Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Front page of yahoo.com:

why-palm-phones-are-flopping: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Not good IMO...if I was a prospective webOS buyer and I read that article I would not jump on the Palm bandwagon right now

Edit: of course we all know Palm's stock is at a low point, but we are a select demographic. Yahoo is one of the most trafficked website in the world (#4 http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/yahoo.com), so imagine the hundreds of millions that are going to be aware of the situation now
    Last edited by Hook_em; 02/28/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Listen "friend", don't be all ****-hurt about it. I have a pre, and I love it, just putting this on the boards to see what people think about the story of Palm's potentially dismal future reaching an exponentially larger audience
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm not your "buddy", guy

I don't really feel like searching every time I post a thread. Just saw the other one (didn't include Yahoo in thread title)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I'm not your "buddy", guy

I don't really feel like searching every time I post a thread. Just saw the other one (didn't include Yahoo in thread title)
    If you don't feel like searching before starting a thread then you can pretty much expect similar responses. Repeating the same topics only serves to clutter up the board. Searching before posting really is a benefit to everyone that uses Precentral, you included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I don't really feel like searching every time I post a thread.
    Then maybe you shouldn't start threads. Having multiple threads on the same topic is annoying and unproductive.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    You people are obviously ignorant and stupid. If you can't handle the reality that Palm is slipping, you need to get some help. For one, stop acting oblivious to the fact that they're having issues right now. And two, you all better figure out the purpose of "forum" quickly because this website is going downhill due to idiots like all you.

He posted this because he wanted a DISCUSSION. Searching the forums for a similar discussion that's already happened is pointless as it's obviously already happened..

There's nothing wrong with wanting to discuss an important topic like this. And stop acting like you have absolutely no choice but to click on all the "pointless" threads. If you don't want to discuss something, regardless of how many times it's already been discussed, just ignore it. Don't bother posting crap like "He's a troll" "Use the search".. These topics are much better off without your useless input.

And you people are saying it's "unproductive"? How productive is it to even visit this site period? It's clearly for people who treat their tech as a hobby ergo we'd like to discuss it.

I'm so sick of forum ****s..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    You people are obviously ignorant and stupid. If you can't handle the reality that Palm is slipping, you need to get some help. For one, stop acting oblivious to the fact that they're having issues right now. And two, you all better figure out the purpose of "forum" quickly because this website is going downhill due to idiots like all you.

He posted this because he wanted a DISCUSSION. Searching the forums for a similar discussion that's already happened is pointless as it's obviously already happened..

There's nothing wrong with wanting to discuss an important topic like this. And stop acting like you have absolutely no choice but to click on all the "pointless" threads. If you don't want to discuss something, regardless of how many times it's already been discussed, just ignore it. Don't bother posting crap like "He's a troll" "Use the search".. These topics are much better off without your useless input.

And you people are saying it's "unproductive"? How productive is it to even visit this site period? It's clearly for people who treat their tech as a hobby ergo we'd like to discuss it.

This is pretty much why I only come to the forums a few days before a new release and for a short period after a release. Otherwise I just read the precentral newsfeed and call it a day.

forum guidelines spell out that you should search before you post a new thread to avoid clutter. So the purpose of this forum surely cant be to rehash the same discussions over and over again...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.

He's getting crap for reposting a topic that was already posted not for the content.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    forum guidelines spell out that you should search before you post a new thread to avoid clutter. So the purpose of this forum surely cant be to rehash the same discussions over and over again...
    I didn't say rehash old discussions. Think about it for at least one second. If I come here looking for a solution to an issue I'm having, I'll use the search function as someone else may have had the same issue. If I'm coming here to start a discussion (you know, on this discussion board..) it makes more sense to start a thread to get fresh responses and opinions. If I have something interesting to say about a certain topic I'm much more likely to get a response by starting a thread versus posting in another. Most people would probably just skip right over the comment.

THIS DOESN'T MEAN REHASH EVERY DISCUSSION! If the message I'm trying to get across isn't in the first three pages of discussion, it's not worth bumping a discussion that's already taken place.

In terms of communication, there are steps a conversation or discussion go through. It's not always an ongoing thing and if the OP wants a unique response to the topic on their mind, it's appropriate to start a thread about it.

