1.    #1  
    A friend sends me a video MMS, but I can only play the video. There's no option to save it, either from the messaging app, or from the video play screen.

The workaround I found was to forward the MMS through email to myself, and then download the video as an attachment.
    Try holding the "Orange" button down and tap the video thumbnail. See what that does (I don't have webOS anymore
  3.    #3  
    That doesn't work, but thank you for your suggestion. It's just a minor gripe, but one that seems like common sense... I've sent my feedback to Palm.
    You'll probably need a patch to do that in the same manner we need a patch to save mp3's from MMS.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    if you connect your PRE via USB and look in the .attachments folder, then the mms folder you can see number-named folders that contain the files that came attached to text messages.

The number named folders are a bit of a pain, like (12673624716538828), so you would need to sort them by date, to see what you are looking for
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    if you connect your PRE via USB and look in the .attachments folder, then the mms folder you can see number-named folders that contain the files that came attached to text messages.

The number named folders are a bit of a pain, like (12673624716538828), so you would need to sort them by date, to see what you are looking for
    Cool thanks, didn't know that. That's another workaround.
    yeah your pre saves everything you receive. You might not always be able to access it directly, but plugging into the computer usually does the trick.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    If you want to download an attached file from a text while on the go...

You need to install Internalz and FileMgr Service - Go here for more info...

Then browse to the /media/internal/.attachments/mms/ directory and dig through the folders and find the video,mp3 etc you want to save.

Then copy or move it to a folder in /media/internal/

And your done...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    If you want to download an attached file from a text while on the go...

You need to install Internalz and FileMgr Service - Go here for more info...

Then browse to the /media/internal/.attachments/mms/ directory and dig through the folders and find the video,mp3 etc you want to save.

Then copy or move it to a folder in /media/internal/

And your done...
    It would be cool if palm would allow you to save Audio and Video MMS. Maybe the next update. Hopefully Palm also allows you to attach videos larger than 600KB to send via MMS and Email
    I just sent a 39 second video to my son's pre (text message) and he was able to view it just fine. I think the receiving phone converts it to a smaller file so it can be viewed. I was told the 600KB rule also, but when I tried that (which is around 4 seconds) it still would not be viewable by the receiving party. The email is apparently limited to 10MB which is pretty big and I had no trouble with sending that.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You'll probably need a patch to do that in the same manner we need a patch to save mp3's from MMS.
    That should go down in history as the Pre's motto.

"You need a patch for that."

lol..