View Poll Results: Will you be sticking/reverting back to 1.3.51?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be using 1.3.5.1

16 6.72%
  • No, I am sticking with 1.4

222 93.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1.4 all the way everything has improved for me including speed and battery life throw in video recording and this is the best update so far can't wait till the next!
    Sorry 1.4 isn't working for you but its great for me!!!!!
    The speed and battery life is at least comparable with 1.3.5.1. Plus you get video multiple enhancements in the calendar and messaging plus it lays the groundwork for flash.

I'm just gonna suck it up and live with any buggyness I experience.
    Ooooh! That's smart! I didn't even think about being able to revert to 1.3.5.1 again!
    I may just do that because the most important patches I use (Multi Mod and PDF Redux) will not install with 1.4 and I really use those A LOT!! Well...Multi Mod WILL install...but you can't use the Web if you have it loaded. I mean...the Web is inaccessible with Multi Mod patched in...so don't use it!
    PDF Redux is essential for me...and I, for the life of me, cannot fathom why Palm didn't create the PDF viewer with the option of removing headers AND reading in landscape mode... There IS a "remove headers" patch available that works with 1.4....but I can't switch to Landscape mode because "PDF Redux" and "Enable PDF Landscape mode" patches will NOT install with 1.4 loaded! That really sucks!

Oh well...hopefully Palm will have an update to fix PDF viewer so that people can actually be productive using it instead of it being basically useless in the standard setting!

So..yes..I can totally see why reverting to 1.3.5.1 would be an option. Yeah..you might not have video recording/editing (and the editing IS very cool!) but, then again, I went without it for 9 months...and it's not like I really need to post things on You Tube or Facebook! Who am I...iJustine or Phil DeFranco?? Nope!! Lol
    I switched back. Even after a doctor back to 1.2 and a fresh 1.4 I got the critical memory error while doing nothing, battery was draining even while on the charger, and no mobile hot spot. I could live without the mobile hot spot for now, but my phone freezing up and not charging made it unusable.
    I'm torn. I really like the video recorder since I'm a parent but I reall miss the speed that my 800mhz patch gave me although one of the developers of the patch thinks it may have side effects. I was a tester for it and it worked great for the few days that I had it before 1.4 hit.
  6.    #26  
    only reason I went back to 1.35 is 800mhz.

omg my pre is on crack. Its soo dam fast
    Aren't they gonna force the updates eventually?

Could someone who has downgraded run the sunspider benchmark and give the URL with the results? SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark
    Run it with all other apps closed, just the web browser open. It will cycle through a bunch of tests and look like the page is reloading for a while and eventually give you the results and a link in order to compare them.

Here is what I get on 1.4:
    SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark Results

This should show an improvement in webkit performance, which leads to application performance in most cases (Except for compiled PDK software)
  8.    #28  
    @john there is a block update command script you can write to the pre

(pretty easy to do, look for it on the forum)
    Played around with 1.4 for awhile but didn't find it worth giving up mobile hotspot so I doctored back to 1.3.5.1. I'll wait to go back to 1.4 until someone figures out a way to get MHS working again and flash is available
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Aren't they gonna force the updates eventually?

Could someone who has downgraded run the sunspider benchmark and give the URL with the results? [url= JavaScript Benchmark[/url]
    Run it with all other apps closed, just the web browser open. It will cycle through a bunch of tests and look like the page is reloading for a while and eventually give you the results and a link in order to compare them.

Here is what I get on 1.4:
    [url= JavaScript Benchmark Results[/url]

This should show an improvement in webkit performance, which leads to application performance in most cases (Except for compiled PDK software)
    Yes, the phone will still force the update even if you Doctor back to 1.3.5. It will download the update in the background and then install when the phone is put on a charger. The only way to stop this is to kill the update daemon.
    Has anyone done an ota update without any kind of doctoring? Will all contacts and applications remain on the phone?
    can anyone please explain how to get back to 1 3 5 1 ? When I dr my wifes phone it goes all the way to 1 3 1 or whatever the original one was. And then will only update to 1.4, not 1.3.1. I used the last vers. Of web dr, last night and guess now they released the 1.4 vers, if this matters. TIA!
    I.4,,faster,full web pages that would be slow before,now it's almost like I have a laptop,,no problem surfing full web pages. Awsome,,dont use any facebook apps anymore. Just the full.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm sticking with 1.4.....really wanted the video.....yes I had some issues with the update(some patch things..mostly worked out no biggie)...and would like MHS back....I'm sure it will be......for the most part am happy with it.
    p.s. where is the flashlight patch for the video? homebrew? preware?
    thanks
    oly
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    can anyone please explain how to get back to 1 3 5 1 ? When I dr my wifes phone it goes all the way to 1 3 1 or whatever the original one was. And then will only update to 1.4, not 1.3.1. I used the last vers. Of web dr, last night and guess now they released the 1.4 vers, if this matters. TIA!
    Right on Palms website
    Palm Support : Revert your phone to a previous version of webOS

and you need the correct version of webos doc to put you to the version you want.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    is there an easy way to get it to stay on 1.3.5.1 . i really dont want to do this if its not like a patch or uninstalled easily . you know what i mean?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I noticed alot of patch issues as peoples reason to switch back....I say give it a few days....the patches will get updated...have already seen a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is there an easy way to get it to stay on 1.3.5.1 . i really dont want to do this if its not like a patch or uninstalled easily . you know what i mean?
    Its pretty easy, you type like 4 lines into the terminal app and then restart and you are done. To turn the update deamon back on is basically the same procedure.

Here is the wiki
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

I just ran the benchmark test a few posts up and destroyed the numbers he had (gotta love 800mhz)
    I stock with 1.3.5.1 until they upgrade Mobile Hotspot
    well I dloaded the 1351 vers of web dr, it tells me to connect phone and never will high light the next button. I'm on sprint andhave tried 2 pre's and it just won't do anything further. I know the phone is shwoing up to the pc, it ask to just charge and I've rebooted phone, pc, and novacom...... Any ideas as to the issue ?? TIA!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast