Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    why-palm-phones-are-flopping: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Every one loves to Bitc* and moan after 1.4 is released. Seems the timing is odd. Palm isnt getting any love from no one.

Yes I searched no I didnt see this type of thread about the article. And no I am not trying to just bring up bad new, uhhh no I am not a troll.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    As an investor in Palm, I too am a very disappointed. I'm still holding on to my stock (bought at 15+ and now hovering at 6) but after this latest article, I do think "Palm" is pulling the wool over our eyes.

I do hope that Palm can pull a rabbit out of they're hat, but I will no longer believe that they are straight with us ------ PERIOD !!!!!!

Lying to the public and the investors that all production has stopped due to the Chinese New Year is a joke. Carriers have stopped order of phones due to poor sales and Palm has clearly hidden the facts

I don't post much so I can't ad the link (hopfully someone can) "cnbc.com/id/35607982"
    Last edited by Slash X; 02/28/2010 at 10:23 AM.
    The first article only reiterates what was released day before yesterday. The letter from Rubi was even on the main page here. I don't think there really is any sense in denying the fact that Verizon did indeed drop the ball. Not that Palms in house ads were any better, but Sprint's partner ads with Palm were leaps and bounds above the mom commercials.
  4.    #4  
    Who thinks Palm releasing the Pre with Verizon first after 1.4 was out would have been better. I think releasing the phone back on 06-06-09 with out a lot of key features was a failure. And the updates were little to late to sway public opinion about the phone?

On the other hand Palm needed to get the cash flowing and financially needed to release it back in June 09.
    well they promised video recording since it was released in June "very soon" and it was released almost a year after.... a lot of people have the right to be ticked off and not wait in the dark for normal features and promises of a better tommorow

im a big Palm supporter but im getting really worried for them now and might consider moving on to a platform with a more solid future...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    As an investor in Palm, I too am a very disappointed. I've still holding on to my stock (bought at 15+ and now hovering at 6) but after this latest article, I do think "Palm" is pulling the wool over our eyes.

I do hope that Palm can pull a rabbit out of they're hat, but I will no longer believe that they are straight with us ------ PERIOD !!!!!!

Lying to the public and the investors that all production has stopped due to the Chinese New Year is a joke. Carriers have stopped order of phones due to poor sales and Palm has clearly hidden the facts

I don't post much so I can't ad the link (hopfully someone can) "cnbc.com/id/35607982"
    We are so on the same page, i hesitated and finally bought at 15.
    Price targets of $20 and acquisition talk has kept me holding but now at close to 7 it doesn't look good. I may just dump it for a 60% loss or just hold out and hope Nokia takes them over...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    We are so on the same page, i hesitated and finally bought at 15.
    Price targets of $20 and acquisition talk has kept me holding but now at close to 7 it doesn't look good. I may just dump it for a 60% loss or just hold out and hope Nokia takes them over...
    While I'm not that worried about the price of this stock (I own little enough shares to really effect my portfolio) I am ticked that Palm would try to pull this one off. (I'm not that naive but COME ON NOW Palm)

I know, I've threatened to jump ship also but I'm now just going to ride this train either into the station or into it's derailment.

It's just discusting to have a peak inside of Palms underpinnings to find out that most of the posts that describe Palm (not posting sale through data) were for a very clear reason. Sales Sucked !!!!

With Analysts now furious, it does little to help Palm survive this free fall in stocks, no matter which way you view the Dow and Palm

I only can hope that Palm cleans it's act up and can release a (Quality Device) to compliment the great OS before they run out of money.
    Last edited by Slash X; 02/28/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    While I'm not that worried about the price of this stock (I own little enough shares to really effect my portfolio) I am ticked that Palm would try to pull this one off. (I'm not that naive but COME ON NOW Palm)

I know, I've threatened to jump ship also but I'm now just going to ride this train either into the station or into it's derailment.

It's just discussing to have a peak inside of Palms underpinnings to find out that most of the posts that describe Palm (not posting sale through data) were for a very clear reason. Sales Sucked !!!!

