Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bomarco View Post
    Did you personally try any of the links for non-1.4 versions on the page you referenced? If you had, you would see that none of them work. There is no legal way to obtain a pre-1.4 webOS version at this time, as far as I can tell. I have no doubt that your 1.3.5.1 is working great; you were lucky and got it before it was apparently pulled by Palm.
    You can use the Palm Doctor tool here. I tried the link and it appears to work

Palm - webOS Doctor - Select your device
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I tried that method too...after you put in your serial number, it just leads to the same dead link. I really appreciate you trying to help, but it looks like all of the webOS versions before 1.4 have been pulled. I should have been smarter - like you - and doctored back to 1.3.5.1 when I had the chance, but I was hoping that there would be an update in the short term which would address, even partially, the acknowledged problem with 1.4 and older BMW bluetooth systems.

It still is confusing to me why they would pull all of the older versions? Maybe the optimistic side of me hopes it has to do with a soon to be released update. In any case, for BMW bluetooth owners who did not doctor back to 1.3.5.1 when the window of opportunity was there, it may be the final nail in the coffin for Palm products.
    2006 330i here, bluetooth works intermittently... I love my Pre so much, but as others have said, this may be the last straw. Hands free is as important to me, as having an engine and transmission.
    2006 BMW 325i - and pretty much ditto on everything everyone said here. Very annoying. I am trying all I can to not regret going with the Pre Plus, but I am on my 4th phone in 2 months, and it gets harder every day.
    I am getting SO sick of this phone. Now I can't get it to start up as it is stuck on the palm logo. It is able to get a usb connection to the computer, but now my webos doctor 1.3.5 wont boot (because palm pulled it). Is this company crazy!? I just don't get it. Any advice regarding how to get 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I am getting SO sick of this phone. Now I can't get it to start up as it is stuck on the palm logo. It is able to get a usb connection to the computer, but now my webos doctor 1.3.5 wont boot (because palm pulled it). Is this company crazy!? I just don't get it. Any advice regarding how to get 1.3.5?

Look at this post above by jjbrotherton ...the web os doctor 1.3.5 is still available.
    Quote Originally Posted by is300m View Post
    same car...same problem

edit: it pairs no problem, but never connects after being paired. if i try to manually connect from the pre bluetooth menu it says "connect failed"
    same problem here. 2007 328 with nav. Phone pairs but nothing else happens. If I try to manually connect from the phone it says connect failed.
    Palm needs to fix this **** asap. I really don't want to have to move to a Hero..
    It is in the release notes for 1.4.1.
    Let's hope the fix works.
    Bluetooth
    This release fixes an issue so that the phone now correctly connects with supported BMW car kits
    WebOS 1.4.1. addresses this issue. Updating to this version should resolve the problem. Please report back if 1.4.1. does not resolve the issue for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    is 1.4.1 going to change my saab into a bmw?
    will it change my ford pinto into a bmw?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm pulling down the update to 1.4.1.1. I'll post tomorrow after trying it out in my car to and from work.
    CPan

.....Mental dump in progress.....Please wait.....
    I'll already tell you, it works!!

I updated to 1.4.1.1 and everything works great with my 2007 328xi. Paired right up and phonebook transferred with no problems.

Thank you Palm for fixing this.

-Stooxie
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stooxie View Post
    I'll already tell you, it works!!

I updated to 1.4.1.1 and everything works great with my 2007 328xi. Paired right up and phonebook transferred with no problems.

Thank you Palm for fixing this.

-Stooxie
    i also tried it in my 2007 335i convertible, the phone paired but i short time i waited the phonebook didnt transfer nor was i able to send it via contacts option (error message unable to connect), should i have given it a more time to transfer on its own without pushing it?

did you have to delete the previous pair and re-pair again?
    2006 330i here, picked up my old pair settings and was actually paired up before I was in the car. Good to have things back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post
    i also tried it in my 2007 335i convertible, the phone paired but i short time i waited the phonebook didnt transfer nor was i able to send it via contacts option (error message unable to connect), should i have given it a more time to transfer on its own without pushing it?

did you have to delete the previous pair and re-pair again?
    I did clear out everything beforehand, both the phone and the car. I'm not sure how often the car tries to pull the phonebook, but I do know that it tries at least once after new pairing.

-Stooxie
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I followed about the same line and removed the pairing on both and then added the phone back and made a test call for about 15 minutes. No issues so far with one phone call.

I haven't looked at the phone book because I have never actually used that feature in my car.

My car is a 2006 325i no navigation or iDrive.
    CPan

.....Mental dump in progress.....Please wait.....
    Has anyone had any issues going from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4.1.1?
    When i upgraded from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4, and then to 1.4.1.1 none of my apps from the app catalog were there. I did a partial erase and rebooted the phone and re signed into palm profile and everything came back just fine. BT in BMW working just fine as well.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast