1.    #1  
    Hi,

So i finally got my 1.4 update installed and now i can't remove the patches - not via webos quick install or via preware.

get this error:

I've tried removing them via preware AND webos quick install..
    I really do not understand why it is so hard to remove something from your device.. i may have understood something, but i thought you din't needed to remove patches before updating OS and you could update them afterwards?

My only solution now is webos doctor?
  2.    #2  
    ok...
    After a lot of restarts i descided to doctor my pre.
    And guess what - that is impossible too! it "disconnects" my pre?!
    I am pretty annoyed about NOTHING is working correctly...
    Quote Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
    ok...
    After a lot of restarts i descided to doctor my pre.
    And guess what - that is impossible too! it "disconnects" my pre?!
    I am pretty annoyed about NOTHING is working correctly...
    Does the doctor not detect that your pre is connected?
  4.    #4  
    The doctor detects my pre - then it shows a status bar "charging battery,, " and then suddenly "the device was disconnected".
    Quote Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
    The doctor detects my pre - then it shows a status bar "charging battery,, " and then suddenly "the device was disconnected".
    have you tried taking out the battery holding the volume up button connecting your pre then when the usb icon comes up putting your battery back in then running the doctor?
  6.    #6  
    This is what i did.

I connect the pre to my pc - as Usb drive.
    Start webos doctor
    after selecting O2 Uk/ireland (my pre is german - but i understand english better and the phone is unlocked) a lightning icon is displaying above a statusbar and after a while it says "device disconnected".

Please notice - i already have 1.4 installed.

How would the correct procedure be to make a fresh 1.4 instalation on the pre?
    (i really just want to have a totally fresh pre)

Thanks in advanced!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Are you using the Doctor for 1.4? That just got released today I guess. I have had to use it myself as everything on my phone went crazy after updating yesterday, touch screen, too many cards, screen freezing... ugh...

hopefully this fixes it. Perhaps people shouldn't be trusting the Patch Auto Update yet, seems people are having issues.

Definitely try what seancraig21 suggests above though as I had an issue with my phone not connecting as well and that method worked for me.
    Described on the Palm website here:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...#nextbuttondim
    Last edited by dubmess; 02/28/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: adding link
  8.    #8  
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes - i am using the one for 1.4 (donwload via the link on the front-page of precentral).
    I will try it out tommorow.

Thanks for your help both of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Are you using the Doctor for 1.4? That just got released today I guess. I have had to use it myself as everything on my phone went crazy after updating yesterday, touch screen, too many cards, screen freezing... ugh...

hopefully this fixes it. Perhaps people shouldn't be trusting the Patch Auto Update yet, seems people are having issues.

Definitely try what seancraig21 suggests above though as I had an issue with my phone not connecting as well and that method worked for me.
    Described on the Palm website here:
    Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs
    O man I had tons of problems with the aupt I should have known better and removed everything like I always do and since I doctored mine yesterday before the 1.4 doctor was out I had to do some much stuff to get my pre back to normal again