1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if the new fade transitions when tapping something or using the back gesture are from the use of CSS transforms. That effect really seems like it uses the GPU since it is very smooth and iPhone like.
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 02/28/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    I was wondering the same thing.
    yea the animations and transforms are very smooth now...scrolling also....a few months back people were hating and trolling on here saying that this could never be done on the pre...thanks for bringing this up...
  4.    #4  
    Imagine how snappy webOS 2.0 will be!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    No CSS transforms, no GPU usage.

Scrolling on webpages is still painfully choppy.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    No CSS transforms, no GPU usage.

Scrolling on webpages is still painfully choppy.
    I just meant the fade effect that i wrote about in the OP, not the other effects. Some of the other effects still look choppy, but not that one.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $its$ $the$ $upgraded$ $V8$ $JavaScript$ $engine$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $the$ $inclusion$ $of$ $enhanced$ $CSS$ $support$/ $Webkit$ $4$.$0$ $which$ $is$ $responsible$ $for$ $smoother$ $transitions$.

No CSS Transformations yet. I doubt we'd see this until webOS 2.0. But its a good thought, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could shed light on the subject, i haven't poked around in the webOS framework yet.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $its$ $the$ $upgraded$ $V8$ $JavaScript$ $engine$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $the$ $inclusion$ $of$ $enhanced$ $CSS$ $support$/ $Webkit$ $4$.$0$ $which$ $is$ $responsible$ $for$ $smoother$ $transitions$.

No CSS Transformations yet. I doubt we'd see this until webOS 2.0. But its a good thought, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could shed light on the subject, i haven't poked around in the webOS framework yet.
    Thanks for the info!
    Whatever they're doing, it's remarkably improved. Really does bode well for future updates.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic