View Poll Results: Will you be sticking/reverting back to 1.3.51?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be using 1.3.5.1

16 6.72%
  • No, I am sticking with 1.4

222 93.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.4 seems slow and laggy for me...went back to 1.3.5.1 for now (until flash is released)

anyone else sticking with 1.3.5.1?

yes or no? and explain why..I like to know

edit: now that the 800mhz patch is out. anyone reverting to 1.3.5.1?
    Last edited by trim81; 03/16/2010 at 02:13 AM.
    of course not. 1.4 is a huge improvement. Did you try doing a full device erase plus webos doctor and THEN updating?
    I love 1.4, and other than a few little quirky things, that between the crew at internals and palm, Im sure will be resolved, I am sooo glad to have the Video capture.

To ME , this was really the only major thing missing from this phone, as my last few phones, (Centros) had it, and Ive come to being used to always having a way to capture lifes little moments.

For ME, Pre is now just about perfect.. (save the little quirky things, but I can live with those)
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

4.    #4  
    yeah, full doctoring...I felt that opening apps with the flash screen was too quirky and laggy -not a fan of it

however, I find video recording was EXCELLENT w. Jason's led patch <--that was the only good thing in 1.4 in my opinion
    I did doctored my phone with webos 1.2 doctor which erases everything and then redoctored it with doctor 1.4.0 and now it's way faster then when I just upgraded to 1.4
    As i advised, you definately need a redoctor
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    As i advised, you definately need a redoctor
    looks like majority vote to me...

I will probably give it another go when I have time (or as soon as flash hits the app catalog)

*been messing witht he Pre for about 2 days now, lol
    i doctord my pre and it reverted it 2 1.3.5.2 wher can i find the lastest doctor so i dont have 2 install 1.4 again after doctoring?
    I'm on 1.4 now, not a big fan of it. Am I ab
    e to go back to 1.3.5? Kinda new here...t.y
    I had problems updating but only with my patches, I ended up having to manually re-install all patches. I agree 1.4 seems laggy. I think I will try to doctor and see if it helps.
  11.    #11  
    all webos doctor versions here: (bookmark it for future)

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    1.4 seems slow and laggy for me...went back to 1.3.5.1 for now (until flash is released)

anyone else sticking with 1.3.5.1?

yes or no? and explain why..I like to know
    Dear SC/trim81:

You shouldn't go back in time: only the NCAA Rules Violation Committee can do that... Oops, sorry!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    LOL trim81, hopefully you'll like 1.4 better if you fresh doctor to it. I personally find 1.4 a big improvement on both of my phones, but it does seem that the pixi's (snappiness?) benefited more from the update than the pre.
    hey I sef hate my pre, as we speak I'm having trouble. I kust got tis 9 days ago and so far nun but problems and the 1.4 is causing mad peobleams hardly anything works but the recorder
    I did the same thing and totally agree with you. Phone is much faster and responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I did doctored my phone with webos 1.2 doctor which erases everything and then redoctored it with doctor 1.4.0 and now it's way faster then when I just upgraded to 1.4
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I've only had my Pre a week or two. I've gotten into the homebrew stuff and installed some patches before the update. Now they don't work. I'd like to try a full erase and doctor but I'm kinda scared. I have a few questions.

Do I only need to download and run the new 1.4 doctor or is there other software that will be needed?

How do I re-load my apps that I currently have? I understand that my paid apps will be remembered from my Palm Profile but how do I keep track of all of the freebies I use?

What about patches? The ones I currently have say there is no update for 1.4 when I run Preware? After the doctor will the patches I used to run then work with 1.4? How do I keep track of the patches I currently have so that I can re-load them? That info isn't stored anywhere is it?

I know that's a lot of questions but please be patient with me as I'm a newbie around here.

Thanks!
    1.4 destroyed my pre...now it won't boot. I'm trying everything at this point to avoid losing my first few videos and such...
    why would you want to go back to 1.3.5.1? I feel like I have a brand new phone with 1.4. It's so much more responsive and the transitions are great. I mean everything just seems to flow a whole lot better and the phone rarely seems to stumble like it used to. The browser is also much better.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I'm only thinking of going back to be able to run mobile hotspot again.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    jwinn - I'm sure that some sharp dude will figure out a way to run MHS on the Sprint pre again..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast