Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wonderful, 1.4 enables video but try sending one to an O2 PRE and you get the following message.
    "You've been sent a media message from (mobile number) that your mobile doesn't support. View it at www.)2.co.uk/m by typing in your mobile number and pinpin number)
    call back #: O2_Alert

Whats the point!!!!!!!!!
    Urgh, O2's lack of network support for it's very own flagship exclusive smartphone, the Palm Pre, is beyond disgusting in every sense of the word.
  3.    #3  
    And im still waiting for a resolution to the MMS picture quality issue as raised in another thread http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...e-quality.html
    +1.

I was one of the lucky ones to get webOS 1.4.0 a day early, and MMS was still not fixed, you'd think O2 (who apparantly "approve" the update, would make sure one of the new features (video) would properly work)

Hell, do they even test the update? I'm sure something as simple as sending a MMS video should have been spotted straight away.

Will be getting on the phone to them tomorrow morning about this, though i personally dont really use MMS much, this is basic and should work.
  5.    #5  
    I to will be calling them as the promised "will get back to you in 5 days" is now on day 6. At first they blamed it on the Pre but another Precentral member in the UK tested MMS pictures with a Virgin sim and didn't get the same quality issues as displayed when using an O2 sim
    Sharpcroft - if you want to check if this (video) is an O2 or Pre problem - I'm now on 1.4 and willing to participate in experiments again.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  7.    #7  
    ok will take a quick video and MMS it to you in a few mins, have you tried MMSing a video to yourself with the Virgin sim? Can you also send me a short video clip
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Sharpcroft - if you want to check if this (video) is an O2 or Pre problem - I'm now on 1.4 and willing to participate in experiments again.
    Short video sent to your number at 16:33 according to the messaging app
  9.    #9  
    @marshalla99
    just got a message failed to send error, will try again 16:44

EDIT: Failed again :-( can you send me a video?
    Last edited by sharpcroft; 02/28/2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Me and my girlfriend have the same problems, both on o2 uk with pre`s, im gonna be giving them a ring tomorrow too because its disgusting how much we pay a month for these yet some of the basic functions are broken
  11.    #11  
    Please do ring them , the more people we can get complaining the quicker ( i hope) they will fix it. Have you got the problem with both MMS pictures and video?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    yes im having trouble with both
    Tried MMS'ing a video to myself. Sending Failed - Network Error.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    @marshalla99
    just got a message failed to send error, will try again 16:44

EDIT: Failed again :-( can you send me a video?
    Only just noticed the reply - didn't get a notification that a message had arrived, but checked and there was 3 second clip of some footie from you at 16:41.

I sent some Chris Tarrant back at 18:04

To summarise : all MMS from O2 to Virgin seems to arrive OK
    Going from Virgin to O2 - gets messed up by O2 (we can say that because O2 to O2 also gets messed up while Virgin to Virgin works fine)
    Last edited by marshalla99; 02/28/2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  15.    #15  
    Yep, after testing, O2 pre to O2 pre, can view the video online but its reduced from 640x480 to 352x288, can view on the Pre you get a system message telling you to view the video at the 02.co.uk/m site.
    O2 pre to virgin pre video arrives and can be viewed (again reduced quality)
    Virgin pre to Virgin pre as above.
    Virgin pre to O2 pre, view online message received again.
    Yet again, same as picture MMS it an O2 problem not a pre problem.....
  16.    #16  
    Latest update from O2,
    "my manager told me the Palm Pre does not support video recording you must have installed a 3rd party app thats why video MMS doesnt work"
    LOL after i had explained the 1.4 update and received much apologies from their side a ticket has now been raised into yet another O2 balls up.....at least, like the picture MMS, they now accept that there is a network and not a Palm Pre problem....
    Can't receive MMS with my Pre on o2...Should i configurate something special?
  18.    #18  
    you should be able to receive MMS pictures, take a pic with your Pre and send it back to its self......post your findings.
    MMS video is still broke.
    MMS video seems to work for me now....
    It didn't work when I mms myself but I will try again...
  20.    #20  
    Found another problem, cross network MMS seems to be a problem, couldnt download a picture attachment a friend sent me from an 07912 number????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast