1.    #1  
    I'm sitting playing Mass Effect 2 when I notice my phone is off. I try to turn it on and nothing..power button will not turn the phone on. So i pull the battery and reboot and it wont get past the Boot screen with Palm logo.

this has never happened prior to 1.4

Anyone else with this issue? How do i resolve this short of going to sprint tomorrow am?
    Try this...take out the battery and plug in the power cable.

Then when you try to boot up without the battery it should give you a giant missing battery icon.

Now put the battery back in and try to boot up. Give it plenty of time.

This seems to work for me when my phone is stuck on the boot screen.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by m1chaelmichael View Post
    Try this...take out the battery and plug in the power cable.

Then when you try to boot up without the battery it should give you a giant missing battery icon.

Now put the battery back in and try to boot up. Give it plenty of time.

This seems to work for me when my phone is stuck on the boot screen.
    I'll give it a try. hopefully it works.
  4.    #4  
    It's a no go...anyone else has any suggestions?
    My phone (even since before 1.4) gets stuck on the boot screen all the time. Whenever it does I just take out the battery and try again. The most I've ever had to try it is three times, and I never wait longer than 2 minutes because if it hasn't started up by then, it's probably not going to.

The giveaway as to whether or not it's actually booting is the flashing of the Palm logo. No flash, no boot.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    My phone (even since before 1.4) gets stuck on the boot screen all the time. Whenever it does I just take out the battery and try again. The most I've ever had to try it is three times, and I never wait longer than 2 minutes because if it hasn't started up by then, it's probably not going to.

The giveaway as to whether or not it's actually booting is the flashing of the Palm logo. No flash, no boot.
    same here
    Have you tried the method posted by caj2008?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html

Of course the 1.4 doctor is out so I'd imagine you could interchange 1.3.5 for 1.4 at this point, but I've never had an issue when using this method.
  8.    #8  
    it flashes, then i hear email notifications like it's about to boot but then it doesn't
    Try red + sym + R (that worked for me)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Try red + sym + R (that worked for me)
    Had the exact same problem, I just did as jjeffcoat here said and it worked for me. The boot time is a bit longer than before (but not much) that should ur problem.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    After reading here, I tried the battery removal & replacement repeatedly, and after three attempts, the buggar finally seemed to kick itself in the pants and boot up.

BTW, for me, the problem that seemed to initiate my issue?
    * I was downloading app updates from the App Catalog to 14 apps while my battery was apparently FAR too low. Battery died while attempting and the Phone got caught with it's pants down, metaphorically speaking.

all better now, it appears. I'll know more when it finally charges. Gotta get me another battery!!!
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com
    Yeah, sometimes it takes 3 or more battery pulls to get your Pre to reset.
    One quick way before just pulling the battery is what a tech will do.
    Hold power down and slide the mute switch back and forth about 3-4 times. It forces a reboot of the phone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Seems I reported too soon. It never actually recovered. The main screen came back, but it failed to respond to ANY screen touches. I did a three finger salute to it again, and thus began a 5 hour chase of battery removal/replacement, Orange+Sym+R repeatedly, and even Power+3-6 mute switch slides... to no avail.

I'm wondering if my device has checked out on me and wants a lobotomy. Perhaps I can toss it against a wall and get a new one with the $10 I pay to Sprint every month? I'm at my wits end here.

Ideas? Recall that it never has actually booted up to a screen that allows me to DO anything at all. Even when it does manage to arrive at the main screen of my device, it is 100X too slow to respond and is showing the Too Many Cards warning immediately upon 'waking up'. It's ridiculous.

Mike
    __
    Michael Compeau
    take the battery out and leave it out for like 5 min. when this happened to me, if i just took it out for a min it would still lock up, but if i left it out for a bit it started up.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCompeau View Post
    Seems I reported too soon. It never actually recovered. The main screen came back, but it failed to respond to ANY screen touches. I did a three finger salute to it again, and thus began a 5 hour chase of battery removal/replacement, Orange+Sym+R repeatedly, and even Power+3-6 mute switch slides... to no avail.

I'm wondering if my device has checked out on me and wants a lobotomy. Perhaps I can toss it against a wall and get a new one with the $10 I pay to Sprint every month? I'm at my wits end here.

Ideas? Recall that it never has actually booted up to a screen that allows me to DO anything at all. Even when it does manage to arrive at the main screen of my device, it is 100X too slow to respond and is showing the Too Many Cards warning immediately upon 'waking up'. It's ridiculous.

Mike
    Sounds like you tried this already, but seemed like I had to hold down or hit the orange-sym-r key quite a bit before it would finally reset.
    The solution for being stuck on the Palm logo without it 'Pulsing' is the Orange + Sym + R. Has fixed every single one I've seen. (Don't even ask the number.. I can't count that high.)
    If it starts to boot up then the Palm logo fades to black and restarts, bring it into a Sprint Store and we will reload the software for you. Or I guess if you wanted, you could Force USB mode and WebOS Doctor it.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    when mine did this, Sprint got me a new phone.
    Mine did this yesterday, the only way i could get it to work again was to doctor it. Worked great if not better after.
    Its good to visit the doctor every now and then
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I went to the (webOS) Doctor, as referred.

Unfortunately, the Doctor grabbed an old version of webOS and I had to go through the update nonsense to OS 1.4 all over again, and though the phone works faster (my 6800 contacts are found faster now -- by factor of about 3X to 4X faster), the fone thinks it's memory is full and won't load ANY apps or download updates to apps. I've posted on that elsewhere. Still stuck with that situation now. Haven't foudn a solution yet. Not happy. Thinking about getting a new phone at Best Buy now.
    __
    Michael Compeau