Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,

My GSM Pre updated to 1.4 via WebOsDoctor.
    I have some issues with new update;

- sometimes, lock screen is dissappearing. Launcher icons and lock icon displaying same time on the screen when I press the power button and wake up the device. I can drag lock icon and unlock device, bur fade effect doesn't shown. After manual reboot, its going to normal process.

Please see image below...

- sometimes, power button doesn't work when I press 4-5 times. Device doesn't wakeup. After 4-5 press, screen comes up and luna restarting.

Anybody has same issues like that?

lock_screen.jpg
    Last edited by cryptooth; 03/03/2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    I have the same. I don't know if using doctor will cure the problem, i'm just to lazy to check
    I have had the same issue. I noticed it when I was adding password settings. I had a complex full password on and it would reboot each time I pressed the power button. However I took the password off and it was fine. I then tried adding a simple number only password and it was still fine. After that I changed back to a complex password and it has not done it since....
    I have had this a couple of times as well. I also updated via webosdoctor. I dont have a password set.

Also, a couple of times when launching apps the splash screen has been displayed but the app doesnt load. I flick the splash screen out the way and it works on the second attempt.
    Yeah me too I'm having the same problem pressing the power button to unlock phone and then luna restarts...

Has anybody some idea how to fix it?
    Same issues here...very weird. At first I thought it had something to do with 1.4 and the patches on the device. After running webos doctor, nothing changed... So far it has only happend a couple of times... I could see it getting very annoying.
  7.    #7  
    I hope palm is monitoring this type of errors.
    i got this a few times. after a few resets and removing the multi mod patch this problem has so far not occured.
    Folks, this is might be an issue with package manager service and/or preware. I uninstalled both and all the above issues mentioned were eliminated. I highly suggest you try this until the webOS internals giys figure this one out.
    I have also been having the lock screen not displaying issue. And a few times I have noticed my phone luna restarts but I don't remember what I was doing at the time. Also this morning, I had email, and 2 browser cards open while I was updating my patches. My phone going pretty slow. After I had updated the patches, I went to card view and Preware was the only card there, all the other cards disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have also been having the lock screen not displaying issue. And a few times I have noticed my phone luna restarts but I don't remember what I was doing at the time. Also this morning, I had email, and 2 browser cards open while I was updating my patches. My phone going pretty slow. After I had updated the patches, I went to card view and Preware was the only card there, all the other cards disappeared.
    Uninstall package manager service and preware, me and a few other people had the same problem. after doing this, got solved.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    while in standby I missed some text messages then the phone rebooted all by its self and I had 5 new texts. I missed a booty call last night. This is unacceptable Palm....... o_O
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Mine does the first part of the OP's problems, everyday when my daily alarm goes off. I put it on the TS when I get up and it's back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    Hi there,

My GSM Pre updated to 1.4 via WebOsDoctor.
    I have some issues with new update;

- sometimes, lock screen is dissappearing. Launcher icons and lock icon displaying same time on the screen when I press the power button and wake up the device. I can drag lock icon and unlock device, bur fade effect doesn't shown. After manual reboot, its going to normal process.

- sometimes, power button doesn't work when I press 4-5 times. Device doesn't wakeup. After 4-5 press, screen comes up and luna restarting.

Anybody has same issues like that?
    Same problem as well... both of them... First one has happened ~2 times since my OTA update a few days ago, the second one has happened ~5 times... Have not found any specific cause... This really sucks :-(
  15.    #15  
    Did you find any solution?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Same problem as well... both of them... First one has happened ~2 times since my OTA update a few days ago, the second one has happened ~5 times... Have not found any specific cause... This really sucks :-(
    My PRE froze twice yesterday, screen black. I cannot allocate the freeze to a specific event. Power button did not work. I got it back by removing battery for +/-5 minutes. After reinserting the battery, the PRE started to boot and was normal.
    I had a spontaneous reboot today when an IM came in. Hmmmm.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by ezza123 View Post
    Yeah me too I'm having the same problem pressing the power button to unlock phone and then luna restarts...

Has anybody some idea how to fix it?
    It has been confirmed (just look in the /var/log/lunasysmgr.log file) that this is a bug in the proprietary Palm LunaSysMgr binary executable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Folks, this is might be an issue with package manager service and/or preware. I uninstalled both and all the above issues mentioned were eliminated. I highly suggest you try this until the webOS internals giys figure this one out.
    Uninstall package manager service and preware, me and a few other people had the same problem. after doing this, got solved.
    It has been confirmed that people who have virgin devices that have never been in dev mode and never run homebrew or patches are also experiencing this Palm bug. So while you may reduce the occurrence of the Palm bug by removing various programs, it's possible that other programs will still trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    are they even listening?
    WebOS Internals is listening, but there is nothing we can do to fix a bug in a proprietary Palm binary.

Your Palm webOS device "phones home" every time this problem occurs, with a full stack dump, including lots of other information that you may or may not know that Palm knows about (like the wifi access points that you have accessed recently, the list of packages on your device, the amount of time you have spent running each of those packages, etc ...) so Palm definitely knows about problem since they are getting an upload to their servers every time it occurs.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It has been confirmed (just look in the /var/log/lunasysmgr.log file) that this is a bug in the proprietary Palm LunaSysMgr binary executable.

It has been confirmed that people who have virgin devices that have never been in dev mode and never run homebrew or patches are also experiencing this Palm bug. So while you may reduce the occurrence of the Palm bug by removing various programs, it's possible that other programs will still trigger it.

WebOS Internals is listening, but there is nothing we can do to fix a bug in a proprietary Palm binary.

Your Palm webOS device "phones home" every time this problem occurs, with a full stack dump, including lots of other information that you may or may not know that Palm knows about (like the wifi access points that you have accessed recently, the list of packages on your device, the amount of time you have spent running each of those packages, etc ...) so Palm definitely knows about problem since they are getting an upload to their servers every time it occurs.

-- Rod
    I hope Palm will (must) make a new (little) sw update for this type of (fatal) errors.
    Its good to know Palm know about this. Its a frustrating problem but hopefully an update will be released soon. Thanks everyone for clarifying this, i thought it was something i did to my Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast