Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I'm not sure what the intent of this thread is. Trolling for trolls? Just messing with you folks.
    This thread is troll bait. It lures them out so we can catch them, cage them, and send them far away so we never have to deal with them again.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Thats exactly what it is. Plus the op looks 12, so his constant troll fighting, like he's frodo or something isn't surprising at all.
    i look 12! thank you i am 25
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i never said anyone was trolling
    Pssst....double check your thread title.
  4. #24  
    I'm close to heading to a moment anyway. Replacing these replacements are getting tiresome. Sucks because it's finally catching up to the rest of the smartphone world, but the hardware is killing me. Gonna start deducting gas money out of my phone bill soon.
  5. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Maybe he writes code everyday and actually knows what he's talking about...
    Maybe he expects a company like Palm, that's about to go under any minute now, to step up to the plate and do something to save themselves...
    hmmm...
    Except if you wrote code for real engineering projects, like an OS, you would know everything can't be fixed even given a 6 month time span. They'll be fixing stuff probably clear into, god willing, WebOS 3.0.

    You can't kick an engineer in the *** and expect a better product out of him. They are fixing and adding stuff EXTREMELY quickly compared to other companies in the market.
  6. #26  
    Code Monkey say troller write that ... login page yourself!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  7. #27  
    I'd say the trolling goes both ways, first of all, idiots reply to the troll and let the thread live, second of all, sometimes the attackers actually have valid points, and the response from fellow Palm trolls is even gayer.

    Either way the best thing to do is click back in your browser, and ignore the thread.
  8. tarhead's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #28  
    really all just about the ultimate universal glue isn't it?

    I came off of a 755 - the ultimate palmerater on my books - a total work horse (still use it).

    now I have a gizmo that connects every possible way I have of goofing off & puts the world at my fingertips...

    when I got it - it was a confused little alien egg - now it has turned into the ultimate information chaser. nobody asks a question they don't want answered when i'm around.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    really all just about the ultimate universal glue isn't it?

    I came off of a 755 - the ultimate palmerater on my books - a total work horse (still use it).

    now I have a gizmo that connects every possible way I have of goofing off & puts the world at my fingertips...

    when I got it - it was a confused little alien egg - now it has turned into the ultimate information chaser. nobody asks a question they don't want answered when i'm around.
    huh?
  10. #30  
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  11. #31  
    I also agree with the OP, I got my Pre in June and it is still performing nicely, no oreo, no cracked screen, broken buttons (how many people admit they drop their phones and damage them) and dead pixels. Battery life is good now and my pre does everything I need done when I am out in the field away from my computer. Both my kid's Pres are still going strong too. We all love webOS and the 1.4 update was great with the addition of video recording along with improvement in speed and battery life plus other features.
  12. #32  
    If everyone that has a complaint, followed the advice of some people on here (go get another phone) then Palm would certainly be out of business. Some complaints are legitimate.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    really all just about the ultimate universal glue isn't it?

    I came off of a 755 - the ultimate palmerater on my books - a total work horse (still use it).

    now I have a gizmo that connects every possible way I have of goofing off & puts the world at my fingertips...
    ...
    To add to that, I fully expect that the Pre will advance in usability and functionality like the Palm Pilot did, except at a much faster rate (if the past 9 months are any indication).

    People tend to remember the good, and forget the bad. The Pilot was a pretty sad device compared to what it eventually morphed into. And that change took a long time.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I also agree with the OP, I got my Pre in June and it is still performing nicely, no oreo, no cracked screen, broken buttons (how many people admit they drop their phones and damage them) and dead pixels. Battery life is good now and my pre does everything I need done when I am out in the field away from my computer. Both my kid's Pres are still going strong too. We all love webOS and the 1.4 update was great with the addition of video recording along with improvement in speed and battery life plus other features.
    I had a launch pre also, no oreo no pixels no nothing, then the speaker went out for no reason, then the replacement had whites streakes all over the screen, and its replacment had buttons that didnt work, it's replacments sensors ended up going out,its replacement had several dead pixels but felt tight so i kept it, until it started cracking around the power button, its replacement felt good but white streaks on the screen, its replacments volume button doesnt work, thats been a week, i havent gone back to sprint yet to replace it.. none of those are from phone drops, its lack of quality. something the others brands seem to have.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To add to that, I fully expect that the Pre will advance in usability and functionality like the Palm Pilot did, except at a much faster rate (if the past 9 months are any indication).

    People tend to remember the good, and forget the bad. The Pilot was a pretty sad device compared to what it eventually morphed into. And that change took a long time.
    this is 2010
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    lol
    i was hoping it to have the the ability to kill Tr0lls
    Don't suppose you count yourself in amongst their ranks?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    this is 2010
    And your point is??
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post

    ...now I have a gizmo that connects every possible way I have of goofing off & puts the world at my fingertips...

    when I got it - it was a confused little alien egg - now it has turned into the ultimate information chaser. nobody asks a question they don't want answered when i'm around.
    haha! i love this. sooo perfect! it totally connects every way of goofing off. i remember a review suggesting that it was the ultimate phone for the "hyper-connected" and it so is. the second paragraph rings true in my experience as well.

    well played, sir.
  19. #39  
    You know whats awesome? my new replacement, yesterday, for the phone from last week, has bleaching on both sides of the screen.

    @hp.... I shouldn't have to explain my point, your example was silly and old, sorry. All devices were pretty sad back then, again this is 2010.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I had a launch pre also, no oreo no pixels no nothing, then the speaker went out for no reason, then the replacement had whites streakes all over the screen, and its replacment had buttons that didnt work, it's replacments sensors ended up going out,its replacement had several dead pixels but felt tight so i kept it, until it started cracking around the power button, its replacement felt good but white streaks on the screen, its replacments volume button doesnt work, thats been a week, i havent gone back to sprint yet to replace it.. none of those are from phone drops, its lack of quality. something the others brands seem to have.
    Let's see, before my Pre I put up had to replace my crappy Blackberry phone and before that I had to replace my crappy LG twice. Moral of the story, all brands have problems.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions