Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Did address book import export not make it into this update?

    What does palm mean in their feature list "If you import a Mac Address Book contact, all contact fields display correctly in the Contacts application."

    I have not found any info anywhere on this.


    MTB
  2. bobvanjr's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #2  
    I really hope they've come up with something as I'd like to export my wifes data into Gmail.
  3. #3  
    I'm not 100% this is new, but I tjink it is. tYou can now "send" anyy of your conts via a vcf file.You can import contacts the same way. Don't think they had this before. Not quite what I was expecting.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm not 100% this is new, but I tjink it is. tYou can now "send" anyy of your conts via a vcf file.You can import contacts the same way. Don't think they had this before. Not quite what I was expecting.
    Your right, that came in 1.3.1 (I think). I've used it a few time in the last month or so.

    The way the change log made it sound was that you could take all of your contacts, pack them up in a vcard and you could export it to other accts.

    I was looking for it last night & couldn't find it anywhere on the Pre. Either in the contacts app or the email app.

    Anyone else???
  5.    #5  
    So how do you export the vcard, i cant even find that feature.

    MTB
  6. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTechBri View Post
    So how do you export the vcard, i cant even find that feature.

    MTB
    Open a contact and select contact - send contact.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTechBri View Post
    So how do you export the vcard, i cant even find that feature.

    MTB
    Install (send all contacts via email) patch using preware - this patch allows you to create a vCard file containing all your contacts, and then attach that file to an email.

    My issue has been once I got teh file saved to my computer, I didnt know how to unzip the freakin file since google couldnt read it when I tried to import
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTechBri View Post
    So how do you export the vcard, i cant even find that feature.

    MTB
    Go to the contact you want to send in the contacts app.

    Open the drop down menu & select "Send Contact"

    Here you can do 3 things, Send to Car Kit, Send SMS or Send Email.

    I don't really know about the car kit option(never used it) but the SMS & Email option opens a new SMS or Email with a vcard of that contact. You just have to address it to how you want it to go to & send it.

    Hope that helps ya.
  9. zepolant's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #9  
    I agree download the patch from Preware to send all contacts via email.
  10. bobvanjr's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #10  
    Here's what happened to me if someone can help. I bought a Pre for myself. I set it up and set up Palm profile. I didn't import my old Centro data with the DTA assistant because I wanted to clean stuff up. I entered it all on the phone because I thought once I added my Gmail account to the phone it would all transfer over. WRONG! I should have set up the Gmail account first and then added all of my contacts. Lesson learned.

    My wife thought the Pre was so cool I bought her one a few days later. This was before I learned my lesson and where my BIG problem comes in. She has 400 or so contacts, 10 yrs of calendar stuff, all kinds of data on her Centro and in Palm Desktop. Sprint had just replaced her Centro due to a broken button and unknown to me, transferred over her contacts only. I maintain her stuff so she didn't know I was just going to restore it with Palm Desktop or the card backup. Anyways, I synced it and thought all was well. I took her new Pre, ran DTA, and transferred all her stuff over to the Pre with Palm profile as her default account. Now she has THREE copies of all her contacts. I just set her up with a Gmail and want to export all her stuff there.

    Running DTA to Google would make it end up with 4 copies right? I don't want to manually remove them one by one off her phone. I also don't want to run DTA and mess up all the changes she has made to her calendar since getting the Pre.

    I was so enamored by the wonderful idea of the Palm profile backup AND I thought synergy would allow me to just add Gmail and have it all magically sync.

    Sorry for the Hijack of the thread and also for the length of the question, but I hope this post and hopefully an answer may help some future/current Pre owners.

    So, how can I remove ALL of her contacts from the phone..WITHOUT MESSING UP HER CALENDAR..and get her Palm desktop contacts into Google?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvanjr View Post
    Here's what happened to me if someone can help. I bought a Pre for myself. I set it up and set up Palm profile. I didn't import my old Centro data with the DTA assistant because I wanted to clean stuff up. I entered it all on the phone because I thought once I added my Gmail account to the phone it would all transfer over. WRONG! I should have set up the Gmail account first and then added all of my contacts. Lesson learned.

    My wife thought the Pre was so cool I bought her one a few days later. This was before I learned my lesson and where my BIG problem comes in. She has 400 or so contacts, 10 yrs of calendar stuff, all kinds of data on her Centro and in Palm Desktop. Sprint had just replaced her Centro due to a broken button and unknown to me, transferred over her contacts only. I maintain her stuff so she didn't know I was just going to restore it with Palm Desktop or the card backup. Anyways, I synced it and thought all was well. I took her new Pre, ran DTA, and transferred all her stuff over to the Pre with Palm profile as her default account. Now she has THREE copies of all her contacts. I just set her up with a Gmail and want to export all her stuff there.

    Running DTA to Google would make it end up with 4 copies right? I don't want to manually remove them one by one off her phone. I also don't want to run DTA and mess up all the changes she has made to her calendar since getting the Pre.

    I was so enamored by the wonderful idea of the Palm profile backup AND I thought synergy would allow me to just add Gmail and have it all magically sync.

    Sorry for the Hijack of the thread and also for the length of the question, but I hope this post and hopefully an answer may help some future/current Pre owners.

    So, how can I remove ALL of her contacts from the phone..WITHOUT MESSING UP HER CALENDAR..and get her Palm desktop contacts into Google?
    1) lol, had to laugh b/c Palm's contact issues will make all of us cry. Synergy will sync duplicate contacts under 1 contact. Calendar, contacts, etc are all independent of each other, so you could delete the google contacts and still have google email and calendar.

    2) If you got all contacts in google and other places, go to a sprint store, or call palm to figure out how to delete all from their server

    3) There is a patch in preware that allows you to save all contacts as a vCard, then send as an email which you can then figure out how to transport to a csv file, or import as a vCard to google.

Posting Permissions