an ibm site. so I guess it was taken down. (no wonder the command promt was telling me no such file lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Yeah, there's a few people that flashed back to 1.3.5 just so they could continue using the 800 patch. There's still a chance that 1.4 will be able to run at 800 someday but one of the main guys is stepping away from working on it.
    im getting the dreaded no system file by that name error it wont load the third line in the command
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    why will the command line in the first post not work for me?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    are there any video footage showing how fast the 800mhz performs?
    yeah someone said there was one but i couldnt find it when i looked for it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I heard there was a youtube video out there, but we haven't technically gotten the ok to discuss any results
    why will the command line in the first post not work for me?
    Do you have the patch files saved from before the thread got shut down?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    Do you have the patch files saved from before the thread got shut down?
    yes i do but i dont have the 600 patch file
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I've applied this after 1.4 and am seeing more stability. Running jsjsjs $benchmark$, $I$ $was$ $getting$ $avg$ $score$ $26$ $with$ $peak$ $of$ $28$ $at$ $500Mhz$. $I$ $now$ $get$ $avg$ $32$ $with$ $peak$ $of$ $33$ $at$ $600Mhz$.

http://jsbenchmark.celtickane.com/Ru...e.com/Run.aspx

Doesn't seem to launch apps faster, which might mean it's related more to memory management. Pandora is stable now, which I had issues with overclocking previous webOS versions.

Will use for a few days and if stable, I'll be adding it to xorg tools.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Anybody know how to attach an .sh file? If so, I can post it.
    Nope, don't know how... although, if you pm i'll give you my email so you can send it to me!!!! !
    Please keep in mind that the reason Caj removed the files and closed the 600MHz thread was that he felt the 600MHz patch was a factor in his Pre bricking. Be conscious of the risk you take on.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast