1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Just wondering, does Doctor completely clears your phone? Even your contacts?

Thanks
    i guess you dont know about the palm profile which you made when you activated your phone well it backs up app catalog apps and contacts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    webOS doctor will completely clear everything from the phone and then reinstall the firmware. Worry not though, it was transfer your photos and as far as apps and contacts, that information is stored in the cloud. When the doc process is finished, you'll be asked to log back into your Palm Profile at which time your contacts and apps will be downloaded!

Despite this, it's still a good idea to keep your contacts in a few different places!! For instance, I keep them on my Pre, on my MacBook Pro, on my Yahoo! Account, and on my Google Account.. a bit excessive but you should have your information in at least two places.. your Pre and somewhere else.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    photos are most certainly not stored in the cloud
    1.4 deletes everthing, including usb. 1.3.5.1 does not.
    My phone was just "bricked" from the 1.4 update (possible stuck patch?)
    I doctored using 1.3.5.1 because i didnt want to lose the first video i shot with my Pre
    Now i'm going to upgrade 1.4 today
    after you doctor your phone (which as mentioned on the front page, does not clear media) you log into your palm profile, google accounts, facebook, yahoo, etc., and it syncs everything back up, including dowloaded applications.

depending how many services you have linked on your phone, and how many applications, it can take a while (i use 3 gmails, 1 yahoo, AIM, and FB). seems like about an hour for the two times i've doctored. you can make calls and use other preinstalled applications after the initial logging in to the palm profile as the syncing is all done in the background.

i hope that made sense, and answered your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    1.4 deletes everthing, including usb. 1.3.5.1 does not.
    My phone was just "bricked" from the 1.4 update (possible stuck patch?)
    I doctored using 1.3.5.1 because i didnt want to lose the first video i shot with my Pre
    Now i'm going to upgrade 1.4 today
    i doctored with 1.4 last night and still have all the media, including a video i took with the video camera before i doctored. where did you get the impression that 1.4 delets things? did this happen to someone?
    So you can update from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 using 1.4 doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i doctored with 1.4 last night and still have all the media, including a video i took with the video camera before i doctored. where did you get the impression that 1.4 delets things? did this happen to someone?
    read it in a thread yesterday, i know earlier versions (1.2) did a full erase and i thought it came back in 1.4. but if you did it and the usb was spared then maybe that person was confused. I doctored with 1.3.5.1 just to be safe
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney41685 View Post
    So you can update from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 using 1.4 doctor?
    yes. a doctor of any OS version puts that version on your phone. if you do it this way though you will have to wait while your profiles from Palm, Google, etc., and apps are all synced back up and put on your phone. if there was any contact linking that you had to do manually, you may have to do those again too.

it may not be worth having to let it all sync back up again to some people, but to others having a "clean slate" and fresh install are well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    read it in a thread yesterday, i know earlier versions (1.2) did a full erase and i thought it came back in 1.4. but if you did it and the usb was spared then maybe that person was confused. I doctored with 1.3.5.1 just to be safe
    hm, i guess they were confused. or maybe they did some complete erase and then doctored or something? IDK. i'm pretty sure they must have done more than just doctor.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    photos are most certainly not stored in the cloud
    You're right. They're not. That's why I said the Doc transfers them.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!