1.    #1  
    Some of you have mentioned problems with Preware since the 1.4 update. Well, if your issues with Preware are the same as mine (and it sounds like they are), you may soon find that ALL homebrew paths are broken: WOSQI, Preware, and FIlecoaster will never load, give you the "memory critical" message, and then crash your Pre.

Anyway, much as I hate to do it, I'm going to Doctor my Pre and start all over
    I personally am getting tired of all these updates. But, I did notice that yesterday that Preware was not loading the feeds, but today things do seem a bit better.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCrzy View Post
    I personally am getting tired of all these updates. But, I did notice that yesterday that Preware was not loading the feeds, but today things do seem a bit better.
    Yeah, I've been reading about server issues, but I don't see why that would completely freeze a phone up. And it's not just Preware.
    The best way to correct the situation is to contribute to WebOS Internals. Servers are not free and they had to bring up a second one last night to handle all the traffic.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had the same problem; however, I connected via quick install- which wouldn't recognize the pre as other people have stated--- solved that by reinstalling novacom via "file" then "options" then clicking attempt novacom reinstall.... so then to get pre to stop freezing up the phone- I had to unistall preware and package manager services through quick install- then reinstall package manager services first then reinstall preware.... now at least it just sits spinning on getting feeds- right now it seems to sit and spin on getting webosinternals feed. But no more memory error or random cycling. *edit : after reinstalling package manager service and then preware, reboot the phone- then run preware -- i got passed the feeds and preware started!!!!!!!!!!!