Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I know it's probably a stupid question and I searched but couldn't find an answer. Do I have to turn on developer mode (since I don't leave it on) when I want to use preware and install some new stuff?
    Nope
    no it stays on once you turn it on
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I know it stays on, but I heard it's a small security risk, so I like to turn it off when I'm done messing around. Should I just leave it on?
    I left mine enabled as I updated to 1.4. I thought the update would reset it, but to my surprise it was still on.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    same
    Quote Originally Posted by ffac789 View Post
    I know it stays on, but I heard it's a small security risk, so I like to turn it off when I'm done messing around. Should I just leave it on?
    i always leave mine on, but i guess it does leave it with access that someone could possibly somehow get malicious with. preware should be all good if you turn it off, but webos quick install won't see your device. at least that's how i understand it. i've always left it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffac789 View Post
    the only risk is that someone that already has a pre and is well versed with quickinstall somehow gets ahold of your phone messes with it like turning the launcher invisible and putting up a screenshot similar to the windows prank
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    webos quick install won't see your device. at least that's how i understand it. i've always left it on.
    WebOS will NOT see your device without it enabled. I forgot that, and it should have been the FIRST thing I did after a trip to the doctor.
    For Preware I have never enabled developer mode. To use WebOS Quick Install you must enable developer mode every time (or leave it on).
    You only have to enable it to install preware then you can leave developer mode disabled and preware will work just fine.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    cool thanks guys! This was very helpful! This is a really great forum where people just answer your question, I think this is the best forum I've come across haha.