Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    anybody else getting, cant find and bad url message?
    I think its related to update, you think palm may have blocked?
    Please be more descriptive with your issue.

Palm hasn't blocked anything and pretty much supports homebrew IMO, thousands of people have used WebOS QI and Preware since updating to 1.4
    I'm having trouble with it too...when I try to go to tweaks...it either says "please wait" forever and I have to kill it in task manager...or I get an error, something like "cannot retrieve updates", or something to that effect..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Haven't tried it today but last night my experience was just as xBRIMSTON3x described.
    Jason has said that things are slow that are tied to the WebOS Internals servers. Give it a chance for the update chaos to slow down a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    ... you think palm may have blocked?
    What a funny thing to think, I expect you subscribe to the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll theory too

The problem was related to the 1.4 update, but only in that so many users of webOS Quick Install and Preware were updating their patches, which involves accessing the webOS Quick Install servers, that their system was overloaded and running slow. They put on extra servers later in the day which more or less cured the problem until the rush was over.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    u guys are right servers too busy, things are back to normal, I can install without any errors. i would think sprint and palm would be against homebrew third party unsupported software being loaded on phone. Once I forget to uninstall before doing update and phone turned into break, had to change it out. anyway things are back to normal. Thanks for feed back.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    ... i would think sprint and palm would be against homebrew third party unsupported software being loaded on phone...
    Not at all, Palm actually left a Backdoor to allow homebrew, and then told a few people where it was and how o open it

That's what makes webOS much more exciting than the iPhone in the long run
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    i keep getting error reading package list and the gnu and diffstat patches wont install
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Im gettin errors as well.I even removed all patches and that didnt seem to work! it even went thru the whole process all the way to complete! but my 4x4 is still there and i figure the rest of my patches as well.I was tryin to remove multi-mod cause my browser is not workin now.Looks like im stuck anyway around this???
    I am having problems with Preware today, it was working fine yesterday but everytime I launch it today it kills my Pre and I have to pull the battery out. Are they having issues or is it my Pre?
    It's because everybody is trying to use it at once - it's frustrating, but be patient.