Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 168
  1. #101  
    Palm, Action speaks louder than words! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by mpn28; 03/15/2010 at 02:39 PM.
  2. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #102  
    2008 535i, working great
  3. #103  
    Well, without my knowledge, while being charged, my Pre Plus was updated to v1.4. The good news…the Bluetooth connection works perfectly in my 2008 BMW 535xi with Nav. The bad news…it does NOT work in my 2006 BMW 330xi with Nav. I will have to think about this. I do like the changes they made with the upgrade except this BT issue. Hopefully, Palm will make an announcement within the next few weeks that they will have a legacy solution or I will probably take the phone back and get a Blackberry. I can live with what I have for a while.
  4. sweaner's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #104  
    2006 Acura TL, now with intermittent Bluetooth function. Some calls work, some will not.
  5. bretov's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #105  
    apparently they are "working" on fix... actually, my 2 cents, whatever they had for bluetooth in 1.3.5 was JUST FINE! not that i absolutely will go to 1.3.5 but if this is not fixed soon i am going to a different phone (with and I in front).
  6. #106  
    2007 525i BMW will not connect with my PRE! AAauuughh. Alot of us are having the same problems. Entered proper set up, I can see it in my profiles both on the phone and the car but will not connect. Please Palm give us the patch or something. This phone is so good.
  7. #107  
    Goodbye Palm. I exchanged my Palm Pre Plus yesterday for a Blackberry Storm2. While reading through the forums here on PreCentral.net, I discovered more (serious) issues with v1.4 that affects the phone function e.g. missed calls not being logged. I was going to wait until Palm replied to our concerns but after reading about other issues, I made the change. Check out other negative comments provided on the PreCentral.net forums re v1.4 issues. When I went to Verizon to exchange the phone, the customer service rep told me the local Palm rep did not know anything about our issues. Palm has a serious communication problem within their ranks as well. By the way, the Blackberry Storm2 is actually quite nice. Paired without issue to both my 2006 and 2008 BMW’s and transferred all the contacts. Voice commands work perfectly. The phone costs a bit more and is a little more user hostel but I actually like it…a lot…once I learned it’s unique quirks. Check it out as a viable Pre/Pre Plus alternative. Hopefully, Palm will get their act together before they lose too many loyal customers. I wish you all the best…so long.
  8. #108  
    I honestly cant believe that Palm is keeping us BMW owners in the dark about this. Can someone please explain to me a good reason for them only telling us that they are aware of it? I know they don't want to give a date in order to prevent false expectations, but why cant they tell us that they will release an update for this as soon as it is fixed?

    I think they already know whats wrong and have already fixed it internally... they just don't want to release a small update for this. They want BMW owners to suffer until they fix all the other stuff they ****ed up with 1.4. I'm at 1.3.5 currently, but am extremely unhappy about it.

    I'm sorry to say that Palm is going to lose another customer in the long run. I only say long run because I am waiting until this summer to buy another phone. Am I going to buy a Palm? Probably not... only because I know that this bulls**t can happen any time and that is terrible for people who use their phone for business purposes.

    Why aren't more people furious about this? Even people tat don't have BMWs. It's terrible that palm would to this to their customers.
  9. #109  
    While I do understand your frustration on the issue, I also have to state that Palm not announcing when an issue is going to be fixed or if an issue is fixed is nothing out of the ordinary for any major company.

    Apple doesn't announce when they are releasing the next update, nor Google, RIM, Microsoft etc etc etc.

    If you are going to be leaving Palm because we don't announce when the next update is pushed out then unfortunately I don't think you are going to be satisfied with the next phone you get unless of course it doesn't provide updates.

    Now if you are upset that a quick update is not pushed out to every single webOS users for this one issue, although I again understand that need for that, and if I owned a BMW would love to have it, I also have to think about every other issue that is currently prominent on the Pre, are those bugs and issues, and users supposed to be left in the dark because bluetooth not working with BMW is high priority and needs fixed NOW?

    Once again I have to think you are going to be extremely dissatisfied with the next cellphone company you go with because I don't know any company that pushes out quick fixes for every little issue that arises.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I honestly cant believe that Palm is keeping us BMW owners in the dark about this. Can someone please explain to me a good reason for them only telling us that they are aware of it? I know they don't want to give a date in order to prevent false expectations, but why cant they tell us that they will release an update for this as soon as it is fixed?

