Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    just adding my name to this list:

07 BMW 328xi (no nav), BT was fine before 1.4 using Sprint, but now having same problems as people are describing.
    Last edited by timmy1500; 03/01/2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: no nav
    2006 BMW X3, no BT after 1.4 update as well. I doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and BT is perfect. I use BT much more than anything else on the 1.4 update. When they fix it i will upgrade back to 1.4.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    2006 m6...sprint..worked without a glitch before....nothing since the update
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    2005 X3/Verizon Pre Plus: Same as everyone else. Bluetooth worked perfectly with 1.3.5.1 now essentially useless with 1.4 (call initiated or answered on phone will work for a few minutes but no handsfree functionality, no address book downloading). Phone says it is paired but car continually says "Activate phone" with no recognition of pairing.
    pairs for me, but it disconnects after about 1 min into a call. 2006 bmw 550i.

i don't get the sigal strength on the dash anymore. also when i have a physical headset plugged into the jack and make a call it defaults to the bluetooth system.. which is weird, but inevitably it drops off from bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickps View Post
    No problems, 2010 X5 M
    my 2005 X5 is also working just fine. perhaps the X5s have some special bluetooth magic that all other models lack
    Ok, so it seems that all cars that are making problems are equipped with MK.IV or iDrive-CCC.

Newest CIC-navigation was not mentioned. (besides Claws "2009 335xi" - are you sure that your car has the newest iDrive with the new controller with shortcut-buttons around it?)

If that is right, then the problem could be the PBAP-protocoll, which these cars are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    my 2005 X5 is also working just fine. perhaps the X5s have some special bluetooth magic that all other models lack
    sorry to ruin the x5 awesomeness but 2002 X5 with pioneer navigation doesn't autoconnect...have to sit there and go into pref, search, and reinput the passcode everytime after it connects it's works fine until I get out
    Quote Originally Posted by icagan View Post
    I have a 2006 X3 no navigation and lost my connectivity after 1.4. Sprint Palm Pre Same issue other have reported. Shows searching all the time although it says it is connected. Sporadically connects. Please post a work around or solution if Palm comes up with one.
    Update-

On-line chat with Palm yesterday. Told me to resync bluetooth and it would "surely fix the problem." It surely did not! Still says searching all the time. Cannot end call on steering wheel but will work at times! Palm needs to admit the problem and come up with a solution! Anyone have any other thoughts??
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by icagan View Post
    Update-

On-line chat with Palm yesterday. Told me to resync bluetooth and it would "surely fix the problem." It surely did not! Still says searching all the time. Cannot end call on steering wheel but will work at times! Palm needs to admit the problem and come up with a solution! Anyone have any other thoughts??
    thats funny, "try it again, it should work". I would've been like "uhh you don't know what to do, do you?"

MY SUGGESTION: Seems like others have done it; Call Palm Help Center Up and simply report this wide spread problem with BMW (or other manufact) Bluetooth. We have to get enough reports or it will go unnoticed AND it will not be incliuded in the next update. Note, if the assistant claims that this is this first they've heard of it, give them hell, thats BS. Tell them there are NUMEROUS reports of this on the forums, so its not just an isolated case.

Good Luck All.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have a 2006 325i, no nav, no iDrive, phone connects, doesn't show on the stereo, doesn't work with the steering wheel buttons or the stereo buttons. The phone rings through the stereo but have to answer on the phone...which answers it on the phone not on the BT. After answering, I can transfer to the car BT but I have to hang up on the phone. I also have had the dropping of the BT consistently in the car, and may be by coincidence, on my BT headset (Motorola H710) sporatically.

I had no problems pre-1.4 and am not sure if I'll go back to 1.3.whatever or not. BMW has tested the PRE, but unfortunately they only tested Palm WebOS 1.0.3 ( www .bmwusa .com/Standard/Content/Owner/BluetoothYourBMW/CurrentlyAvailableCompatiblePhones.aspx]BMW North America ). I have seen another thread here where numerous other car manufacturers work flawlessly.

I guess we paid for the BMW name and not BT compatibility....LOL!
    2001 X5 with retrofit Bluetooth module (ver 13) and 2004 M3 with same Bluetooth module, no problem with 1.4 and Verizon Pre Plus & Pixi Plus. Also been driving a loaner 2008 328i with BT (non-iDrive), no problems with pairing or making or receiving calls. Maybe delete your BT profile on BMW and also on your phone and re-do the pairing.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Since upgrading to 1.4, I can no longer pair my phone correctly with my 2006 BMW 750 (navigation / I-drive). The system recognizes, but won't connect. Previously, I had no phonebook support, but I could at least pair and use successfully. I am able to pair correctly with a bluetooth headset.
    2008 M5. Worked perfectly before 1.4, not connecting after.
    I have a 2006 BMW 530i with NAV....Bluetooth doesnt work.....connects but then mysteriously disconnects......tried repairing with no luck.....really stinks because i love bluetooth in my BMW.....lets hope they come out with a fix for this......
  16. exp
    have an after market Bluetooth (Tellphone 5000)

I can not pair any longer. It will constantly search. It did find the system one time, input the pass coe and it terminated and went back to searching. No problems until update. Had the phone since it hit the market last year..
    What I don't get is why Palm is so damn secretive about updates. Why can't they be more transparent about them? Are they trying to generate buzz for their phones? Are they afraid of letting user down (as seen by everyone freaking out that 1.4 wouldn't come out in Feb)? I just can't figure it out... especially for a problem like this.

Palm has acknowledged this issue on their forum, but why cant they tell us that they are aware of it and will release a small update as soon as they find the problem and test out the fix? Why can't they say we should have this fixed by friday, next wed, etc. Even if they don't hit the deadline, at least we know they are actively trying to work on it. Instead they leaving us hanging wondering if us BMW owners are worth their time? For all we know, this may not got fixed for 8 weeks!

I spoke Sprint about this and the supervisor's only solution was to flash back to 1.3.5 :-P. I'm sure I could be transferred to retentions and get a Hero or something, but I want my Pre! I have invested so much into it.. it's sad that I may have to get rid of it for some ridiculous problem like this.

PALM CAN YOU PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED ABOUT THIS! STOP BEING SO DAMN SECRETIVE.
    relax.. they will have a fix soon.. there was a HUGE leap forward with this release.. and a bunch of small bugs were introduced. They will get fixed soon. i just know it.
    You tell me to relax, but you don't know what I have had to go through the last 2 days with my coworkers/clients complaining that they can't hear me :-). Hopefully they will have a fix soon, but you don't agree that they should simply acknowledge it?
    I have a 2007 328xi with a build date of 07/07 with navigation (iDrive) and the bluetooth is still working. The phone is a sprint pre running webos 1.4 with patches on it. I know that 3 series built after 3/07 have updated hardware and that in all versions of idrive the software is upgradeable by the dealer. I know that the current level of software is 32.1 and I had my car in shop a few weeks ago and it was updated to the current version. Also the BMWs website says that the pre works on car with a build date after 03/07. I dont know if this help but I hope it does.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast