Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I know people are having the facebook issue which has been resolved, but was unable to find a solution for my youtube uploading issue. I have made no changes to the video (as instructed) and have tested different videos. I go to upload it and it give the uploading to youtube prompt immediately followed by the unexpected error. It give me the option to cancel or try and again, but it still never works. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgrules View Post
    I know people are having the facebook issue which has been resolved, but was unable to find a solution for my youtube uploading issue. I have made no changes to the video (as instructed) and have tested different videos. I go to upload it and it give the uploading to youtube prompt immediately followed by the unexpected error. It give me the option to cancel or try and again, but it still never works. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Having the same issue....did you get it to work yet? If so, what did you do? If not, anyone have any suggestions?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I'd like to know how long to expect my upload to take.

I'm not getting an error message, but its been 40 minutes so far and I'm uploading a 30 sec video to YouTube.

over wi-fi.

How long should this take or is this an error without a message?
    I'm having issues as well. I have tried uploading with & without making changes to the title, description, etc. and nothing works. It says that it uploads successfully and I get the option to send the link to Facebook, via text, and via email. The link it provides does not work (it contains "undefined"). Also, when I check my YouTube account, no videos are being uploaded.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I've tried without success to upload a video to youtube. My little dog Stella is getting annoyed with these test videos Does anyone have some tips on how to do this? When I request the upload to youtube option I just get an error message but with no explanation. I tried it without making any changes to "Title", I did change the "Category" as I didn't think sending the video of my dog would be well received at "People & Blogs", and then I left everything else blank. When I send, I get an error. UPDATE I kept "People & Blogs" as is and it worked! So, you literally can't change anything before uploading. Just an FYI. I guess you change these items on the YouTube website.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Try logging out of the account that your uploading to on your computer and/or Pre/Pixi. Then log in from the uploader thingy.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I recorded a video yesterday morning after getting the 1.4 update and when I tried to upload it to youtube I was getting that immediate error, with the option to try again or cancel. I tried over and over again for hours. I recoreded a 2nd video and tried to upload it, with the same results.

THE SOLUTION(for me) was to click on the video edit icon and then click on the save. I didn't actually edit the video at all, but after saving it I was able to successfully uplload it. And I've been able to upload more videos since, without doing the edit/save thing. So give that a try and let us know if that works for you guys too.

KP
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post

I'm not getting an error message, but its been 40 minutes so far and I'm uploading a 30 sec video to YouTube.

over wi-fi.

update*

This video I was trying to upload was still trying to upload after an hour. I figured something was wrong. I cancelled and tried it again and it was done very quickly.
    I still can't upload to Facebook. Even if I e-mail the video. If I e-mail it, the subject shows up as the comment, but the video never gets added.

over wi-fi.

Same here, not over wifi though.
    What I did, was cancel the upload then rebooted and tried again and it worked.

over wi-fi.

it should take no longer than 10 secs and that's over evdo.
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    I'm having issues as well. I have tried uploading with & without making changes to the title, description, etc. and nothing works. It says that it uploads successfully and I get the option to send the link to Facebook, via text, and via email. The link it provides does not work (it contains "undefined"). Also, when I check my YouTube account, no videos are being uploaded.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    BUMP

Still not able to upload videos to YouTube. Tried logging out and back in through the uploader. Also tried the edit but don't save thing. Still no luck and the link it creates is bad. Thanks for the suggestions.
    If anyone is still having an issue with this, here's what I found to get my 1st video uploaded. I had never uploaded a video before and had to log on and verify my account. You verify your account by selecting upload video from the desktop version of the website. It does the email verification thing and then you can upload videos.

The link provided by the Pre is still an issue and hopefully will be corrected soon.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    I still can't upload to Facebook. Even if I e-mail the video. If I e-mail it, the subject shows up as the comment, but the video never gets added.

I've had the same problem but not from my phone. I tried to email a YouTube video to my Facebook account from Real Player after downloading it. All that showed up on Facebook was the subject. It's to bad to cause the vid was gut busting, eye watering funny.
    I tried to upload my first video to Youtube today, and I have the same issue.

Plus, I have an additional problem. Trying to upload to Youtube kills my internet connection. I still get the [EV] box at the top right corner, but no internet apps work. Email, browser, app catalog, even my Woot! app are all offline. I have to do a reset to get internet connectivity back.
    This thread should be made sticky. I was having these problems as well, and the solution is right here. Cropping the videos doesn't matter, but you can't change the title or category at all when uploading from the Pre - if you want to edit ANYTHING in the title or tags, you must upload first and edit it from the Youtube site.