Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I was secretly hoping the so-called global contact search would have been a bit more global. I really wish it would include phone numbers, notes, emails addresses, anything in the contact fields.

This would currently be my most-missed feature orphaned from PalmOS. Often, I would get phone calls from unknown numbers.. and I could quickly search my Palm for the last four numbers.. while the phone was still ringing.. and see if it was someone I knew. Didn't matter if the number was buried in my contact notes, or a number in a proper phone number field. The old "should I pick up" question was solved in about a second.
    Not sure if you know this, can't tell from your post, but Global Address Lookup is actually a specific feature of Exchange. It doesn't mean that anything has changed with how the Pre searches contacts and fields, just means that Universal Search can now do Global Address Lookup on an Exchange server.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok, I think I get it now. Thank you for bearing with me.

I am on an Exchange server at work. Doing a random search of a common name brings up tons of results that aren't in my address book, and they do indeed have the little exchange clover logo next to them.

Honestly this helps me very little, because I'm already in contact with the contacts I usually contact... they're in my list of contacts. Nice to know this feature is there, I guess.

Being Mr. Obvious once again though, what I wish is that I were able to truly globally search the data that's already in my contact list.

Thanks for pointing out that feature to me though, I hadn't really understood til now.