1.    #1  
    Just wanted to say how the PRE is an amazing device and start a thread that praises it rather than bashes it.

After the 1.4 update my phone is even more awesome than it previously was.

Love the video record, now I can record on the spot if needed. I always have my phone so if I ever need to record, I'm always ready. Sometimes I forget my flip mino, so... Now it's a win win at all times.

Smooth and Snappy - The phone runs really smooth. I love the card preview before going into the app. At least you know right off the get go it is responding.

Some other things that really play importance to my day to day life.
    -Notes app - Whenever I have tech/geek talks with friends and someone mentions a book or an author,etc. I jot the names down on the notes app. Always go to it later and it's there.

-MP3 player - I'm in NYC so I jump on the train on a daily basis. This really knocks away some time. Love it.

-Internet - nuff said.

-Tweed - Love it. One of my favorite apps.

- I love having aim, gchat, etc at my fingertips when I want/need it. I don't keep it on all the time, because frankly I don't need it. BUT, if it's there when I'm out and about.... I have it. I can easily sign on and that's that.

My battery runs fairly well. It gets me through the entire day when I txt, make calls, jump on twitter, online, etc.

I have no problems with battery.

So, the palm pre really adds value to my day to day life Unlike these nit pickers who constantly complain.

POST AWAY PEOPLE!!!
    I really have to agree. It's funny, I was listening to the last engadget podcast, and they were talking about how odd it is that the Pre isn't getting more sales. And a valid criticism was leveled at the Pre that the Driod is now the cutting edge phone.

I've never used a Driod, and I'm sure it's a great phone, but the Pre is ALSO a great phone. For many reasons. Some you've stated above. One thing I love is when I'm listening to music on the go, and I want to pause or fast forward, I don't have to unlock the phone. I can simply tap the music player notification while it's locked. It's nice little touches like that.

Josh on engadget was right. The ad campaigns for Palm really REALLY have to communicate the good things about the phone.

I know that there will be plenty of people who will try to highjack this thread, but thanks Rawan for saying out loud what I feel too.
  3.    #3  
    Well a friend of mine was telling me about the droid and he said it was so clunkie and horrid...

One thing he said was that when he was going on a trip, a friend of his had a droid. Everyone in the car was selecting music and passing around the aux jack to listen over the car speakers. When dude with the droid turn was up he plugged in the aux jack and after 10-15 second the music player skipped and froze and was having major issues. He said they gave the dude 6 tries before just saying forget it. Things like that.... So yeah, the droid isn't the miracle device either....

I think WebOS is where it's at. I think it's the miracle OS for the mobile devices until others start coming out like it.
    I think that what people need to realize, is that the Pre is easily the Droid's equal when it comes to usability and productivity. The fact that it manages to be this awesome on underpowered hardware (even the Pre Plus), shows how amazing this OS could be with a new revision and next-gen hardware.

What Palm needs to do with it's next phone (if they last long enough for one) is to avoid putting last-gen hardware in it (I.E. Droid/Nexus One hardware). The Droid/Nexus One have "current-gen hardware", but by the time the new Pre would be coming out that same hardware would be last-gen.

I personally like the screen-size of the Pre currently, and i'm not sure if i'd upgrade to a larger-screen version just because it had a larger screen. But that's just me, and a LOT of people prefer a larger screen...just keep the vertical slider keyboard!!!!
  5.    #5  
    I don't need a larger screen. Maybe if I was 90 years old. But the screen size is good!

The palm pre is like a snowball rolling down a hill. It's just a matter of time before it starts gathering more and more snow until it becomes this huge, unstoppable force.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    yeah, i just got mine thursday but I love it. The battery life for me isnt really that bad, it made it all through yesterday with no worries

love the new video feature. still not sold on the preview cards, but its getting better.
    The Pre is turning out to be a great and simple device. The updates have been coming at a fast and furious pace since day 1 and have worked "out of the box" for me. I've had the Pre since 06/06/2009 (Sprint Launch Day). I'm still on the original phone, and if I had to do this over I would still choose the same phone. The interface is clean, the phone is easily hackable, and it meets my needs better than any previous smart-phone I've had.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    The Pre is turning out to be a great and simple device. The updates have been coming at a fast and furious pace since day 1 and have worked "out of the box" for me. I've had the Pre since 06/06/2009 (Sprint Launch Day). I'm still on the original phone, and if I had to do this over I would still choose the same phone. The interface is clean, the phone is easily hackable, and it meets my needs better than any previous smart-phone I've had.
    I think that's the biggest factor for me. The phone STOCK, is easily usable for just about anyone and will do what you need in a great way. However, for those of use who want or need more, you can change damn near anything you want with patches, user-built apps, and even root access!

It's bliss.
    The os is becoming a model to envy!!!!
  10.    #10  
    Great posts...

Here's another thing that I love. Had the phone off the charger for 3 hours and 39 minutes and.......*checking phone*.... Yup... Still at 100%.

