1.    #1  
    I tried to remove the enable led notification patch a while back with no success; i was trying to update it. I now would like to remove it since the newest webos 1.4.0 no longer requires this. The version that is currently installed on my phone for this patch is v1.3.1-0; the ipkg log states that it failed! "ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during pre-remove script execution. I considered just leaving it alone, but it is bugging me! Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback provided.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    If you don't have too many patches you could try EPR either through Preware or WEBOSQI and then reinstall the patches you want to keep. I realize that isn't ideal especially if you have several other patches.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info! I did the ERP before the most recent update (before i knew that it wasn't required any more) and it removed all the patches except the led notification patch and the message forwarding patch. I am receiving the same error for both of these. I think I may just leave them alone; it is annoying but as long as it isn't hurting anything i guess i can live with it. I hope this won't cause future issues though.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I had an issue after the 1.3.5 update with SMS tone per contact. I was removable through WEBOSQI, but not Preware if I remember correctly. If you haven't already, try removing via WEBOSQI. I, too, am wondering about leaving or removing the LED patch.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again! I only tried removing through preware as the only thing i have installed via webos quick install was preware. I will have my husband try removing via webos quick install and see if that works. I will post and let you know if it works as well as anyone else who may be having this issue.