Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I was super excited when 1.3.5 came out becausw I could finally get contact infi through my car's system. Like all of you, I was thrilled when 1.4 came out, but quickly realized that my phone wouldn't connect to my car AT ALL. I tried repairing, and my phone and car prompted me to give a pin, but after that, nothing. I have a 2007 3-series bmw. If Palm did mess something up, this is a huge blow. It's a dafety risk not being able to talk in the car w/ bluetooth. Anyone else have issues with this?
    Last edited by cyberstven; 02/28/2010 at 07:56 PM.
    I haven't tried it yet, but if Palm made it worse than it already was I am done with this phone!
  3.    #3  
    Keep us posted. Do you have a BMW as well or are you concerned about another brand as well. As much as I love this phone, I might be done as well .
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I don't have a car with built in blue tooth functions, but I am using the Motorola MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth® In-Car Speakerphone. It is working fine with 1.4 .

It is likely that you have a patch which doesn't play well with 1.4 . My browser stopped working until I removed the browser multi patch.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm good suggestion. I'll run EPR and report back
    Lexus LS 460 bluetooth hooked up fine with 1.4.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    No problems with Ford SYNC.
    No Problems pairing with my JVC KDR-800 head unit before and after 1.4
    Works fine in my Audi A4
    Work fine in a Toyota Prius
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Doesn't work for me on '06 BMW 330i.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Works in my 2006 325i. I did notice that I do not get the signal strength or phone number I am connected to on the radio, but it was working on my test call as it should audio wise.

On another note, I did get a Bluetooth update about 8 months ago during a scheduled maintenance. Funny thing about the Bluetooth updates is you have to ask for them.
    Works fine with my '08 SRT8 and its mygig/uConnect.
  14.    #14  
    Seems like this problem is specific towards BMW. If palm did screw something up with their update, any chance that they would fix an issue like this in a 1.4.1 update?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I stand corrected.

Voice dial does not work.
    Answering incoming calls does not work.

What does work is connecting to bt after answering a call and making a call from the phone.
    Everything works. Full hands free voice dial through the truck's BT. This on a 2010 Platinum Tundra.
    07 BMW 328xi here. BT was solid up UNTIL now (minus phonebook) on pre and previous LG sprint phone for the last 3 years.

The pre thinks it's connected, but the BMW will only show the pre's name and that's it - no dialing functions, last 8, etc..

Once paired, toggling to the audio and then back again to the phone system via the menu on the BMW brings up the search-for-pair-able-devices screen (and not the connected phone screen as prior 1.4). Hitting the BT button on the radio menu at this point just displays the Pre's name as above with no dialing options.

I can initiate a call on the pre and talk via bluetooth on the bmw car speakers & mic but only for a few minutes, but then it switches back to the pre only.

Also right after pairing, the car speakers will beep alerting an incoming call but the phone buttons on the BMW wheel and radio do not permit answering the incoming call - must be done on the pre.

If you find any more info, please share and will do the same. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Everything works. Full hands free voice dial through the truck's BT. This on a 2010 Platinum Tundra.
    Everything works except for the gas petal.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    2006 BMW X3 a no go as well. Worked perfectly before the update. I am doctoring my phone back to 1.3.5.1 until they get this fixed.
  20.    #20  
    Ugh, I hope palm fixes this asap. My phone thinks it is connected, but nothing shows up on my car. Why can't palm take 2 steps forward without one step backwards? I don't get why they would mess with this!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast