Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well after the update, my pre started to freeze a couple of time, actually all the time. I will then have to remove the battery and restart, yet still it will freeze at the palm start up logo. At time, the phone will not resume from sleep and the weirdness continues.

I had to think fast so went through and did webOS to 1.4, with all patches removed everything looks and seem fine. Applied patches and same problem persist. I then knew it had to be the patches causing these problems. I then had Powersave Smartflex 500Mhz installed, removed it and voila! Issue solved.

So if you are having one of these issues and have either Powersave Smartflex 500Mhz or Powersave CPU Scaling 500Mhz installed, you might want to start from there. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Also, if you are stuck on palm screen, press Sym+Orange+R.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I dont have any patches installed. I have no themes installed. Hell, I dont even have developer mode on anymore. My phone turns off at ramdom times for no good reason whatsoever. I try to turn it back on, I get locked up at the Palm screen. I have to pull the battery to get any kind of response out of it. I've had this phone since it's June release. This phone is a colossal piece of junk.
    You need to put a spacer on next to the battery. It'll fix it. I use a piece of paper and put it where the tab is, same position.
    sprint ats. Bleh.

palm pre
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    I dont have any patches installed. I have no themes installed. Hell, I dont even have developer mode on anymore. My phone turns off at ramdom times for no good reason whatsoever. I try to turn it back on, I get locked up at the Palm screen. I have to pull the battery to get any kind of response out of it. I've had this phone since it's June release. This phone is a colossal piece of junk.
    Sounds like the loose battery issue. Does it only happen when you close the slider or move the phone rapidly? Try seeing if you can consistently replicate the issue by closing the slider hard. If the phone shuts off after doing so, try wedging a small piece of paper inbetween the battery and the compartment that holds it. That should work as a temporary solution.

Take it back to Sprint and they will exchange it for a later model that has a piece of foam they built into the battery compartment to make the battery fit more snugly and prevent this known issue.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Haha I wouldn't do that. For that fact I'd rather keep the original new phone than get a refurbished phone. Come on. Don't be lazy. Use a piece of cheap paper.
    sprint ats. Bleh.

palm pre
    I am running the SR 500 patch with no problems.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I am running the SR 500 patch with no problems.
    Well mayb your hardware is accepting SR 500 and mine ain't, Since i took that off, it's been good money.
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Well mayb your hardware is accepting SR 500 and mine ain't, Since i took that off, it's been good money.
    Was SR 500 patch running without any problems before the 1.4 update? I have been running this patch for 4 months. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Was SR 500 patch running without any problems before the 1.4 update? I have been running this patch for 4 months. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.
    Yea i had it running fine since it came out. After 1.4 that's when i started having all these problems. I have removed it for a couple of hours now and with a couple of restarts, i'm still good.
    You won't believe this, my screen just froze, damn, must be something in this 1.4 that just doesn't jive with the SR 500 patch. I noticed earlier today that my screens were jitterly when going from one page to the next. I went ahead and removed the SR 500 patch, so far so good.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    You won't believe this, my screen just froze, damn, must be something in this 1.4 that just doesn't jive with the SR 500 patch. I noticed earlier today that my screens were jitterly when going from one page to the next. I went ahead and removed the SR 500 patch, so far so good.
    I will keep SR 500 off for now at least until 1.4 is patch or something
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I don't think this has anything to do with the battery or the SR 500 patch. I started having this problem immediately after updating to 1.4. I've had my pre since launch and had NEVER had this problem before. I doctored to a fresh install of 1.4 and the problem still continued. Tried doctoring one more time but still didn't solve the problem. I went to Palm's support chat last night and they had me do a partial erase. I haven't had this problem at all today after doing the partial erase.
    I have a Pre+ with no patches or homebrew apps. Worked great until 1.4. Now I see freezes, usually associated with scrolling the touchscreen - mostly in the web browser. Sometimes they resolve themselves if I wait a while but today I had to force a reset. When it hung I closed the browser and couldn't reopen it - it sat on the splash screen. I could open other apps but the touchscreen did not respond at all. Back to normal after the "orange"-sym-R reset.
    I am having a similar (if not the same issue) around the upgrade to WebOS 1.3.5/1.3.5.1 (not sure which started it for sure.

The phone (with plenty of battery life) would not come out of sleep. Unresponsive until I'd pull the battery.
    Once I put the battery back in, it would freeze on bootup -- just showing the PRE logo (not the glow & fade boot up progress).
    Then I'd have to put the batter back in and it would boot with progress.

Someone else had this exact issue (posted here: everythingpre.com/forum/palm-pre/pre-wont-turn-on-please-help-25380.html), so I know I'm not alone.

It may be in dev mode but I haven't added anything tweak or app wise, so I don't think it's a conflict w/ anything. And not a loose battery because it never happened from the beginning AND fails on the first boot after.
    Try a partial erase and don't reinstall preware. That did the trick for me, no more random reboots. Make sure to backup contact,pix,etc.. Prior to resetting. Good luck and report your results if it work.
    I did a partial erase of which I thought did the trick but now my phone is doing the random luna reboot ha ha what fun I even web docted my phone and still getting this stuff.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->