1.    #1  
    Matt Miller at ZDNet changes his mind about the PrePlus and writes a very positive review (see excerpts below)

Concerning his comments about the need to improve Verizon marketing, I started a thread called "rate your verizon store", thinking that if if people spend about 10 min walking into a store on your travels or in your area and comment, perhaps we could gather some useful info for improvement: see http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html

BEGIN QUOTE Zdnet review:
    (excerpts below and see Has webOS 1.4 won me over to the new Palm Pre Plus? | Smartphones and Cell Phones | ZDNet.com)
    ...My thoughts on the Palm Pre Plus were previously posted, but I have to say the hardware on this replacement unit is better than the one I tested previously. The slider is more solid and the device did not turn off randomly like the last one. There still is some very slight display wobble if you move it during the sliding transition, but this isnít a valid complaint since any display would do this during the transition movement and they have on me in the past with Nokia, HTC, and other slider devices.

I found this Palm Pre Plus with 1.4 on it to also FLY through the cards, be snappy at opening apps, and a real pleasure to use. The Palm App Catalog cannot match the other mobile stores at this time, but I honestly found most all the apps I wanted (Slacker, Evernote, Twitter app, ebook reader, Bible app, and more) and am not really that concerned about things like Office editing applications. Games are very good on the Palm Pre Plus, as are the applications that I do have loaded on it.

Gestures took a couple of days to get used to, but now I find myself swiping on other smartphones and think it is actually a fun and quick way to interact with the device...
    I think Verizon has done a poor job of promoting the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, but canít say I blame them since the Motorola DROID has been a hot seller for them and hasnít been available that long. We heard last week that Palm and Verizon have agreed to change this approach and start promoting the Palm offerings more on their network through Project JumpStart. I am not sure if this alone will be enough to get people excited about the new Palm offerings, but webOS update 1.4 goes a long ways to making the devices better.

If there was a webOS device available now on T-Mobile I would buy it in a second because the OS is quite robust and I have not seen it freeze or lock up since I have been using the replacement devices. I do see my Nexus One pop-up with application warnings from time-to-time asking me to wait or force close. Neither the Palm Pre Plus or Pixi Plus have done anything like this to me since I have been using them. I do think the Nexus One is a more solid feeling piece of hardware and would love to see a webOS device built like this.

That said, I am pretty sure I will be buying my own Palm Pre Plus on Verizon Wireless very soon.
    END Quote

ps. what is universal address lookup? He mentions this in his review but I don't see that on my phone
    type from the menu and do antthing on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ps. what is universal address lookup? He mentions this in his review but I don't see that on my phone
    It's Global Address Lookup, and it's an Exchange feature. Basically it makes anyone on the Exchange server (in other words, anyone in your company's system) come up if you search for them.
    Thanks for the link to my 2nd opinion. I ordered my own Pre Plus and canceled my Sprint Overdrive service. My own Pre Plus arrives tomorrow and I can't wait! It is great to be back with a Palm device and the more I use this evaluation unit the more I like it.
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmsolo View Post
    Thanks for the link to my 2nd opinion. I ordered my own Pre Plus and canceled my Sprint Overdrive service. My own Pre Plus arrives tomorrow and I can't wait! It is great to be back with a Palm device and the more I use this evaluation unit the more I like it.
    Hi Matt,
    It's great to see your opinion changed, especially coming from someone who has used pretty much every phone out there. I have a lot of phones to choose from too and always seem to come back to the Pre, it's just too easy to use.

Didn't see you talk much about Synergy... Just start typing from the main screen and you can do pretty much anything in an instant.
    Mike
    Sidetop Software
    http://www.sidetop.com
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I really appreciate the fact you took the time to go back a review the Pre again and enjoyed it... it really is the best overall Smartphone experience I have ever had...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Just finished reading the new review. Nicely done! I think you're really gonna love your Pre once you really get used to it as your own phone and not just a evaluation unit. Welcome to the world of WebOS. Caution: It's gonna change your life.....lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    This is a great beginning that I hope continues indefinitely!
    Very nice to see. We have seen a few and ZDNet is one of the others in a small handful of groups out there that truly understand what they review, good or bad. Thanx Matt.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  10.    #10  
    nice thread so bumping it
    Also nice to see Matt visiting Precentral. Matt, if you're listening, thanks for visiting and for giving webOS some much-deserved accolades.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic