Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I really want my large images back. I use the phone frequently when my home network is down. Some worl involves the use of large maps online.
    Same issue here. I get image holders in some pages where large images should be. Or just a blank white page if an image opens in a new card. What gives?
    I've been getting hit or miss results regarding large images since the day the Pre launched, but the threshold does seem to be lower now. Large image dowloading is actually the last reason that I still have PreGames's fileCoaster on my phone.

I'm actually disappointed in the Pre's image ability overall. The built-in Photos app never lets me zoom all the way in to very large images. It sucks when it's a map and I can't read any of the location names.
    I'm at this site all the time. The imgur image host is commonly used there and now I can't see most of the images posted for whatever reason. reddit.com/domain/imgur.com/new/?sort=new
  5.    #25  
    I think I found our fix.

/etc/palm/browser.conf

In 1.4 there is a line that reads:

MaxImagePixelCount=1048576

This line is not present in the same file on 1.3

I commented out that line, no luck.

e_t
    does the iphone spoof have anything to do with this? I don't think my iphone spoof reinstalled in webos quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by edit_text View Post
    I think I found our fix.

/etc/palm/browser.conf

In 1.4 there is a line that reads:

MaxImagePixelCount=1048576

This line is not present in the same file on 1.3

I commented out that line, no luck.

e_t
    That line of code, or similar restrictive commands, could be in multiple places, lines or files.

I'd be willing to bet that other restrictions exist, because I've had problems with loading large images for a while.

Another thought: That number is just one megapixel. Try increasing it instead of commenting it out.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/01/2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    does the iphone spoof have anything to do with this? I don't think my iphone spoof reinstalled in webos quick install
    I don't have that installed, so I don't think so.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    That line of code, or similar restrictive commands, could be in multiple places, lines or files.

I'd be willing to bet that other restrictions exist, because I've had problems with loading large images for a while.

Another thought: That number is just one megapixel. Try increasing it instead of commenting it out.
    I tried changing the value, that had no effect.
    I deleted both browser.conf and browser-app.conf, that killed the browser, it would if I'm not mistaken work without browser.conf. I will look into it in the morning.

e_t
  10.    #30  
    I found a fix. By adding the "MaxImagePixelCount" in the /etc/palm/browser-app.conf with a high enough setting you will be able to load large images once again. In my case i'm using 4194304. I will post detailed instructions when I get home tonight.

e_t
    I found a fix. By adding the "MaxImagePixelCount" in the /etc/palm/browser-app.conf with a high enough setting you will be able to load large images once again. In my case i'm using . I will post detailed instructions when I get home tonight.

e_t
    could you make this a patch?
    can that patch be made?
  13.    #33  
    I will certainly look into making it a patch. For now, I would like a few people to try it and see what they think. I have only had my pre a little over a week now so making a patch is virgin territory for me. But don't worry, it is easy to do with WOSQI!

First, I assume no responsibility for any damage done to your equipment from going through with this modification. If you wish to continue, you do so at your own risk. That being said, there should be no reason for this to "brick" your pre.

1. In WOSQI, select Tools, Receive File.
    File = etc/palm/browser-app.conf
    Destination Folder = (Whatever you want it to be, just remember where you put it)
    Press "Get From Device"
    In WOSQI, select Tools, Linux Commandline
    At the prompt: cp /etc/palm/browser-app.conf /etc/palm/bak.browser-app.conf
    If everything went well, move to 2

2. Open the file we just saved in your favorite text-editor (Wordpad works well)
    At the end of the [General] section add this line: MaxImagePixelCount=10485760
    Save the file.

3. In WOSQI, select Tools, Delete File/Directory.
    Type = File
    Path = etc/palm/browser-app.conf
    Press "Delete!" and confirm the deletion.

4. In WOSQI, select Tools, Send File.
    File = (the file we just edited earlier)
    Destination Folder = etc/palm/
    Press "Send To Device!"
    If everything went well goto 5

5. Reset your device

I know these are not very well written directions, I'm very sorry. If someone would like to make a prettier how-to, thanks in advance.

So far, my results are varied, but overall much much better. I've been using this setting most of the day today, and the smaller setting a few hours prior. Test it out, and I will try to find out about making a patch. Unless someone wants to school me on that.

e_t
    Update you first post, edit.
    Nice find on the fix.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    That a great find. I hope someone puts that into a patch!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Update you first post, edit.
    Nice find on the fix.
    Thanks, I was so worried about trying to be somewhat clear about it, I forgot to edit the first post.

e_t
    Total Kudos E_T !!!! Worked like a charm!
    did you submit it to preware? Great work
  19.    #39  
    No, and after a brief look, I think I might need some serious help as far as patch creation goes.

e_t
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I will certainly look into making it a patch. For now, I would like a few people to try it and see what they think. I have only had my pre a little over a week now so making a patch is virgin territory for me. But don't worry, it is easy to do with WOSQI!

First, I assume no responsibility for any damage done to your equipment from going through with this modification. If you wish to continue, you do so at your own risk. That being said, there should be no reason for this to "brick" your pre.

1. In WOSQI, select Tools, Receive File.
    File = etc/palm/browser-app.conf
    Destination Folder = (Whatever you want it to be, just remember where you put it)
    Press "Get From Device"
    In WOSQI, select Tools, Linux Commandline
    At the prompt: cp /etc/palm/browser-app.conf /etc/palm/bak.browser-app.conf
    If everything went well, move to 2

2. Open the file we just saved in your favorite text-editor (Wordpad works well)
    At the end of the [General] section add this line: MaxImagePixelCount=10485760
    Save the file.

3. In WOSQI, select Tools, Delete File/Directory.
    Type = File
    Path = etc/palm/browser-app.conf
    Press "Delete!" and confirm the deletion.

4. In WOSQI, select Tools, Send File.
    File = (the file we just edited earlier)
    Destination Folder = etc/palm/
    Press "Send To Device!"
    If everything went well goto 5

5. Reset your device

I know these are not very well written directions, I'm very sorry. If someone would like to make a prettier how-to, thanks in advance.

So far, my results are varied, but overall much much better. I've been using this setting most of the day today, and the smaller setting a few hours prior. Test it out, and I will try to find out about making a patch. Unless someone wants to school me on that.

e_t
    Any Punctuation Marks before adding that line?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast