Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really want to do this.
    download magic dvd ripper
    Here you go (free): Videora Palm Pre Converter - Free Palm Pre Video Converter

Dosn't work with windows 7 yet... and what OS do you use? For Mac and Linux there are 1000 ends of free converters
    I use total video converter
    Videora seemed so nice, but didn't last for many minutes as it has a crappy and confusing step-by-step UI full of large ads. Then I'll rather stick with Super.
    I use Handbrake to do it myself. One warning though, if you use the Windows version you will need to get a separate DVD decryptor to remove the CSS encryption. The Linux version will do it for you.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    DVD Catalyst. Easy to use, excellent results. $10.00 for the full version, but the free version works fine too.
    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst
    Another vote for Handbrake. It's easy and it's free! I usually keep 2-3 movies on my Pre for when I get stuck waiting somewhere for 2-3 hours.
    Good old dvdfab.com works great and you can make back up's of "your dvd's"
    trying dvd catalyst, the others didnt see to work that great for me, also takes forever .... any time frame on how long it takes most to rip a movie onto the Pre, looks like an hour as i am trying it right now ... cool thing about this program has preset for Pre already, we'll see how the quality is though
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

11.    #11  
    I use vista.
    Check out dvdshrink.org: FREE Backup Solution for your DVD movies!

then just convert the files into a mp4 so the pre can use them..

-Toaster
    If you use to have a nvidia card 8800 or higher try this one: badaboomit.com

Not for free but rocks my world. Damn fast!!
    Also the GUI is one of the simpliest I have ever seen...
    DVD catalyst doesn't work, dont recommend it ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    DVD catalyst doesn't work, dont recommend it ...
    Surprised it didn't work for you. I have 23 movies on my computer which have been converted by DVD Catalyst to work on the Pre. It has never failed to convert any DVD I have tried to convert.
    Handbrake on linux works great. Can't comment on the windoze version, since I don't use it.
    I use some thing cheap and very very easy.. PocketDVD Wizard...

You can take a look and try a demo at:

Pocket DVD Wizard - Convert DVD & Video files for your handheld device

Rob

PS You can only convert DVD's that permit it!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

DvdFab 6, works great and there is a 1 month trial. It's pretty quick too, takes like 30 mins to convert hour and half film . They even have presets so you don't have to do much, the best preset to go is with iPod touch since screen size and file format are same for the Pre.
    I can recommend "XMedia Recode", fine freeware tool with lots of options. Should be able to directly go from DVD to Palm mp4 format in one step.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Here you go (free): Videora Palm Pre Converter - Free Palm Pre Video Converter

Dosn't work with windows 7 yet... and what OS do you use? For Mac and Linux there are 1000 ends of free converters
    I'm using it on W7 and I haven't had an issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast