Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, I don't get it when you were the guy posting constantly about how the pre doesn't have a video camera and every other phone does. Now when they give you the video camera, you complain about something else. When will Americans EVER be happy? I swear, we take way too much for granted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    Ok.... EDIT: I am not making a new thread. My main problem is anything I do, luna restarts. I try to wake up the phone and it doesn't wake up and luna restarts or I move a icon and luna crashes or I am doing...... anything. Should I doctor?
    Uhh...yea. I would have Doctored before posting if I got constant Luna restarts. I'd be willing to bet you have a corrupted update or your device needs replacement.
    I love it,,vid camera is awsome,,,some people will complain no matter what. Sometimes I have to pinch myself and remind myself it's a phone,,lol.love it.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Uhh...yea. I would have Doctored before posting if I got constant Luna restarts. I'd be willing to bet you have a corrupted update or your device needs replacement.
    I was actually having infrequent luna restarts before 1.4 and now they are very frequent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    corrupted install, its happened before with the 1.2 update. Palms servers were getting hit and I bet that can be the cause of several isolated issues out there... I don't really trust the ota and as always I visited the Dr to get a clean 1.4
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I love it!!!! I clocked my phone to 600 mHz and my phone is faster than ever, I LOVE IT
    Do you mind if I ask how you did that? I've read that several people have done this and I was curious how? Thanks in advance.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how you did that? I've read that several people have done this and I was curious how? Thanks in advance.
    He posted a method on the first page, but from the looks of it, it looks like its for 1.3.5
    it's official. No matter how awesome the update. People will find a way to hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    He posted a method on the first page, but from the looks of it, it looks like its for 1.3.5
    I missed that one.. Thanks
    Best update since day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I missed that one.. Thanks
    it works in 1.4 also. the files that it changes aren't really touched by any of the updates we've had so far, to my knowledge. disclaimer: i don't know $hit about software, etc., i just read the hell out of things on this forum.

you pretty much just put the file in webos quickinstall, send it to where indicated, do the install command in command line, and there ya go! it's really easy, but do read up on it all to save your self any trouble, and to be aware of what could potentially go wrong.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    it's official. No matter how awesome the update. People will find a way to hate it.
    I don't mean to seem like I hate it even though thats the title. I was just having major problems and thought i'd share and see what others think. But now i'm beginning to think its my phone, meaning if the doctor doesn't work, then it may be time to get a replacement. So.... sorry.
    I had a lot of problems, they were obviously with 1.4 and patches/preware. Phone stopped working, I had to Doctor it. Now it's running great, tho I still caint use patches with WOSI. I won't install preware til the bugs are ironed out for 1.4
  14.    #34  
    Ok..... I keep trying to fight people off...and its getting annoying. This thread seriously needs closed.
    Wow, guys... relax a bit. He said he's hating 1.4 because his phone is having what sounds like major issues. OP, if it were me, I would Doctor the phone but, try posting in the 1.4 problems thread to see if anyone else has had the same issues.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I hate the way it handles background applications now it pops up in a card and just gets in the way very annoying. Also the fact that we don't have controls to record video portrait mode or even a flashlight is something i would have liked to see so i don't hate it but disappointed on some aspects.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    I hate the way it handles background applications now it pops up in a card and just gets in the way very annoying. Also the fact that we don't have controls to record video portrait mode or even a flashlight is something i would have liked to see so i don't hate it but disappointed on some aspects.
    Agreed.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    Wow, guys... relax a bit. He said he's hating 1.4 because his phone is having what sounds like major issues. OP, if it were me, I would Doctor the phone but, try posting in the 1.4 problems thread to see if anyone else has had the same issues.
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    @prefectionist
    There are two things I hate about WebOS 1.4:
    1. I can't find anything I dislike about it.
    2. Being a troll, having a phone without without problems really displeases me!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Yeah...I bet I know why this dude is complaining about the update. Without realizing it, he probably forgot to remove a patch or something. I know they say you don't have to remove patches with this update, but I did anyway... Also...I've noticed that I had a HUUUGE problem with 1.3.5 when I forgot to totally get rid of Virtual Keyboard..
    That alone will wreak havoc on your Pre...causing you to need Doctoring...

Phone is fine after update...and once we have Flash, I'll be satisfied.. I AM pretty peeved about Multi-Mod not working any longer...but oh well. With Flash, Multi Mod should be a thing of the past, right?
    Also...PDF Redux doesn't install any longer. A couple other patches as well. This seems to be normal for every update...nothing I can do about it.
    The only thing that I can understand being upset about is...I have patches for things that should've been standard on my Pre. I should be able to read my PDFs in landscape mode...AND I should be able to get rid of headers any time, any place..ya know??

I can't imagine what could've gone so wrong that he's so upset....but my phone works fine...not sure if it's so much better...but it works well and I'm happy. It could ALWAYS be faster...but I'm not about to try the 600mhz patch that everyone is raving about. I don't need it that fast. My games seem to work just fine at the speed my Pre is at now and I can't really imagine what else you'd need to speed up the device for, right??
    It's not like you'll be doing complex mathematical equations with your Pre...so why the rush for speed! Just more male ego deficiency, huh? LOL...I'm totally kidding dudes!

After all is said and done, I'm totally happy with the most advanced user-friendly phone on the market...imho! So should we all....or... "So say we all!" BG for those of you in the know!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast