Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here comes another round of webos bashing because a new update comes out.
    Anyone knows why is that? I've had my Pre since launch and haven't had any problems others have i feel like the luckiest person in the world. Who's with me?
    Disliking the pathetic "updates" that Palm keeps feeding us is not trolling. I too have a launch day Pre and am a fan of WebOS. Our gripe with Palm is that they're not taking it to the next level, while the rest of the industry is passing them by.
    Keep drinking that Palm kool-aid, hope that works out for ya.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Disliking the pathetic "updates" that Palm keeps feeding us is not trolling. I too have a launch day Pre and am a fan of WebOS. Our gripe with Palm is that they're not taking it to the next level, while the rest of the industry is passing them by.
    Why don't you like 1.4? What were you expecting?
  4.    #4  
    what mobile OS is passing us by?
    i don't see anyone else innovating like webos.
    i never said anyone was trolling, guilty conscience?
    palm makes kool-aid?!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Why don't you like 1.4? What were you expecting?
    He's probably someone who hasn't written a single line of code in his life, nor had to work on any kind of real engineering project on a budget, so he expects each update to be the difference between windows 3.1 and windows 7. I'm not saying everyone who has never done those things has ridiculous expectations, just him and the other trolls who complain "Waaaaaaa This update doesn't make my phone perfect. It must be because Palm is full of lazy people. Waaaaaaaaaa"

Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    He's probably someone who hasn't written a single line of code in his life, nor had to work on any kind of real engineering project on a budget, so he expects each update to be the difference between windows 3.1 and windows 7. I'm not saying everyone who has never done those things has ridiculous expectations, just him and the other trolls who complain "Waaaaaaa This update doesn't make my phone perfect. It must be because Palm is full of lazy people. Waaaaaaaaaa"

He was probably expecting new hardware in the OTA update.
    If you feel you are being passed by, maybe you should look for a new phone.

I don't drink anyone's kool-aid. For me, 1.4 is the best update since day 1.
    Maybe he writes code everyday and actually knows what he's talking about...
    Maybe he expects a company like Palm, that's about to go under any minute now, to step up to the plate and do something to save themselves...
    hmmm...
    As I said earlier, I'm a WebOS fan. I think it has the potential to be the greatest mobile OS in the industry. But, Palm is in very bad shape. They can't afford to be anything but ahead of the curve or there won't be a WebOS, which would be a shame.
    I'm not a hater, just don't want to see them f up a good thing by getting bought out or going out of business. Lame updates like this one are not helping their cause.
    The Saint
    i must be the second luckiest person in the world! i'm on my second pre. the first one i returned because of a loose battery.

the only problem that i've ever had is that after me fooling around with some things the other night, i managed to make it so that i couldn't select any icons on the launch page. totally my fault i'd say, since it worked fine up until i started trying to mess with files.

so, i doctored it, waited a little bit for the update to settle, reinstalled preware, patched the heck out of it again, themed it, and clocked back to 600. thing's a monster now. thanks again to all of the developers, and to palm for even creating webos and this device in the first place.

you know what? maybe we aren't lucky at all. maybe we just take the time to read things, and learn what we're doing when we patch, update, etc.
    maybe we benefit from taking the time to research instead of going with whatever rumor fits our wishlist? based on my experience with this device, and how things have worked out every time i've gotten hung up for a second on something, i have a pretty good feeling that most of the trouble people run into comes from not learning to do what they're trying to do, and then not paying attention when they do it.

obviously, the device is far from perfect, and WebOS is still an infant going through the expected growing pains here and again. but for the most part, i have a pretty strong sense that a lot of the problems people have are due to their own haste, and lack of research. (remember the update before this and how many people "bricked" their phones by getting impatient and pulling the battery at the screen that said to not pull the battery?? hahaha... )

i do agree though that palm needs to move as fast as they can, and especially to bump up the hardware some. i don't want to see them die right after introducing what is arguably the best mobile OS ever
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i must be the second luckiest person in the world! i'm on my second pre. the first one i returned because of a loose battery.

the only problem that i've ever had is that after me fooling around with some things the other night, i managed to make it so that i couldn't select any icons on the launch page. totally my fault i'd say, since it worked fine up until i started trying to mess with files.

so, i doctored it, waited a little bit for the update to settle, reinstalled preware, patched the heck out of it again, themed it, and clocked back to 600. thing's a monster now. thanks again to all of the developers, and to palm for even creating webos and this device in the first place.

you know what? maybe we aren't lucky at all. maybe we just take the time to read things, and learn what we're doing when we patch, update, etc.
    maybe we benefit from taking the time to research instead of going with whatever rumor fits our wishlist? based on my experience with this device, and how things have worked out every time i've gotten hung up for a second on something, i have a pretty good feeling that most of the trouble people run into comes from not learning to do what they're trying to do, and then not paying attention when they do it.

obviously, the device is far from perfect, and WebOS is still an infant going through the expected growing pains here and again. but for the most part, i have a pretty strong sense that a lot of the problems people have are due to their own haste, and lack of research. (remember the update before this and how many people "bricked" their phones by getting impatient and pulling the battery at the screen that said to not pull the battery?? hahaha... )

i do agree though that palm needs to move as fast as they can, and especially to bump up the hardware some. i don't want to see them die right after introducing what is arguably the best mobile OS ever
    Excellent points, 90% of the failures are due to numbskulls not looking before they leap.
    The Saint
    i agree with op, i have a pixi plus on verizon and a sprint pre there both rock solid. 1.4 is great.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol Warblad... I've seen you around since I came here around last year June.
    You talk up Palm a LOT, lol.

Especially when they don't need to be talked up.
    Many times Palm has been at a low and the device is great and all, but subtle things like launcher speed or scrolling speed makes this device a very unusable product nowadays, especially with products out like the Iphone and Droid which are smooth as silk.

However, I also agree that many people don't know how to use their phone. Since its a bunch of Pre enthusiasts on this forum, the Palm Pre does get a pretty good workup.
    I did the testing for the 720 and 800 kernel a while ago. I chose 720 and it was fast enough so that the UI was smooth.
    Interestingly enough, it all depends on the user on whether they think the phone is good or not. Also, it depends on how they abuse the phone to fit their liking.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    He was probably expecting new hardware in the OTA update.
    lol
    i was hoping it to have the the ability to kill Tr0lls
    I am very happy with the current pace of Palm updates.
    Some poeple are never happy.
    I'll just say love is blind, especially when looking through rose-covered glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post

It's like they think it's so easy to get something done, why is it so hard for Palm..

Heh, well then go get a job at Palm and get it done, since you must know what's best for the company.

If other OS's are passing webOS by, go get one of those phones.. no one said you have to stick with Palm and webOS. We have options.. so exercise them.
    I'm not sure what the intent of this thread is. Trolling for trolls? Just messing with you folks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I'm not sure what the intent of this thread is. Trolling for trolls? Just messing with you folks.
    Thats exactly what it is. Plus the op looks 12, so his constant troll fighting, like he's frodo or something isn't surprising at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Thats exactly what it is. Plus the op looks 12, so his constant troll fighting, like he's frodo or something isn't surprising at all.
    Heh heh heh...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast