Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Having big problems following the 1.4 update --

When I launch the web browser, it comes up fine, but if I tap on any of the bookmarks, it shows the URL in the address bar with an arrow pointing right at the very end of the address bar, and it just stays there, no refresh icon, no movement, no nothing.

If I tap on a URL within an e-mail, it brings up the web browser with the entire screen completely white, and just stays there - again no refresh icon or anything else.

In both cases I can shrink the browser to a card and slide it away without problems, I just can't get go to any web page.

I had a notion that one of the browser plugins I reinstalled after updating to 1.4 might be the problem, but I am not able to get Preware to work at all now - when I launch Preware, it goes to the "Downloading feed information" screen for about 30 seconds and then freezes, with a "Memory critical - too many cards" notification at the bottom. At this point, the entire device won't respond to anything - I have to resort to removing and replacing the battery to restart it.

Any ideas what could be causing these problems and what I might be able to do about it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    If you have multimode patch installed, to ahead and remove it
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Any way to remove it without Preware? Unable to get Preware to work (see last paragraph above)...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I went through that last night. I had to DR. my pre back to 1.3.5. No preware for me for a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any way to remove it without Preware? Unable to get Preware to work (see last paragraph above)...
    webOS Quick Install will remove it

+1 on multimod patch being the issue
    As for preware, see http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html to get it working again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    +1 on multimod patch being the issue
    Well that is one of the patches I reinstalled after updating so I will remove it if I can get Preware working again. I'm at work right now so can't use WOSQI, will try when I get home.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I've never installed the multi-mod patch and my browser quit working. I've already uninstalled every patch I had on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    are you sure is the multimode patch?? for me, this issue started today 28feb.

1.4 was fine with the multimode patch before
    Multi Mod has always caused issues, IMO. Just remove it alltogether and you should be fine.
    Multi Mod has always caused issues, IMO. Just remove it alltogether and you should be fine.
    ok, what about the email app? is acting up too, starting today.. it won't load
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had the EXACT same problem as the o.p. w/ my web browser. My preware was working however, so I was able to remove the multimod patch and it fixed my issue. Thanks very much for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    ok, what about the email app? is acting up too, starting today.. it won't load
    My email is loading without a problem. Maybe another patch problem?
  14.    #14  
    Didn't cause me any problems before the update...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Didn't cause me any problems before the update...
    Trust me, Multi Mod is having issues, especially AFTER the update. Just remove it and you'll be happy, lol.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    lol it's def mulit mod and always has been in past issues
    Same here. With mulit mod, browser won't load a page. Without, it works fine.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    THanks for that...was having this issue since the 1.4 update hit and it was driving me crazy. Removing the multi-mod patch did the trick.
    Same for me!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip! You all are amazing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast