Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    compression needs working on by Palm, i took an 8 second video of my TV showing a football ( soccer :-) ) match and it is 4mb, that works out at 1.8gb per hour of video. decent quality xvid/divx will produce a file size of about 450mb per hour at bigger resolution but at 25fps.
    Mind you doesnt matter one bit on O2 (uk) at the moment as we are unable to send or receive MMS video :-(
    This is what I got in decent lighting.

vid.JPG

I took a second vid in very low lighting but it was the same length as the decent lighting vid and the file size almost doubled.

I took a third vid in very low lighting (same length with respect to time as the 2nd vid) but I used the LED flash and the size of the file wasn't as large as the 2nd vid w/o the LED flash enabled.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    lighting, moving, etc,

one thing is for sure:

the fps is NOT constant all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    lighting, moving, etc,

one thing is for sure:

the fps is NOT constant all the time
    I believe you're correct but I'm good with the vid. I'll expect better performance from the PRe2.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This is what I got in decent lighting.

vid.JPG

I took a second vid in very low lighting but it was the same length as the decent lighting vid and the file size almost doubled.

I took a third vid in very low lighting (same length with respect to time as the 2nd vid) but I used the LED flash and the size of the file wasn't as large as the 2nd vid w/o the LED flash enabled.
    What was your file size per second of video?
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    I think video quality looks great that is until you send it via picture mail... then it look all blocky and quite horrible.. anyone know why that is?
    It seems from the other threads, that when you MMS a video it is converted by various methods to attempt to make it fit the file size cap for your carrier. That would explain the lesser quality AFTER sending.
    I swear, I am not a neophyte on this....but is there any way to rotate 180 degrees? I was on vacation, and my one and only video is of some street singers....emailed it and lo and behold....it's upside down.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123