Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 168
  1.    #1  
    Just thought I'd add to the mess of issues

    Phone recognizes the car but car isn't picking up the phone. Never had an issue with car blue tooth sinking/working, only until 1.4. Tryed a few times, if no one else is having this issue I guess I'll keep trying.

    don't flame. I know there is an offical issue thread. Just wanted to start a bluetooth issue thread vs. it getting lost in a 50 page everyones issues thread.
  2. #2  
    could you specify the BMW you own? model, modelyear, navi/bt-configuration?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    Just thought I'd add to the mess of issues

    Phone recognizes the car but car isn't picking up the phone. Never had an issue with car blue tooth sinking/working, only until 1.4. Tryed a few times, if no one else is having this issue I guess I'll keep trying.

    don't flame. I know there is an offical issue thread. Just wanted to start a bluetooth issue thread vs. it getting lost in a 50 page everyones issues thread.
    my '07 328i (no nav) stopped pairing with my pre after webOS 1.4 update. Very annoying.
  4. #4  
    My pre no longer works with my 06' BMW 650i w/ Nav. This is extraordinarily disappointing since I was looking forward to it finally being able to transfer my contacts list.
    Last edited by pwpark; 02/28/2010 at 06:10 AM.
  5. #5  
    2007 525i (no Nav) here, and I got mixed results. I got my Pre to discover the BMW. When it did, it asked for the pairing code (at this point, tho, the car did not see Pre). I entered the code I used previously - and the Pre confirmed the pairing and displayed the connected icon (a phone symbol). Then the BWM's code confirmation pops, I enter the code - and it too connects..BUT NO connected icon on the car display. So I go back to the car BT settings, and even tho my Pre is listed as an available device...the BT is stuck in "searching for devices mode" and the display shows "no network" (as if my Pre was no longer in range). Weird thing, tho, the Pre still shows that it's connected. So I try making a voice activated call using the steering wheel buttons. The car's BT voice response routing is as usual, but when the car BT attempts to dial...nothing happens, and the BT disengages and the radio comes back on. But my Pre is showing it's connected...so I tried to make another call. This time I manually dialed from the Pre, and the call goes thru the BT (radio speakers) like it should (even tho the BWM display is still stuck on "searching" and "no network").
  6. cobra977's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #6  
    I can confirm same issue as others here. I have a 2006 325i w/Nav. Bluetooth worked fine before with the Pre. Since WebOS 1.4 update, it will not connect. I deleted the Pre from the car, and the car from the Pre, and reset everything - entered the passcode on both ends. This worked fine, but then the Pre says "Unable to Connect" and I can never get a phone icon on the car's display. I tried a dozen times with same result. Extremely disappointing.
  7. #7  
    I got a 330ci and it will answer a call but not hang up. The phone hangs up, but it stays connected to the car so the radio will not got back on.
  8. #8  
    also, i think its pretty cool that so many of us pre owners have BMW's!
  9. #9  
    one more oddity with my Pre & 07' 328i: after pairing, the BT connection cycles every 3 minutes. So, my phone voice transfers from car speakers back to the phone when that happens during a conversation. The BT connection then comes back in about 5 seconds.
  10. Nickps's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #10  
    No problems, 2010 X5 M
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    could you specify the BMW you own? model, modelyear, navi/bt-configuration?
    opps good call. 2007 335i coupe with Nav.
  12.    #12  
    PS- everyone above is having the same problems I'm experiencing. This would be a surprise had palm not stated bluetooth improvements with 1.4. When things are improved other aspects maybe compromised.

    keep posting for those who are having the same trouble. It seems another "update" will be underway if there are more cases such as ours.
  13. #13  
    No BMW here but I do have an aftermarket JVC BT radio which never gave me problems with my Samsung Instinct. My Pre has behaved sporadically with it though. I have had the connect/disconnect cycle problem described above before the update.

    I've also had problems with the phone just disconnecting BT during calls. The worst part of that is, the stereo comes back on but the call is still going on the phone so it really confuses the person on the other end. The first couple of times I thought I just lost the call and kept on driving with the person on the phone and the stereo blasting!

    I doctored my Pre to 1.4 yesterday and was able to pair with the stereo but I haven't made a call with it yet. Will report back after further testing.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    opps good call. 2007 335i coupe with Nav.
    same car...same problem


    edit: it pairs no problem, but never connects after being paired. if i try to manually connect from the pre bluetooth menu it says "connect failed"
  15. #15  
    i had the 645 when it first came out.. now have a 5 series.. sadly.. i never use the BT because a while ago (yes i'm single, and i haven't found true love <cough> untill then i have to kiss different girls allllll the time... stinks i tell ya <cough> /sarcasm ) But i got busted one time when i left my BT on.. and the name of another girl came up on the screen... Not a good night LoL i had to turn around and just drop her off back home. LoL

    Life lesson learned
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    i had the 645 when it first came out.. now have a 5 series.. sadly.. i never use the BT because a while ago (yes i'm single, and i haven't found true love <cough> untill then i have to kiss different girls allllll the time... stinks i tell ya <cough> /sarcasm ) But i got busted one time when i left my BT on.. and the name of another girl came up on the screen... Not a good night LoL i had to turn around and just drop her off back home. LoL

    Life lesson learned
    I hate to be an *** (never am on forums)... But seriously dude... What the hell was that? If your not having update issues with BT then please leave these types of posts for off topic.

    totally useless post... Really
  17. #17  
    My son just got a new Mazdaspeed 3 and he just called me from his car after he synced his Pre with his car's bluetooth, I thought he was talking on his Pre, really clear. The bluetooth system also has voice dial, that's why he called me, testing it out. So anyone with a Mazda with BT, 1.4 works.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    I hate to be an *** (never am on forums)... But seriously dude... What the hell was that? If your not having update issues with BT then please leave these types of posts for off topic.

    totally useless post... Really
    oh yea.. not pairing with 550.. but i thought the BMW guys would enjoy the story. The girls prob wouldn't
  19. #19  
    i just deleted the profile on my 335i and paired it again. i can actually make calls from the phone, but i get no address book on the car and can't answer the phone using the phone button on the steering wheel. if i answer an incoming call from the phone i can use BT with the car. so it's half-way working.

    bring bluetooth amberlamps!!!
  20. #20  
    Posted on this earlier. Have a 07 335 with nav- bluetooth isn't working! I'm not happy! Think there is any chance that palm will release a small update? Are us BMW owners not important enough to palm?
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions