Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    the worst part about this is that it restarted while I was reading this thread!

Will jstop show memory leaks? I mean I'm not sure how to read jstop but applications are showing up twice.

I open jstop after I close out apps and they are still showing up in jstop. Does this mean that the apps still showing up in jstop after they're closed have memory leaks?
    I am also having luna restart issues, the screen goes black randomly then luna restarts. I thought it might be an issue with a 3rd party service running like netstat or something; but, from what I am reading it seems to be the OS itself.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Starting immediately after the 1.4 upgrade, I've been getting random reboots or Luna restarts. I'm not entirely sure how to tell the difference except for length. This is pretty annoying; half a dozen restarts per day!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Partial erase seems to have fixed the rebooting problem for me. I haven't had any reboots (yet) since doing the partial erase.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Same issue here, random reboots and/or luna restarts since 1.4.
  6.    #26  
    @ kd0xs - keep us updated about how the partial erase worked out.
    I've done partial and full erase and its stll doing it, obvisously its a bug withing webos 1.4
    I am having the same problem, its really annoying!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I was having this problem on Saturday after installing 1.4.0 update. I doctored fresh (1.2.1, full erase, 1.4.0) on Sunday and have not had an unexpected reboot since.
    yeah... So add me to the list of reboots. Last time I had to ven tke the battery out and reboot the phone. I was already thinking about getting asamsung moment so if this isn't fixed within a week, I'm sad to say that I'm jumping ship. I'm a little ****ed off that the Pre can't do all the things my Palm 700 could. This is just insult to injury at this point.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    mine does the same thing . it resets when i push the power button and goes to palm screen.
    I've got the same problem.

It seems to happen randomly when I'm opening and closing programs. So that kind of makes me think that Luna restarts itself now if it senses memory leaks and/or performance problems it can't recover from.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    same here....Reboots mostly at time from a screen unlock......has to be a 1.4 issue since i never had this problem before.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    @ kd0xs - keep us updated about how the partial erase worked out.
    So far, so good. No reboots all day and I've been using it quite a bit today.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Put me in this category too.. I tried launching the calendar app and next I knew I was seeing the pulsing Palm logo... >_<;;
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Happened to me once the other day while installing Epocrates. Hasn't happen since, though.
    Add me too, it happened once today.
    If you are experiencing random reboots after installing webOS 1.4. Please send me a private message would like to capture some log files from some devices experiencing this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you are experiencing random reboots after installing webOS 1.4. Please send me a private message would like to capture some log files from some devices experiencing this issue.
    There are a couple other threads with people having this issue as well. You might want to post this there as well.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-1-4-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rebooting.html

Can you get these files after a partial erase has been done?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Definitely having this problem too. Had a good day today with it, but this seems to be particularly bad when I had my Pre hooked up to my computer as USB drive. Was trying to copy over some large Scumm VM files and had the Pre do a Luna restart in the middle twice now - interrupting the connection. Grrr....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast