Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed that ever since 1.4, the vibrate whenever I receive a message doesn't vibrate as long as it used to. Anybody notice this also?
    definitely the same here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    definitely the same here
    This was the only thing that I have found disappointing. I can barely feel it!
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Has anyone ever had the problem with the tone + vibrate alert that when you get a message you hear the tone and then the phone vibrates for 5 seconds? Like one long vibrate. It just happened again this morning on me. Almost like a vibrate lag. Anyone have this problem occasionally?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    Has anyone ever had the problem with the tone + vibrate alert that when you get a message you hear the tone and then the phone vibrates for 5 seconds? Like one long vibrate. It just happened again this morning on me. Almost like a vibrate lag. Anyone have this problem occasionally?
    I THINK I have had this happen about twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    made a thread about the same problem, those patches dont work properly on 1.4, they stutter the vibration.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    The vibration alert for SMS MMS is way too short now. I agree. I NEED to be able to feel the vibration. I have missed too many texts already to 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    made a thread about the same problem, those patches dont work properly on 1.4, they stutter the vibration.
    Shame it doesn't work now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Shame it doesn't work now.
    wouldnt be bad if palm let us pick the duration for texts, IM's, and each email account independently
    ive got this issue too....i used to hear the vibrate for my texts and email, now i keep missing stuff cuz i cant hear it
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Same here. I don't like the new vibrate length, since I can't feel it like before. It needs to be returned to the old length, or have options.
    Like everything else in the world... it's the little things, Palm.

The half-second vibration doesn't properly alert the user to important e-mails or text messages. Why hasn't this been addressed.

Forget about it during the winter when you're wearing layers. You might as well keep the phone on mute.

I don't patch and never will. The word patch has at least one clear definition...

Patch (v) something which is damaged, you mend it or patch it.

Not interested.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've noticed this too. I'll be happy when my 2 sec vibe patch is back.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    it used to be long for sms/mms and short for email. now it's crazy short for everything, and I barely notice it. I don't understand why it was changed.
    This might be the what they did to get better battery life.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    This was the only thing that I have found disappointing. I can barely feel it!
    Thats what she said!
    Same here, got extremely fed up so I'm doctoring it. Plus my messaging notifications were constantly messing up. I wasn't recieving the notification til I opened the messaging app up again and sometimes that didn't even work. When that didn't work it was because I was receiving my texts really late. 1.4 brought more problems for me than fixes and features put together.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    This exact issue is being discussed on the official Palm forum (which Palm employees actually read and respond to). If you've got the chance, stop by and let your opinion be heard.
    I wonder does palm actually consider what the users of these phones want or do they just throw out what they want, never considering how it may effect us!? I could hardly ever tell before when Id get a call, either from a ring tone or vibe, guess Ill have to constantly check it now....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast