Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    BMW 330i 2006

Bluetooth and phonebook download worked fine from day 1 (June '09).
    Three updates ago broke the phonebook download, but it got fixed with the next update.

1.4 update - nothing works. No bluetooth. No phonebook.
    I have similar issues that others have seen. I can pair my phone, but none of the controls on the steering wheel work, and nothing shows on the dash.

Bummer! I might have to roll back to 1.3.5 until that's fixed.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    have anybody called PALM to notify them (read: complain) . I would be more than happy to call , just checking if this was done...
    wonder if emailing would be faster- any experience on issue reporting to PALM?

btw- i have 335i e93 no-nav
    can someone post palms number. I can't find it and I'm in the car
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    can someone post palms number. I can't find it and I'm in the car

Support options from Palm
    Need setup help? For free* setup help within the first 90 days of purchase, please call the Palm Setup Support Line at 1-866-750-PALM (7256).

i can't call, but i tried live chat and it doesnt not work... for me... if someone can please try that chat option too
    I tired live chat twice. They tell you to uninstall and resync your bluetooth since they don't know what else to tell you other than the engineers are working in a fix. Go on Palm's website to the forums and register your problem. The more of us that do that hopefully the faster they will (hopefully) work on a solution.
    08 M3 w/Tech Pkg. (i.e., iDrive/Nav) - no problems with 1.4 and bluetooth.
  7.    #67  
    Thanks for posting the Support Help number.

My question is how does one "roll back" to a pervious version (in this case 1.3.5)? Sorry for not searching....

thanks
    I'm pretty sure you need to use webosdoctor. There is a good threat about it somewhere,,, something like idiots guide to 1.4. My question is, how do i stop the update? If someone here can link us to instructions for that, it would be very appreciated. Otherwise, I'll have to take care of it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need to use webosdoctor. There is a good threat about it somewhere,,, something like idiots guide to 1.4. My question is, how do i stop the update? If someone here can link us to instructions for that, it would be very appreciated. Otherwise, I'll have to take care of it tonight.
    I doctored back to 1.3.5.1.

See these threads on how to stop the update. The easiest thing i found to do was to dpwnload the Terminal App from Preware and put in the code as instructed in the threads. My BT works perfectly again and i have not had any updates try to go through

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...get-1-4-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...omp-force.html
    At first right after the 1.4 update, my Pre was not connecting via BT in my A6. I had to delete the phone from the car and delete the Audi device from the Pre. Then starting from scratch I paired them and it works like a charm!
    Have tried re=pairing, connects but drops off or does not connect at all. Very frustrating. Finally got exchange working and now no bluetooth in car. My 2 favorite features. This needs to be fixed. Please update soon. The BMW bluetooth is a great system.
    All,

I started a thread about this over on Palm's support forums and the bug has been accepted by Palm. They are asking for logs AND IF YOU ARE IN THE BAY AREA, they want to be contacted. Presumably to see this in person.

Apparently 2008 and later BMWs are ok, but 2007 and prior are broken.

Here is a link to the thread:

(replace xxxx with http since new users can't post links )

xxxx://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Software/WebOS-1-4-kills-Bluetooth-on-BMWs/m-p/261509#M15979

Follow the instructions and you can help out. The Palm guy is HardBeatZ.

-Stooxie
    I upgraded yesterday and now I cannot pair my palm pre with the 750 Li BMW. The BMW acknowledges the phone but it isn't pairing with it. I have to turn off bluetooth in order to use the phone because it locks up. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD84170 View Post
    I upgraded yesterday and now I cannot pair my palm pre with the 750 Li BMW. The BMW acknowledges the phone but it isn't pairing with it. I have to turn off bluetooth in order to use the phone because it locks up. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Exactly the same problem that I have with my 2006 BMW 750Li. What year is your model? Previously, I was able to pair and use the BT system, but did not have phone book support. Did you have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD84170 View Post
    As of now.. doctor back to 1.3.5. Thats what i did, and it works just fine. I am leaving it there until a solution is available.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok , from the log on PALM official website i received the following suggestion on how to properly log the problem with PALM... lets all follow it:

"
    1. Reproduce the problem

2. Launch the phone application

3. Type ##LOGS# on the virtual dialpad

4. Select quick log create

5. Email log file to weboslogs2@zensap.com

6. In the email type a brief description of the issue so I can match your log file with your issue.

Thank you,

HardBeatZ"
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer View Post
    Have tried re=pairing, connects but drops off or does not connect at all. Very frustrating. Finally got exchange working and now no bluetooth in car. My 2 favorite features. This needs to be fixed. Please update soon. The BMW bluetooth is a great system.
    In your post you said something like "finally got exchange working" - do you mean you were having problems syncing your Pre with Microsoft Outlook exchange servers? If so, what wasn't syncing: your email, tasks or calendar?

It's been a couple of weeks since my Pre calendar has stopped syncing with the exchange server at work and no one at Sprint, Palm or the IT department understands why.

What did you have to do to get it working again?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    2005 530i iDrive-CCC with NAV, Sprint Pre here. Pairs fine, never connects, no signal strength meter on car display, no joy. Sad, I had just noticed the day before 1.4 that my entire FB-sync'd contact list was working in the car! I had been ignoring the car's address book since many versions ago.
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    same issue here as everyone else

2007 bmw 328i w/nav
    sprint
    Same issue. 07 (July 07 build), 335i, Premium, Sport, Nav.

I rolled back to 1.3.5.1 and everything works fine.

I found Palm chat support very helpful. They acknowledged that other customers were reporting the problem and asked me to send them my logs.

Hope they get it fixed soon.