    I think they already know whats wrong and have already fixed it internally... they just don't want to release a small update for this. They want BMW owners to suffer until they fix all the other stuff they ****ed up with 1.4. I'm at 1.3.5 currently, but am extremely unhappy about it.

    I'm sorry to say that Palm is going to lose another customer in the long run. I only say long run because I am waiting until this summer to buy another phone. Am I going to buy a Palm? Probably not... only because I know that this bulls**t can happen any time and that is terrible for people who use their phone for business purposes.

    Why aren't more people furious about this? Even people tat don't have BMWs. It's terrible that palm would to this to their customers.
    We're all aggravated about this. I, like many others who drive a BMW and and own a pre depend on this feature.
    There are three things that are never believed:
    The checks in the mail.
    The truth and We are working on it!!

    Palm, show us what you're working on and give us a REAL time frame when this will be fixed!
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    While I do understand your frustration on the issue, I also have to state that Palm not announcing when an issue is going to be fixed or if an issue is fixed is nothing out of the ordinary for any major company.

    Apple doesn't announce when they are releasing the next update, nor Google, RIM, Microsoft etc etc etc.

    If you are going to be leaving Palm because we don't announce when the next update is pushed out then unfortunately I don't think you are going to be satisfied with the next phone you get unless of course it doesn't provide updates.

    Now if you are upset that a quick update is not pushed out to every single webOS users for this one issue, although I again understand that need for that, and if I owned a BMW would love to have it, I also have to think about every other issue that is currently prominent on the Pre, are those bugs and issues, and users supposed to be left in the dark because bluetooth not working with BMW is high priority and needs fixed NOW?

    Once again I have to think you are going to be extremely dissatisfied with the next cellphone company you go with because I don't know any company that pushes out quick fixes for every little issue that arises.

    I do agree with your standpoint and response. I own a retail business as well, and at times there is hardly a way to please "ALL" so at times, it may be a best bet to part ways with the "problem buyers" ---so I do get your point.


    This case however, bluetooth is a pretty big issue if you ask me. People buy a cell phone (pre in this case) to make and recieve phone calls... and bluetooth is a big factor.

    While I do agree that bluetooth is not 100% broken, and the phone is still usable, leaving us BMW owners (and possibly others, according to this thread) out of the loop is pretty harsh


    I remember there was an update that broke Exchange ActiveSync.

    While not ALL users use EAS, Palm DID diligently pushed a minuscule update out within a few days (week I believe).
  12. #112  
    To any WebOS programmers who might be listening out there...I don't know anything about Linux, but the behavior of this problem resembles that of a PC's firewall blocking inbound BT communication. Is it possible the Pre's built-in security (like a firewall) is blocking the inbound communication from the BWM carkit (and it does so somewhere at the end of the pairing routine, after accepting the pairing code)? Both the Pre and carkit can see each other, and the Pre sometimes establishes a one-way link (from the Pre to the carkit), but it seems any communication from the carkit to the Pre (post pairing code) gets blocked. I know I'm shooting in the dark here, but I'm hoping a programmer out there can make a patch until Palm can update the OS. Please?
  13. cobra977's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #113  
    I won't speculate on the solution, but I agree with the patch comment.... I'm in the same boat as everyone else here with an '06 BMW 325i, so I am very anxious to get this fixed. But since HardBeatZ characterized this as a "little issue" that no company would push a quick fix for, I think it is safe to assume that the BMW BT solution will likely be packaged with several other 1.4 fixes after they are all identified, resolved, and tested. Meaning... probably not very soon. My question is: In the meantime, why couldn't Palm issue an official "patch" for small issues like this via the app catalog? Then, incorporate it later into a larger WebOS release.
  14. #114  
    Web OS Doctor. Here is the link that the Help Chat from Palm sent me earlier today. Basically, until they come up with the patch (which could take weeks or months) you are screwed until that happens- unless you switch back to the palm os version 1.3.5.1. I have asked how to download the patch and will try it tonight. If anyone else has tried this, I would be curious to know if you have had any success or if it worked.

