Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you have sent me a log file for the issue. Can you please advise of what version of webos you was on previously? Thank you.

Also for other users looking to send log files for this issue. Please advise of what version of webOS you have upgraded from.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you have sent me a log file for the issue. Can you please advise of what version of webos you was on previously? Thank you.

Also for other users looking to send log files for this issue. Please advise of what version of webOS you have upgraded from.
    I was on webOS 1.3.2. I believe, I had just had the phone for 2 days prior but it was the latest Sprint webOS. Using WebOS Doctor did fix this issue though.
    We have collected a large sampling of log files for the issue. Going forward I would like to only collect log files for devices that are still exhibiting the behavior After running webOS doctor.

Thank you for your continued support on the issue,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I have the same problem with my new O2-Pre with the new firmware 1.4. Two or three reboots, I have done, and the battery removed. no improvement...
    My original Pre started to have issues where the phone speaker would not function. Sometimes it would be fine, other times it would not. I was unsure if this was a software bug or hardware malfunction, but I took the phone to my local Sprint Store. They replaced the phone with a brand new one within a few minutes. I logged into my profile and I was up and running very quickly. After I left, the phone notified me that I needed to upgrade to version 1.4. Now, my previous phone had been running version 1.4, so I did not expect to have any issues with this phone after upgrading to 1.4. I was incorrect.

After upgrading to version 1.4, my ringtone preview stopped functioning everywhere (call ringtones, ringtones for Text messaging, ringtones for clock alarms, etc.). I also was unable to open Pandora and get any music playback. So, this morning, I downloaded the WebOS Doctor 1.4 from the following location: http: www . precentral . net/webos-140-doctor-released-pre-pixi-sprint-o2-verizon

This has appeared to have resolved all my issues thus far. I am on Web OS version 1.4.0 configuration Sprint 2.3 right after starting the phone, no updates. I was able to preview the ringtones in all the appropriate locations. And Pandora 1.0.1 started working without any issues. This resolved the issues with upgrading straight from version 1.0 to 1.4. If you are having these issues, get the Doctor from the above website ... it takes about 30-45 mintues, but fixed everything for me. I did NOT lose my pictures or videos that were on the phone, either. I did back them up onto my hard drive just in case, but it was done clean and without any further issues.

Hope this helps a few more people out there!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Having the same issue here...
    I'm now a part of this club.
    Got the same ringtone preview issue.. updatet directly to 1.4 (though im not sure, which version was on there before)

What do you mean by "running" webOSDoctor? ive got quickinstall and preware installed (and by that, also the doctor, right??). But i thought, one should never run this doc, because it will erase everything? so are you talking about exactly that, running the webosdoc.jar file?? will this fix problems?
    AND, do i have to REMOVE preware patches and apps BEFORE running the Doc?
    thanks for any answer!
    The doctor will delete all apps but not anything on the USB portion of the device unless for some odd reason the doctor messes up and deletes it.(has not happened to me yet)

I had to run the Doctor myself a few times to get this issue resolved.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I thought I had the same probelm until I increased the volume button after I hit "play" on the ring tone....
    So, do i have to do anything BEFORE running the Doc?

and are you talking about running the webosdoctor.jar file, or pushing the panic button within quickinstall?

exactly, what will the doctor do? how does he know, what my problem is? ive got a few issues with my memory aswell (e.g. cant load nfsu, getting too-many-cards-error inspite of having NO card open, sometimes). will the doc fix those, too?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12