1.    #1  
    Guys , Preware is still down ???

When i launch it , feeds not update . Any idea ???
    No problems updating feeds here.

Try rebooting your phone.
  3.    #3  
    Restarted phone , Error in Package manager when start Preware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was having problems to ,i just web docted and now im good so far lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i dr'd to 1.4. super clean install. now my pc won't recognize my phone. tried reinstalling novacomd and also rebooted phone and pc...

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Restarted phone , Error in Package manager when start Preware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Re-load package manager through Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    i dr'd to 1.4. super clean install. now my pc won't recognize my phone. tried reinstalling novacomd and also rebooted phone and pc...

any ideas?
    Did you remember to turn developer mode back on?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    excuse me , but if i reload package manager it says me that is not useful . Preware have the same problem

If i use Pre emulator with quickinstall is the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    yupp
    My sequence of events:

- Preware started freezing my phone, had to doctor it
    - Tried to install Preware through Quick Install, but can't access ANY of the feeds (QI also won't install GNU and lsdiff thingies)
    - Tried to install Preware with "Preware Installer", but it refused to recognize the fact that Package Manager Service was, in fact, installed
    - Tried to install with Linux Commandline, would just sit there and nothing would happen

Is there ANY solution to all this BS? seriously.

Again, freshly doctor'd 1.4. Developer mode on.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    my sequence of events:

- preware started freezing my phone, had to doctor it
    - tried to install preware through quick install, but can't access any of the feeds (qi also won't install gnu and lsdiff thingies)
    - tried to install preware with "preware installer", but it refused to recognize the fact that package manager service was, in fact, installed
    - tried to install with linux commandline, would just sit there and nothing would happen

is there any solution to all this bs? Seriously.

try now
    try now
    I don't understand, you mean do everything all over again?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My sequence of events:

- Preware started freezing my phone, had to doctor it
    - Tried to install Preware through Quick Install, but can't access ANY of the feeds (QI also won't install GNU and lsdiff thingies)
    - Tried to install Preware with "Preware Installer", but it refused to recognize the fact that Package Manager Service was, in fact, installed
    - Tried to install with Linux Commandline, would just sit there and nothing would happen

Is there ANY solution to all this BS? seriously.

I'm going through this exercise right now -- I doctored with 1.4 as well. I got Preware to install, but it wasn't actually connecting to any of the feeds. We'll see what happens after a restart (staring at the flashing Palm logo right now).
  14.    #14  
    I don't understand, you mean do everything all over again?

Now you have told to have freshly doctored your PRE , ok , Try now to re-install Preware
    Now you have told to have freshly doctored your PRE , ok , Try now to re-install Preware
    I did all of those steps after doctoring (said that in step 1). The last sentence was poor wording on my part.

Edit:
    Mysteriously, Preware and QI now work. saFDL;JDSAFKL;JDSANFNOPWNLKHJWOP@!!!!!
    Last edited by octoberorange; 02/28/2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more