So, I would like to add... My battery life is absolutely amazing with the 1.4 update.

What I always do after an update, I go in and update my network settings and PRL... Then do a restart. And throw that on the charger overnight and when I take it off and go about my day, I notice glorious battery life.

Just a little tid-bit of info thought I'd share.
    Having a love affair with Pre - okay, that sounds gross, but really I love this device.

I have been a palm fan for many years and was thrilled when Pre came to verizon. I still have my TX that I use for certain things because it has a larger screen and better document management, but the Pre is fabulous for contacts and calender. I can keep everything up to date with work and about 90% of what I used to have to do at my desktop I can now do on the go.

Battery doesn't bother me - although I may invest in the 1350mh for a little boost. Now I just keep a touchstone at home and at the office and pull up radio or pandora while it charges. I even bought a bluetooth speaker so Pre can sound its best.

Yes, I'm spending money to accessorize, but you wouldn't expect to buy a car with all the features you want and not spend the money for it. Pre is worth it.

Lastly, I want to mention the developers. There are some awesome people developing some awesome software for this device. They are out here on the forums listening to what people want and responding quickly. Thanks to them, Pre just keeps getting better every day...
    Last edited by rixpre2010; 02/28/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Oh and I forgot - I didn't think I was going to like the sliding keyboard, but now I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    simply the most awesome phone I have ever had.. Was at best buy today and saw a droid for the first time, it is one ugly phone, and cheap looking too.. The pre is amazing.
    this update has been stellar for me. The biggest change as far as bugs go is I'm getting much less skipping and doubling of letters when I enter text. Now when I misspell something it truly is user error!
    Oh my, I love my Pre so much, it's really not seemly. One thing that I like a lot but don't see getting that much attention is it's size. A friend, on seeing it for the first time, summed it up very simply "oh, it's a phone". Meaning, it's not an oversized clunky device. For me, the Pre passes this simple phone test: if it doesn't fit in my jeans pocket, it's not a phone, it's a handheld device with telephony capabilities.

I love the elegance and style of the Pre. No gaudy chrome bumper begging for tail fins, no hulking mass of corners and hard angles. The Pre is sleek, beautiful, and it just feels good in the hand.

I love how WebOS is so fast and efficient to use. A computer hobbyist friend summed it up well, when he said it was just like a regular multitasking computer OS, and I agree with him.

I love how Palm embraces the homebrew community. With the popular phone, the manufacturer wants to tightly control all aspect of your user experience. Palm, their attitude seems to be "it's your phone, have fun". Beta apps, homebrew apps, glorious wonderful patches, all part of the awesome goodness that is the WebOS ecosystem.

I love the keyboard, which surprises me. My partner has had Treos for years, and all that time I scoffed at the keyboard while scribbling away on my Graffiti area. Well, THIS keyboard is fine! My brief experiences with on screen keyboards was frustrating, this keyboard was good from the word go, and just keeps getting better for me.

I honestly feel that WebOS is the clear leader in app phone OS's, and that the Pre hardware is simply genius. Flawed genius, but genius nonetheless.

And finally, I REALLY REALLY love universal search with Wikipedia. I'm constantly looking things up on Wikipedia, having that capability in my jeans pocket is sheer heaven.
  16.    #16  
    Let's keep this thread going guys!!!!

So, I dropped 3.99 and purchased the Youview app. Wow oh wow am I super happy that I bought that app. I have an amazing application that provides visual voicemail. I have it synced up to most of my contacts via my gmail account so I know who is calling me when they call.

It's really a great application and I love the fact that it's really simple.

My girlfriend liked it so much she wanted me to buy it for her phone and set it all up. We're both set up with youview and we are more then happy with our purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    What Palm needs to do with it's next phone (if they last long enough for one) is to avoid putting last-gen hardware in it (I.E. Droid/Nexus One hardware). The Droid/Nexus One have "current-gen hardware", but by the time the new Pre would be coming out that same hardware would be last-gen.
    The Droid and the Pre/Pre+ have identical hardware. The Nexus 1 has the same CPU but it is clocked to 1ghz instead of 500mhz.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The Droid and the Pre/Pre+ have identical hardware. The Nexus 1 has the same CPU but it is clocked to 1ghz instead of 500mhz.
    WebOS just doesn't use the GPU in the general OS yet. I can't to see that happen.

I still wish Palm would give use a virtual keyboard too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Wow, had to look up and make sure I was still at precentral.net, lol, always so much negativity in this forum. Every day I use my Pre I am perplexed why there isn't more people out there using this phone. I switched over in from Verizon and BlackBerry last June and my Pre is still performing great, only phone I would trade this is the next generation of Palm webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    only phone I would trade this is the next generation of Palm webOS.
    Agreed! Man I love this phone. This is hands down the best phone I have ever had. I love how it feels, I love how it looks, WebOS is incredible. I can't imagine using another phone now.