    https secure.logmeinrescue.com/Customer/Survey.aspx?ticket=ca043da1-d659-4271-b684-bc0040e832d9[/url]
  15. #115  
    Oh, and just FYI I am driving a 2006 325i. Nothing fancy, but love the bt feature!!!
  16. #116  
    You may have to use the web os doctor and re-install the OS version 1.3.5.1 to replace the 1.4 version.
    That is the advice that I received from the palm pre web help chat desk. I'm trying it later tonight. I'll post my results tomorrow.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmccoubrey View Post
    You may have to use the web os doctor and re-install the OS version 1.3.5.1 to replace the 1.4 version.
    That is the advice that I received from the palm pre web help chat desk. I'm trying it later tonight. I'll post my results tomorrow.
    already did it, working well, make sure you backup your phone first, but now the phone has already downloaded 1.4 again and wants to install it and i am stuck with clicking "install later" each time i charge the phone, hopefully it doesn't do so automatically
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by pasricat View Post
    already did it, working well, make sure you backup your phone first, but now the phone has already downloaded 1.4 again and wants to install it and i am stuck with clicking "install later" each time i charge the phone, hopefully it doesn't do so automatically
    I did the same. I disabled the update feature of the phone. Not too hard to figure out how to do. See this thread. Get The Terminal App, and follow the instructions.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...get-1-4-a.html
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    While I do understand your frustration on the issue, I also have to state that Palm not announcing when an issue is going to be fixed or if an issue is fixed is nothing out of the ordinary for any major company.

    Apple doesn't announce when they are releasing the next update, nor Google, RIM, Microsoft etc etc etc.

    If you are going to be leaving Palm because we don't announce when the next update is pushed out then unfortunately I don't think you are going to be satisfied with the next phone you get unless of course it doesn't provide updates.

    Now if you are upset that a quick update is not pushed out to every single webOS users for this one issue, although I again understand that need for that, and if I owned a BMW would love to have it, I also have to think about every other issue that is currently prominent on the Pre, are those bugs and issues, and users supposed to be left in the dark because bluetooth not working with BMW is high priority and needs fixed NOW?

    Once again I have to think you are going to be extremely dissatisfied with the next cellphone company you go with because I don't know any company that pushes out quick fixes for every little issue that arises.
    Thanks for the response. I do understand where you are coming from. It would be extremely hard to release updates for all of the "minor" bugs on the Pre, but It amazes me that you do not see the severity of breaking the bluetooth after an update. When I purchased by phone, one of the first things I did was go into my car and make sure that the bluetooth worked. I live in California where it is illegal to hold the phone up to your head, and I use it for business and people have issues hearing me when using speaker phone. When I saw that the Pre paired fine with my car, I didn't feel that I would have to worry about losing that function someday. It is unacceptable that this happened. Period.

    I do not like that you are justifying Palm's secrecy because Apple and RIM do it. Not being out of the ordinary makes you... ordinary, and that is not what Palm needs with such great competition.

    You tell me that I am going to be extremely dissatisfied if I choose to buy a different brand in the future because they will still be secretive about updates and wont fix small problems quickly. I am aware that these other companies don't do these things. The difference with them is that they are not going to screw up by releasing an update that breaks the bluetooth in my car (that was previously working). I have never heard or read anything about something like this before. When I tell my coworkers about this, they laugh and give me a ton of crap for my phone. Their iPhones, Blackberry's, and $50 cell phones have never done anything like this to them.

    You guys at Palm can defend this as much as you want, but as someone else on here said, actions speak louder than words. You may think this is a "minor" problem, but again, why would people being affected by this buy your brand in the future? You may fix this in 1.4.5, but what if you guys screw it up again in 1.5? That is very big concern to me, and I am sure to many other users. Stop coming up with excuses and fix the phone. This is a phone after all, and I expect bluetooth to be extremely compatible.
    Last edited by cyberstven; 03/12/2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Typo
  20. #120  
    BMW bluetooth pairing on the latest model BMWs are known to be unreliable at best. Just do a search on the problems with Blackberries and BMWs. I suggest everyone call BMW and complain about this. They need to take this seriously and address it with an update to their cars' software.

    It may be easy to point the finger at Palm as culprit since it apparently paired OK with past webOS versions. But it could just be that the Pre has perhaps tightened its bluetooth stack to be even more compliant with the spec. BMW may fall short of meeting the spec. If it weren't for the widespread issues people have with BMW and bluetooth pairing to other phones, I'd also be quick to blame Palm.

Posting Permissions