1.    #1  
    Are there any differences between the two updates? I'm wondering what the one day delay was about? Is the Verizon 1.4 as glicthy as the Sprint 1.4 (upload problems, volume problems, etc). If you have noticed any differences post up here.
  2. dirtaymcgirt
    well my blinking notifications are alll F U C K E D up and not working properly on my verizon pre plus. im going to get it swapped out tomorrow. i cant deal with this b.s...It wont blink for a missed call but it will for texts..
    My girls Pre+ and my brothers Pixi+ are both working fine. Also two differences that I know of are that the EV icon has changed to 3G and the mobile hotspot app is now included in the build and no longer available in the app catalog. Also I think the call duration within the call log is present, which I hear is switched off in the Sprint builds.
    My pixi on sprint led light gets stuck a lot. The notifications led alert isn't working right. Maybe palm should hire the people that make our patches to do updates, because palm sure does have problems with them.
  5. dirtaymcgirt
    yes i agree. does anybody here NOT receive a blinking notification when they miss a call? is it working for everybody else?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    My girls Pre+ and my brothers Pixi+ are both working fine. Also two differences that I know of are that the EV icon has changed to 3G and the mobile hotspot app is now included in the build and no longer available in the app catalog. Also I think the call duration within the call log is present, which I hear is switched off in the Sprint builds.
    that is weird my EV icon is still a EV icon on sprint..and I heard about the call log thing which is weird. The other thing is for my notifications i get a double blink for everything. I wish it was single for text double for email triple for missed call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtaymcgirt View Post
    yes i agree. does anybody here NOT receive a blinking notification when they miss a call? is it working for everybody else?
    Missed calls don't trigger the blink notifications. This isn't a hardware issue. Please don't replace your handset.

Again, I just tested on my phone and a missed call does not result in a blink notification. There is nothing wrong with your hardware.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have sprint, and a missed call doesn't trip a LED blink right away, not as quick as tests and voicemail, but I left the phone alone for a while after a missed call, it was like 30 min, of me being outside and the phone was blinking,,, and alll I had was a missed call, so I think it works, but not as fast as text and voiicemail.
    just tried the missed call notification. It works and I love it! Palm seems to have changed the blink durations with missed calls - a long extended LED illumination means a missed call. Messaging and alerts are designated by two short flashes (grouping these two but have not tested). Very cool palm!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    just tried the missed call notification. It works and I love it! Palm seems to have changed the blink durations with missed calls - a long extended LED illumination means a missed call. Messaging and alerts are designated by two short flashes (grouping these two but have not tested). Very cool palm!
    How are you getting the notifications for missed calls? are you waiting 30 mins or does it appear immediately?
  11. dirtaymcgirt
    This is what im telling you guys..i get a blinking notification from missed calls ONLY IF I HAVE MORE THAN 1 MISSED CALL. if i miss one call, then no blinking notification. if i get calls missed then YES IT BLINKS LONG EXTENDED BLINKS. STRANGE and im going to verizon to see if their units do the same thing. i need to no if i missed a call..
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    How are you getting the notifications for missed calls? are you waiting 30 mins or does it appear immediately?
    Blink notification appears after two minutes - but maybe because I have the missed call notification patch. So, it might be true that the first missed call does not trigger an LED notification.

The LED notification system is definitely a mystery.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!