With Analysts now furious, it does little to help Palm survive this free fall in stocks, not matter which way you view the Dow and Palm

I only can hope that Palm cleans it's act up and can release a (Quality Device) to compliment the great OS before they run out of money.
    my investment is minimal also so not too worried

WebOs could have really taken off with the right marketing...i mean forget the quality issues and the buggy os..android has those too...but damn if those stupid palm "creepy girl" commercials didn't sink them..what where they thinking???
    if palm releases the pre plus and pixi plus on at&t then that will be the stupdiest mistake they make. No one wants a pre any more they want new hardware.
    I would imagine that the goal of getting the Pre / Pixi on AT&T, even if sales aren't tremendous, is to incre-e total distribution and thus encourage app development.
    if come june/july there is not a sprint 4g palm device out palm is done, but I'm confident ruby won't slip up.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Well... release the Plus' to Sprint, if in fact VZ didn't meet expectations.
    I agree with the comment that the lack of some key features hurt sales quite a bit. The features didn't need to be there in June 2009, but they needed to be there before all the new android devices hit, by October at the latest. Had visual voice, video recording, 3D games, a really good Palm music sync app other than iTunes, and things like that been available sooner, they might have gotten more momentum heading into the fall. Instead, Droid and Hero and the iPhone 3Gs sucked up all the air in the room.

It's not over by a long shot, and I still think WebOS is great. They are fighting right now, and it remains an uphill battle for them.

It is not necessarily Palm's fault that it was unable to execute sooner, it was just that they have fewer resources than their competitors, and the timing hurt them. Had they released 6 months sooner, the Pre would have taken the world by storm. On the other hand, had they released 6 months later, they would have been dead in the water. In life, timing is everything.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Palms strategy was never to try and be on the cutting edge of handsets. If I remember correctly they were trying to position themselves in the "fat" middle of the market.

Their current line up Pre/Pixi are staying true to this strategy, unfortunately the pricing of the competitions "high end" phones are the roughly the same price as palms "middle of the line" phones.

The only thing that would sway potential customers to Palm devices is webos and again unfortunately marketing did a poor job getting the word out what makes webos so special.

So to sum up my ramblings, the hardware on palms handsets are nothing special and the webos which is special was never properly marketed.

not sure whats palms next move
    Maybe it will be the Pre2.
    No one on ATT would buy a Pre over an Iphone for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    if palm releases the pre plus and pixi plus on at&t then that will be the stupdiest mistake they make. No one wants a pre any more they want new hardware.
    It was great in Dec 08 when Palm stock dropped below $3.00 - easy money when it hit $15 as the Pre was released. I'm certain it's going to go below $4.00 this time and I'll pounce again - news of a buyout (due this year based on past Elevation Partners actions) will send it back into the teens.
    Palm will win with the Pre 2 if its 4G , 4 inch screen , dual core processor,
    Landscape keyboard with no oreo.
  18. JSX
    I think Palms marketing has been terrible. The creepy girl, and the the Well mom can use it marketing, needed to be better. (I realize palm wasnt responsible for this, but its their device and they should have seen to it it was done better)

Second I dont understand why the Pre lacked features that I had on my Razr in 2006. and that were on WinMo 6.0 in 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Maybe it will be the Pre2.
    No one on ATT would buy a Pre over an Iphone for the same price.
    If I were on AT&T I would, because the iphone is a piece of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I agree with the comment that the lack of some key features hurt sales quite a bit. The features didn't need to be there in June 2009, but they needed to be there before all the new android devices hit, by October at the latest. Had visual voice, video recording, 3D games, a really good Palm music sync app other than iTunes, and things like that been available sooner, they might have gotten more momentum heading into the fall. Instead, Droid and Hero and the iPhone 3Gs sucked up all the air in the room.

It's not over by a long shot, and I still think WebOS is great. They are fighting right now, and it remains an uphill battle for them.

It is not necessarily Palm's fault that it was unable to execute sooner, it was just that they have fewer resources than their competitors, and the timing hurt them. Had they released 6 months sooner, the Pre would have taken the world by storm. On the other hand, had they released 6 months later, they would have been dead in the water. In life, timing is everything.
    They spent their resources on the "Foleo" Palm should have given us the "Web Os" when Apple released the Iphone. I was a die hard palm user but Palm would not take care of us. I am with Htc Hero now. I got the treo 600 3 x's before I kept it. And the 650 was so nice!! Palm why have you driven yourself into the ground?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast