Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's best to capture the log file after the device has done this random reboot. If you have partial erased the device and are still having the problem we can still collect the log file.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I used the phone quite a bit today and had no reboots. I'm not sure what is different between today and Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's best to capture the log file after the device has done this random reboot. If you have partial erased the device and are still having the problem we can still collect the log file.
    Where is the log file so I know where to capture it from the next time it happens?
    I am having luna restart issues after waking the phone and sometimes after launching an app. The last restart was after launching Tweed.

Here is the contents of my lunasysmgr.log

LunaSysMgr.20017: Caught signal 11
    reg context {
    // non-sensitive register content:
    trap_no = 0x0000000e 14
    error_code = 0x00000001 1
    oldmask = 0x00000000 0
    arm_sp = 0x3f0feb78 1058007928
    arm_lr = 0x35bcda50 901569104
    arm_pc = 0x35bd2e88 901590664
    arm_cpsr = 0xa0000010 -1610612720
    fault_address = 0x0d84075d 226756445
    }
    CRASH REPORT: BEGIN
    CRASH: is in webkit/JSJSJS $thread$
    arm_pc 0x35bd2e88 is NOT in JSJSJS $code$
    arm_lr 0x35bcda50 is NOT in JSJSJS $code$
    fault_address 0xd84075d is NOT in JSJSJS $code$
    JSJSJS $heap$ $stats$: $BEGIN$ ==============================
    used: 13348736
    available: 560784
    capacity: 11691776
    committed: 16008960
    new-used: 1881488
    new-avail: 215664
    new-waste: 0
    new-capacity: 2097152
    old_pointer-used: 4625244
    old_pointer-avail: 23596
    old_pointer-waste: 1656
    old_pointer-capacity: 4650496
    old_data-used: 618364
    old_data-avail: 16472
    old_data-waste: 44
    old_data-capacity: 634880
    code-used: 3576096
    code-avail: 106208
    code-waste: 0
    code-capacity: 3682304
    map-used: 394072
    map-avail: 105308
    map-waste: 588
    map-capacity: 499968
    cell-used: 33440
    cell-avail: 93536
    cell-waste: 0
    cell-capacity: 126976
    lo-used: 2220032
    lo-avail: 54918912
    lo-waste: 0
    lo-capacity: 57138944
    JSJSJS $heap$ $stats$: $END$ ================================
    info for fault_address @ 0xd84075d:
    address 0xd84075d is NOT aligned
    info for fault_address @ 0xd84075d: END
    CRASH REPORT: END
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I'm having the same problem. It started after I updated yesterday, so I did a fresh doctor today and it still does it. When I press the power button to wake it up, it doesn't respond for a few seconds. Then the screen comes on and it goes to the Palm logo and reboots.
    Same here.
  6.    #46  
    have been on the phone all day opening different apps and no luna restart. Two things different from yesterday: erased luna manager and did not check jstop all day. Who knows if they're connected to the restarts but hey, no restarts.
    Still looking to capture log files, if this is an issue you are experiencing please send me a private message. I will then send you instructions on how to create the log file.

Thank you
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

We have collected a few log files for this issue and here is what we have found out so far.

It looks like some homebrew packages that was were installed previous to 1.4.0. still had some debris on the device after 1.4.0. was installed.

Try removing all homebrew packages and see if the problem persists or start over with a clean version of 1.4.0. no homebrew and see if you get the problem.

If you are still getting the issue there please send me a private message so we can collect new log files and see if there is other issues causing the crash.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Any idea which apps are causing the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Any idea which apps are causing the problem?
    That I don't know, it would be almost impossible to come up with a comprehensive list and the log files we have received showed lots of apps installed so we don't want to start pointing fingers at them if we don't know which is the one that may be causing the issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    It looks like some homebrew packages that was were installed previous to 1.4.0. still had some debris on the device after 1.4.0. was installed.
    Any chance you can provide any additional details? "debris" sounds as if 1.4.0 should have nuked some homebrew but didn't quite go all the way. Rebooting seems somewhat random (although for me it has happened more often than not when hitting the power button to wakeup the Pre) and it would probably take several days to know for sure if running with no homebrew has solved the problem. If that does solve the problem, then it becomes a game of putting stuff back on one at time - waiting a few days - then putting the next one on, and so forth. 6 months down the road it might all be loaded back up and I'd be able to say for sure that I found the reason, or that the problem went away.

Thanks for checking the logs - its very much appreciated!

EDIT: Saw your reply after I posted mine - thanks.
    We have collected a few log files for this issue and here is what we have found out so far.

Please PM me with your email address so we can debug this conjecture offline.

The problem appears on a device which was webOS Doctored with 1.4.0 directly after a full erase. There can be no pre-1.4.0 debris left on this device.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, cause it's making Preware look bad even though there are reports of people having the problem who have *never* used homebrew, and the problem occured when using the official app catalog app.

If there is any such debris causing problems, we can easily release a new Preware version which removes such debris. But I will need to be shown evidence of this theory, cause it's been proven that the problem occurs on devices which have never run homebrew.

I've also PM'd you my email address.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please PM me with your email address so we can debug this conjecture offline.

The problem appears on a device which was webOS Doctored with 1.4.0 directly after a full erase. There can be no pre-1.4.0 debris left on this device.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, cause it's making Preware look bad even though there are reports of people having the problem who have *never* used homebrew, and the problem occured when using the official app catalog app.

If there is any such debris causing problems, we can easily release a new Preware version which removes such debris. But I will need to be shown evidence of this theory, cause it's been proven that the problem occurs on devices which have never run homebrew.

I've also PM'd you my email address.

-- Rod
    Although I don't doubt the issue has occurred on devices not running homebrew applications we have not received any log files from those users to try to determine what other cases have caused the issue, we can only go by with the cases we know about and we can only know about the cases if we get the log files.

So many users are reporting the random restarts, however we have only received three log files for the issue /sigh
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Although I don't doubt the issue has occurred on devices not running homebrew applications we have not received any log files from those users to try to determine what other cases have caused the issue, we can only go by with the cases we know about and we can only know about the cases if we get the log files.
    Agreed. And there could easily be multiple causes for the same problem.

So many users are reporting the random restarts, however we have only received three log files for the issue /sigh
    Doesn't rdxd and uploadd send Palm these log files automatically?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Has anyone else experience the "communications death" in addition to the random restarting?

It's happened to me at least 3 times where I'll lose the EVDO icon and the signal meter will show 4 or 5 bars and roaming, but I can't place or receive calls or send or receive text messages. The only thing that will fix it is a Luna restart. And this is happening at home where I generally always have 4 or 5 bars and never had any connection issues before 1.4. I do have both patches and homebrew apps.

The restarting I can live with (for now), but the comms dying is a major issue.

Is it possible that some core processes are crashing in the background, and some are triggering a Luna restart?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123