1.    #1  
    Ok my buddy and I are having this debate and we can't seem to find the answer. We both have 1.4 installed already with patches and what not. Mine is moving super slow so I am going to doctor it today.

Here comes the questions we both need answered. ( money on the line. haha)

1. Do I need to remove patches or can I just doctor over them?
    2. Will I need to reinstall Preware and other Service Manager programs.
    3. Will my homebrew apps need reinstalling? We both know app catalog stuff stays on.

Thanks guys. Dumb questions we know. But we can't seem to find the answer that everyone agrees on. So some say one thing other say something else.
    - Skinneejay -
    It depends, what version are you going to doctor to first? Then your questions can be answered correctly.
    I've read here that the 1.4 Doctor wipes everything (like the 1.2.1 Doctor). If this is true, then here are the answers to your questions:

1. You can just Doctor over them.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    1.3.5 and above doctor does not erase media folder (so perform a full erase first if you use thisdoctor version)

or the lazy man route, use 1.2.1 doctor which wipes everytjing
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Ok my buddy and I are having this debate and we can't seem to find the answer. We both have 1.4 installed already with patches and what not. Mine is moving super slow so I am going to doctor it today.

Here comes the questions we both need answered. ( money on the line. haha)

1. Do I need to remove patches or can I just doctor over them?
    2. Will I need to reinstall Preware and other Service Manager programs.
    3. Will my homebrew apps need reinstalling? We both know app catalog stuff stays on.

Thanks guys. Dumb questions we know. But we can't seem to find the answer that everyone agrees on. So some say one thing other say something else.
    I just doctored to 1.4 (was a dumb-*** and didnt remove my theme prior to the update). Homebrews do not come back so you will need to reinstall them (including preware). Refresh was extremely quick (20 mins) compared to how long it took 1.4 to download and install.

Doesnt matter if patches on or not as it doesnt care whats on your pre when you run OSDR
    I would love to see detailed steps to doctor to 1.4 when you have patches, etc., installed. I believe the "Emergency Patch Installer" will bring all your patches back, but think that you have to reinstall Preware and Package Manager Service once the Dr. is done doing his stull.
  7.    #7  
    @ mjkjr: I going to doctor to 1.4.
    - Skinneejay -
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Another question... I keep getting a 'unable to validate download' error while trying to update to 1.4 OTA.

Is it possible to dl webOS DR 1.4 and install it that way?
  9.    #9  
    to my knowledge yes. Which carrier are you on?
    - Skinneejay -
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone.
    - Skinneejay -