Regarding forum guidelines, while it may suggest to use the search function where applicable, I'm completely positive it doesn't mention anywhere to "seek out threads you deem unnecessary and post complaints about said topic. Also be sure to flame the OP and make yourself look like an ***."
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    He's getting crap for reposting a topic that was already posted not for the content.
    Thanks, I can read. I was making a general statement about what's been going on lately in the forums. The recent rush of bad news is sending some ******* into denial.
    The problem is, this is a Wall Street Journal article, NOT Yahoo, thus OP fails at reading and posting.
    Thanks, I can read. I was making a general statement about what's been going on lately in the forums. The recent rush of bad news is sending some ******* into denial.
    Way to be a jerk. It's not denial, it's disbelief. A lot of people on Precentral are Palm fans... go f***ing figure.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Way to be a jerk. It's not denial, it's disbelief. A lot of people on Precentral are Palm fans... go f***ing figure.
    There's a difference between being a jerk and being fed up and honest. I'm a fan of my Pre. At the same time, I understand there's fierce competition. Purchasing Palm devices = investing in the company. When I consider a purchase like that I look at the technology, it's competition, and who well the company is doing/will do. It's pointless to get something that can't be supported.

I'd like Palm to thrive as they have something unique and beautiful. At the same time, I'm not going to harass someone just because they made a logical claim that the company may not last another year or so.
    Quit giving this guy grief and stfu, you sound like a bunch of nagging wives. If your time is so valuable that you hate it when you read the same message again, then click back in your browser really quick, and save yourself some time. Why reply just to b*tch though?

But on topic, this does suck, I feel like the timing was off a little for palm, and they were to quiet. They need to be reassuring customers and the public. I think 1.4 could of really been pushed earlier, and talked about more, if that would of happen I do not think the stock dive would of been bad.

But they kept waiting to announce good news, and waiting, and waiting, and they finally release the update with little media coverage, over the weekend, am I the only one that thinks that was a bad marketing decesion?
    There's a difference between being a jerk and being fed up and honest. I'm a fan of my Pre. At the same time, I understand there's fierce competition. Purchasing Palm devices = investing in the company. When I consider a purchase like that I look at the technology, it's competition, and who well the company is doing/will do. It's pointless to get something that can't be supported.

I'd like Palm to thrive as they have something unique and beautiful. At the same time, I'm not going to harass someone just because they made a logical claim that the company may not last another year or so.
    Understandable, it really is. I personally don't see Palm disappearing, I don't think it will happen, but it certainly is a reality. One that's hard to embrace on what is more or less a Palm fan site. It just seems like you're asking for these kind of reactions. Go into a store and talk about how it's crap and won't last a year (even if it is true) and see the kind of response you get. Better yet, go see a pro football game and poo poo on the home team... Won't go over so well, I promise.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    You again :-) lol. Just kidding. No one is in denial about anything. When the same topic is posted over and over it gets old. It's the exact same article from this morning. So I ask again was it really needed? Nope
    Me again!? You again!!

I understand it posted this morning.. at least now I do.

Here's the point I'm trying to make.. Say I'm the OP and I came across this article and I have an interesting point to make about it or I want to get people's opinions. I could add my unique point to an existing thread that very well could be expired (as in there's a lack of activity.. the original parties have moved on to different discussions) but my comment may go unnoticed. Creating a new discussion can also bring new and interesting points to the topic.

Also, I had no idea this was posted this morning. I'm not on the forums all the time but when I do visit, I'd like to take part in meaningful discussions, I noticed this one and not the previous one. Duplicate discussions aren't always bad. What is bad is acting for support multiple times.. hence my signature. I'd rather have someone PM me personally with an issue, then clutter the forums with something technical that's already been addressed.

Also, I'd like everyone to take some notes on what ratchetjaw just did. He alleviate tension by including some playful humor and a smiley face. Whether his comment is actually lighthearted or not, it's perceived by me to be so.

I'm a "jerk" by nature and I like to argue. It's nothing personal against anyone. If someone get's playful in an argument or debate, I do the same.

Next time you see me (or anyone else!) being a jerk or arguing with you, try making a joke.. if it's on a forum, type up a smiley and a joke. You'll keep things from getting too serious. As serious as these matters can get..
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    But they kept waiting to announce good news, and waiting, and waiting, and they finally release the update with little media coverage, over the weekend, am I the only one that thinks that was a bad marketing decesion?
    The update isn't something to market, saying hey guess what you can finally take videos on your Pre doesn't sound like something I'd want to pitch. Now that it's here however I'd be marketing the hell out of it. You can take videos, edit, and upload on the go. That's a commercial waiting to happen... If Palm continues like they have been we can keep on waiting though because it won't happen. I hope there aggressive marketing push Rubi outlined is smarter than there first one. A thousand commercials won't do a lick of good if it doesn't highlight the things that make this the best smart phone OS on the market (IMHO of course)
    Phanboy central.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ....Better yet, go see a pro football game and poo poo on the home team... Won't go over so well, I promise....
    A) I'm not into sports. B) I know people who are very into sports. C) No thanks, I like living..

In fact, avid sports fans are so intimidating, I'll sit through an Ohio State game, drink, cheer, and act disappoint with family and friends just so they don't get upset with me..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast