1.    #1  
    Had a treo 600 and now using a Centro. Can I transfer all my 3rd party application programs from my Centro to the Pre or the Pixi? How? Same way from the 600 to the Centro?
    there is a palm classic app in the catalog, that converts old apps to the pre or pixi. and go with the pre over the pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bz View Post
    Had a treo 600 and now using a Centro. Can I transfer all my 3rd party application programs from my Centro to the Pre or the Pixi? How? Same way from the 600 to the Centro?
    I don't know if it be that easy. Perhaps you should consider of making a "reset" and use the apps aviable for the Pre. I don't miss the old Palm OS. But a thanks for the thought of buying a Pre or Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bz View Post
    Simple answer? No.

It is not a clean transfer of all of your 3rd party apps from Palm to Pre/webOS. Do a search using "Classic" and you will find that sometimes things work well, other times it's frustrating.

I've had Palms for years and was also worried about the transition. I have made a clean break and decided not to install Classic- I want to use the Pre as is and not struggle trying to force my old apps on the new OS. I love the Pre. I'm finding new apps to "replace' the palmOS apps, and other software such as Epocrates is better on the new platform.

Are there a couple things on my Treo that I still don't have on the Pre yet? Sure, but the Pre is making up the difference by doing things the Treo never could!

Good luck!
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for the help. It is really sad to hear that Palm did not consider much of the old palm user before bringing out the pre and depended solely on Classic. Maybe they were considering more the non Treo owners with Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1 View Post
    Simple answer? No.

It is not a clean transfer of all of your 3rd party apps from Palm to Pre/webOS. Do a search using "Classic" and you will find that sometimes things work well, other times it's frustrating.

I've had Palms for years and was also worried about the transition. I have made a clean break and decided not to install Classic- I want to use the Pre as is and not struggle trying to force my old apps on the new OS. I love the Pre. I'm finding new apps to "replace' the palmOS apps, and other software such as Epocrates is better on the new platform.

Are there a couple things on my Treo that I still don't have on the Pre yet? Sure, but the Pre is making up the difference by doing things the Treo never could!

Good luck!
    +1