Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    No problem at all with 2008 335 xi (no Nav, no iDrive) and WebOS 1.4. Bluetooth phone connection still works perfectly... address book and all.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    2007 335i... been up and down with BT handsfree through various versions of the OS. 1.3.5 had fixed the problems with not showing the contacts on the nav display.. it was working great FINALLY.. then 1.4.. poof.. !@#%@#% says it pairs.. but won't display the little antenna and signal strength bars.. no contacts.. and when a call comes in it will play the audio through the car for a few seconds and then drop back to the phone for audio.
    I'm REALLY getting fed up with the BT hands free on this PRE!!!!!!! I went to the trouble of doctoring the phone to 1.4 just in case it was related to some homebrew stuff.. but it still won't work. SOB! Calling Palm again next week.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    2009 335i (Nav and iDrive). Working well. No problems. Seems that a previous observation that this is limited to 2007 and previous models might be accurate
    I'll have to send them my logs:

BMW X-5 2007 and 2008

Had issue with the 2008, but it somehow started working again. Not the same with the 2007-- not since 1.4
    06 330 NOT working. I have the same issues as everyone else!!
    well i was thinking of retrofitting my '01 5er with the bluetooth kit, not anymore...
    Anyone have any word when they are going to send an update? Do you think they will release it soon after they figure out the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    2007 335i... been up and down with BT handsfree through various versions of the OS. 1.3.5 had fixed the problems with not showing the contacts on the nav display.. it was working great FINALLY.. then 1.4.. poof.. !@#%@#% says it pairs.. but won't display the little antenna and signal strength bars.. no contacts.. and when a call comes in it will play the audio through the car for a few seconds and then drop back to the phone for audio.
    I'm REALLY getting fed up with the BT hands free on this PRE!!!!!!! I went to the trouble of doctoring the phone to 1.4 just in case it was related to some homebrew stuff.. but it still won't work. SOB! Calling Palm again next week.
    Exact same problem with same car. Very frustrating. Have to use an earpiece bluetooth now.
    2006 BMW 530xi...same problem as everyone else. I use A LOT!! I will be going back to 1.3.5.1....it seems that every time they fix something they break something that was working...who tests these updates?
    How do you roll back to the previous version?
    I just wasted an hour of my life chatting with Palm Support. The guy I chatted with says that they will only support vehicles listed on their matrix, which is 2009 BMWs going forward with 1.4. This is a crap answer. Here is the link to webos doctor to roll back to 1.3.5.1.
    Palm - webOS Doctor - Select your device
    I suggest that everyone that is having this issue go to the link below and click on chat to voice your opinion on how unacceptable this is.
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Setting up your Palm webOS phone
    2006 BMW 325i with NAV - webOS 1.4 Pre pairs fine but no connection in car - very upset that I cant use the bluetooth anymore

PLEASE PROVIDE AN UPDATE TO FIX THIS ISSUE !!
    I guess Palm doesn't give a RIP about us and this issue. Fortunately for me, I can return my Pre Plus and will do so if I don't see an encouraging comment from Palm this week. Blackberry was my second choice and I know it's bluetooth system is compatible with most older BMW automobiles. Another case where a Company bites the hand that feeds them. I have been loyal to Palm since they first came out with the PDA Pilot. What a shame! Good Luck Palm, you are going to need it.
    Went online to chat with Palm. Not very helpful. There claim is that if our "car kit" is not on their list, then we (BMW Owners) are out of luck! Been a Palm user since the beginning with every pilot they came out with. This surprises me. Not like they used to be!
    I just wanted to let everyone here know..

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.

I first saw this thread on the Palm forums and did not realize there was a thread here as well. I try to keep both sites updated with the latest information.

You can find the palm forum thread here
    Bluetooth problem with Palm Pre and BMW 6 Series - Palm Support Community

The highlights are
    1. We identified the issue
    2. We asked for some volunteers in the bay area to bring BMW's by so we can replicate the issue and have received some users for that

Although I can't go into any more specifics beyond that I can state those two things we are aware of this issue and are working diligently on a solution. I know I'm going to be asked for a time frame and stuff like that, but I can not comment on that and I don't want to give any users false hopes or improper expectations.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone here know..

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.

I first saw this thread on the Palm forums and did not realize there was a thread here as well. I try to keep both sites updated with the latest information.

You can find the palm forum thread here
    Bluetooth problem with Palm Pre and BMW 6 Series - Palm Support Community

The highlights are
    1. We identified the issue
    2. We asked for some volunteers in the bay area to bring BMW's by so we can replicate the issue and have received some users for that

Although I can't go into any more specifics beyond that I can state those two things we are aware of this issue and are working diligently on a solution. I know I'm going to be asked for a time frame and stuff like that, but I can not comment on that and I don't want to give any users false hopes or improper expectations.
    Thank you HardBeatZ and Palm for recognizing the issue and striving to correct it. I will be monitoring these 2 threads closely as I am in Sales and use my car kit several hours a day.
    Thanks HardBeatZ for recognizing the issue. No thank you for not telling us how long you expect it to take. I know Palm likes to be cool and secretive like everyone else in the game, but you broke something of mine and I want to know when it will be fixed. If it takes longer than you say, so be it...if it takes time, it takes time. But at least show us that you are working to get this out to us AS SOON AS IT IS FIXED; not when you release fixes to all of your other minor errors in 1.4. I am NOT proud to be a Palm owner right now and I will be expensing any tickets I get from this BS to your company.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    it happens on my preludes jvc headunit too..... it works great with 1.3.5.01 but no 1.4! all other phones still work and it has never seen my car as carkit either just says bluetooth stereo or sumtin... i could make calls and listen to music but now it just randomly drops even tho it says its still connected and the control still changes the song but no sound
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    its not just bmws.... "miss hogwater done r-u-n-o-f-t"